BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] TUGAY 4 Rovers

Hughesy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Jensen leave because Kean can't delegate? Clement grabbed the first chance to be offski to a club with prospects.

Being Kean's assistant seems to be a job which offers no satisfaction as SK appears not to know how to get the best from his assistants. Tugay or Faz are very experienced pros with a lot to offer. Can you see either of them keeping their mouth shut and being a SK yes man, especially when he has shown himself to be totally inexperienced as a man manager and out of his depth in all other departments? Seems like a lose/lose situation for anyone coming into that job as we are relegation bound; come and learn about how to fail. What positive experience would an assistant gain which will help them step up to a manager's job in their own right? People learn what's best from the best.

On an optimistic note, Venky's lawyers might have had the sense to insert a "we can terminate the manager's contract without a big payoff if relegated" clause into SK's new contract which would leave the field open for a new management team to rebuild. Wishful thinking, but any business would put some clause into a senior manager's contract to allow dismissal for non-performance. Being highly successful in their other commercial ventures, I can't see Venky's lawyers omitting such a basic clause.....or did SK's agent have a lot to do with the contract? If so, we are stuck with him. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"More of my happy pills please Nurse."

Paris, steeped in history, beauty and culture...or Blackburn with Matalan and Waves.

While I would say that getting him in wouldn't necessarily improve our prospects on the pitch I am all for it. That is just because it might possibly cheer me up for 5 minutes and give me something to sing about. Any change from the usual crap is welcome especially if it involves a legend.

[quote name='RoverMad86' timestamp='1326407879' post='1211228'

We need a rally point. We need a talisman. We need Tugay.

We need decent owners and a manager. Thats what you really mean.

There's no way Kean will appoint Tugay.

You can't have an assistant that's got a higher profile and is more popular and likable than the manager.

Kean will see him as too much of a threat threat.

Shame but it's true.

My money's on Faz. Kean will want (and need) to lean on his experience from now until the end of the season.

I want chris coleman. I love Tugay but dont want him to come back under the venky era. At least coleman and kean have together before and at least coleman has the premiership experience, he would be a big help i think.

No! definatly not chris coleman dont bring back the original mr.burns & smithers!

We have nothing left to lose...win against fulham keeps us in touching distance, the club is a mess the fans have been pushed over the edge we will not sustain a run of results and ewood will get nasty we need change!

Venkys are clearly not going to get a new manager and it is far too late now!

Tugay is the only thing mentioned that will give the place a buzz and get fans behind the team, Tugay will also give the fans a sort of connection back with the club (venkys clearly dont know how to do this or just dont care).

I think he would have a far greater impact on the fans if he returned as assistant then sheare would as manager.

JA thought he had the place "rocking" end of january.....If kean grows some tempory balls and accepts Tugay's job application you will see Ewood Park ROCKING!

Archived