BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] TUGAY 4 Rovers

Hughesy

As many are saying, no!

I love Tugay's loyalty and determination to help, but honestly, if he has to work UNDER Kean, and with this regime and ownership the way it is, it would only tarnish the legacy he helped to build. I want him at Blackburn Rovers one day, in some capacity, but right now? No.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back page of today's LT.

Tugay is interested in becoming Kean's new assistant manager, and has put his name forward.!

As revealed and discussed on BRFCS podcast 20 earlier this week. :)

• Backroom

Save him for our promotion season.

Ee aye ee aye ee aye oh

up the NPower League 1 we go

when we get promotion

this is what we'll sing

We are Rovers

We are Rovers

Tugay is our King!

Faz is the best option out there if the LT article is correct about the people interested in the job. Tugay was a great player, but that doesn't guarantee he would be a great coach. We need an experienced assistant right now and Faz is the most qualified in that aspect.

Having said all this I agree with Den and others, I'm not sure what difference an assistant would make right now with that buffoon in charge.

Exactly my thinking.

But like others have said - im convinced Kean wouldnt have him as he would be more popular and the fans would want Tugay to replace Kean after a few games.

I think you meant immediately, not after a few games.

Pie in the sky and won't happen anyway....but some light at the end of this particular tunnel would be very pleasing and I would love Tugay back in any capacity. Academically qualified or not, he would be a huge improvement on the plankton we currently have in charge and for me he could have Kean's job, Clement's job and Grellas job thrown in as well.

Oh for the days when we had some class at the club, both on the pitch and behind the scenes.

TUUUUUGAAAY!

Sod off to all the "oh no dont work with kean" The legend IS putting his name forward - he obviously cares and is confident in his ability that he could help save our season. Im sure he knows all about Kean and venkys but obviously rovers matter more to him than that.

BUT EVEN THOUGH TUGAY IS OFFERING HIS SERVICE TO KEAN, WILL KEAN TAKE IT? NO I DOUBT IT I HONESTLY THINK KEAN THRIVES OFF ATTENTION HE GETS EVEN if ITS NEGATIVE OFF THE FANS AND SYMPATHY OF OTHER MANAGERS AND PRESS. JUST A SHAME HE DOESNT THRIVE IN A MANAGERIAL WAY. I WOULD COMPARE HIM TO A DOG BUT I LIKE DOGS.

It is very comforting and uplifting to see that one of Rovers TRUE legends cares enough to want to return and help the club out of it's present plight, but I agree with those who say it would be the wrong time to do it. In all my 65 seasons as a supporter I can still count on one hand the number of players that actually DO rate the tiltle of Club Legend and Tugs is certainly one of them!

Sadly though I really hope it doesn't happen until such time as the club has seen the last of the Venkys and and all their attachments. Both the club and the Legend deserve no less than that.

Tugay is a legend, and as much as I appreciate his willingness to try to help Rovers, I fear that Kean would not go for it at all. As has been said he likes being the number 1 man and would not like somebody like Tugay coming in and stealing the limelight.

Once Keans gone by all means bring Tugay in a capacity - assistant manager or otherwise as he would help to galvanise fans and improve the atmosphere in the ground.

I would love to seed tugod as number 2 to a more EXPERIENCED mangager at rovers. But he is learning the managing trade and kean would be the worst possible teacher. Ideal situation for now would be an experienced number two if we cant get rid of the bald idiot.

Anyway kean would be too much of a coward to bring in tugod as every second chant would be "Kean OUT" followed by "TUGAY theres only one TUGAY"......

Could you imagine the outrage if Tugay got the job and after a few weeks got sacked by kean because results didn't improve? There would be riots. Although this sort of appointment could take a lot of negitivity away from Ewood.

Ee aye ee aye ee aye oh

up the NPower League 1 we go

when we get promotion

this is what we'll sing

We are Rovers

We are Rovers

Tugay is our King!

Love it - lets getting singing this on Sat

I actually don't want Tugay to come. I would like to see him at the club at some capacity for the long term, not just while the circus is in town. Kean and Venky's won't be here long, or Venky's will decide to give it a real go and their first move would be to sack Kean and give his replacement a sizeable transfer kitty as well as hiring proper backroom staff.

It is very comforting and uplifting to see that one of Rovers TRUE legends cares enough to want to return and help the club out of it's present plight, but I agree with those who say it would be the wrong time to do it. In all my 65 seasons as a supporter I can still count on one hand the number of players that actually DO rate the tiltle of Club Legend and Tugs is certainly one of them!

Sadly though I really hope it doesn't happen until such time as the club has seen the last of the Venkys and and all their attachments. Both the club and the Legend deserve no less than that.

At least there is somebody who actually WANTS TO COME. Others want to run, being pushed out or sidelined.

This should never be a popularity contest, we are constantly told the team spirit could not be any better anyway - this should be based on ability/proven track record.

Would not mind seeing Tugay back as a coach at some point, however we need quality, whether that be on the coaching staff or as players.

Venky's will decide to give it a real go and their first move would be to sack Kean and give his replacement a sizeable transfer kitty as well as hiring proper backroom staff.

Living in a dreamworld there mate.

I'd love Tugay to come though, we are down as it is so anything is worth a shot.

Archived