BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] TUGAY 4 Rovers

Hughesy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are missing the point here, if Tugay did come to help Kean there would be NO dissent among the crowd No Kean out chants , it would galvanise what's left of the team and maybe stop players wanting to leave, same could be said for Faz but Tugay would be the one to pull things together, the fans, the players and maybe Kean could profit from Tugay 's immense popularity, unfortunately this will not happen cos Venky's and Kean are not that clever to see what could be achieved. :rover: :rover:

Dont believe that , what will happen is , if we continue to lose games the crowd will start singing Tugay's name and calling for him to be manager . Kean knows this and so did Allardyce

As revealed and discussed on BRFCS podcast 20 earlier this week. :)

Maybe so - But I dont listen to them to be honest.

I think the more people with 'Rovers' in their heart, involved with the club, the better.

Get Faz, Tugay, Newell, Hendry in to do the coaching etc.... :brfc:

Tugay, please stay away.

Your legend and memory should always and only be associated with when Blackburn Rovers was a club to be proud of. You are not deserving of the treatment you are likely to receive from the increasingly incompetent chicken farmers.

Secondly, I'm afraid that nostalgia is effecting the rational thought process of many of you. This is the exact same reasoning as thinking that Shearer would be a good manager for us, it is based on nothing more than how wonderful it would be to sing their names again at Ewood. To think that bringing Tugay back would stop players leaving is one of the most laughable things I have ever heard. Am I wrong or do you know something about Tugay's ability to create a solid defense that I don't?

Maybe so - But I dont listen to them to be honest.

I think the more people with 'Rovers' in their heart, involved with the club, the better.

Get Faz, Tugay, Newell, Hendry in to do the coaching etc.... :brfc:

I can tell that you don't listen to them.

If you did, you would go from this...

bush_smiling_2004_11_04_presidents-s410x379-42412.jpg

to this:

angry20bushsi81-380x411.jpg

Secondly, I'm afraid that nostalgia is effecting the rational thought process of many of you. This is the exact same reasoning as thinking that Shearer would be a good manager for us, it is based on nothing more than how wonderful it would be to sing their names again at Ewood. To think that bringing Tugay back would stop players leaving is one of the most laughable things I have ever heard. Am I wrong or do you know something about Tugay's ability to create a solid defense that I don't?

Exactly.

Tugay, please stay away.

Your legend and memory should always and only be associated with when Blackburn Rovers was a club to be proud of. You are not deserving of the treatment you are likely to receive from the increasingly incompetent chicken farmers.

Spot on! :tu:

In a nutshell: Right name just the wrong time..

Do not underestimate how much the players at Ewood love Tugay. Seriously he is the main man when he is around, he is such a top bloke and a good guy to have around.

He would lift the players in a big way! And also 'some' of the supporters.

Do not underestimate how much the players at Ewood love Tugay. Seriously he is the main man when he is around, he is such a top bloke and a good guy to have around.

Why not get the 94/95 title winning side down for a few days a week just to "lift the players".

The club is suffering from gross mismanagement from top to bottom.

It would be like putting a plaster over a cannon blast wound Hughesy.

Whilst Kean is manager there is very little Tugay could do.

Agreed. Just cannot see it happening. I think somebody has put hum forward. But who?

Didn't Jensen leave because Kean can't delegate? Clement grabbed the first chance to be offski to a club with prospects.

Being Kean's assistant seems to be a job which offers no satisfaction as SK appears not to know how to get the best from his assistants. Tugay or Faz are very experienced pros with a lot to offer. Can you see either of them keeping their mouth shut and being a SK yes man, especially when he has shown himself to be totally inexperienced as a man manager and out of his depth in all other departments? Seems like a lose/lose situation for anyone coming into that job as we are relegation bound; come and learn about how to fail. What positive experience would an assistant gain which will help them step up to a manager's job in their own right? People learn what's best from the best.

On an optimistic note, Venky's lawyers might have had the sense to insert a "we can terminate the manager's contract without a big payoff if relegated" clause into SK's new contract which would leave the field open for a new management team to rebuild. Wishful thinking, but any business would put some clause into a senior manager's contract to allow dismissal for non-performance. Being highly successful in their other commercial ventures, I can't see Venky's lawyers omitting such a basic clause.....or did SK's agent have a lot to do with the contract? If so, we are stuck with him. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"More of my happy pills please Nurse."

The job has Brunskill's name written all over it because he's the cheapest option.

Thankfully this means Tugay's name will not get dragged through the mud by Venky's and Kean while the club is imploding.

get tugay in!

Faz has been on easy street during his spells as assistant. in his rovers assistant days, we never saw much of him. was like his backside was perminantly nailed to his seat.

oh, and ian brunskill, i'm yet to be convinced of his credentials. him coaching paul ince's son seems to have got him in at rovers to begin with :rolleyes: IN MY OPINION.

see here :

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/ReserveNews/0,,10303~1370546,00.html

I hope to god that what I read about this story being false is right.

I would'nt want Tugay anywhere near this pathetic shambles that is our club at the moment.

The man is a legend, I hope he does'nt tarnish his career by working with the worst manager and owners ever.

When this is over no-one will smell of roses and Tugay does'nt deserve that.

I don't believe some of you this would be amazing a proper football in his heyday and could teach a thing or 2 to some of our midfielders about the need to track back and help our defenders and although it might be too little too late for this season it might just galvanise this squad to perform better and obviously although things looks bleak now there is still a chance as we are still in touching distance of the pack and his calming influence in the dressing room can only be good for the team I for one hope this comes off cos it might just save us.

I don't believe some of you this would be amazing a proper football in his heyday and could teach a thing or 2 to some of our midfielders about the need to track back and help our defenders and although it might be too little too late for this season it might just galvanise this squad to perform better and obviously although things looks bleak now there is still a chance as we are still in touching distance of the pack and his calming influence in the dressing room can only be good for the team I for one hope this comes off cos it might just save us.

Can he also teach the art of punctuation?

Archived