BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thought Denly played well today. 

Roy out in the same way again. 

We lack a 3rd seamer after Archer and Broad. We miss Anderson all series. 

for me I would put Root back to 4 and I would personally move him to 3 with Pope at 5 or 6. 

We should be looking Sibley and Crawley to challenge Denly for the opener spot

5 hours ago, matt83 said:

This series has been worth £7.6 million to lancs in ticket sales alone. Presumably the ecb are getting a massive chunk but I’d wager there’s more in 5 days of gate receipts at Lancs than rovers have all season.

With the WC and bumper T20 crowds too, must have been Lancs’ most lucrative summer ever for cricket.

So obviously we need a new franchise called the ‘Manchester Originals’ :glare:

Edited by Mattyblue

13 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Unchanged squad for the last test as they have done so well before.

No surprise there. They were hardly likely to go for wholesale changes with the series still in the balance, besides there are so many players that could de dropped I don't think Smith and Token Taylor and co. would have a clue which ones to go for. You could arguably say 7 places are up for grabs. Buttler, Roy, Bairstow? Root is also a pretty poor captain.

There just aren't any ready replacements out there in this form of the game. Made worse by the scheduling. All players are currently still in T20 mode or not playing at all.

Edited by Husky

This is probably the first time England have been ahead in a game until the last few overs at Lords where got on top without ever having a realistic chance of winning and the miracle at headingley.

If England win this game then the next time there’s an ashes series on these shores they won’t have won a series over here for over 20 years. That’s definitely worth fighting for. 

Mitch Marsh on the bowling honours board at Lords. How embarrassing. Those brothers are dog shit and get dropped all the time, other than against England. One of them, think him, got a double hundred or a “daddy” hundred last time we played down there. He can’t buy a run generally. 

18 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Mitch Marsh on the bowling honours board at Lords. How embarrassing. Those brothers are dog shit and get dropped all the time, other than against England. One of them, think him, got a double hundred or a “daddy” hundred last time we played down there. He can’t buy a run generally. 

Being played at The Oval. 

You mean Shaun Marsh? 

Archer and Curran bowled very well today. 

Have you seem Zac Crawley or Dominic Sibley play? Good enough for test cricket? 

Where do you think Lancashire need to improve squad wise for next season? 

Apparently there was a bit of agro between stokes and Warner with stokes calling him a fucking prick after classically childish Australian sledges about Bristol. Wade and Paine are chirpy buggers as well. Particularly Wade never shuts up. Given neither make any runs, you’d think they’d be quiet.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2019 at 20:21, chaddyrovers said:

Being played at The Oval. 

You mean Shaun Marsh? 

Archer and Curran bowled very well today. 

Have you seem Zac Crawley or Dominic Sibley play? Good enough for test cricket? 

Where do you think Lancashire need to improve squad wise for next season? 

Yeah the oval. Ha.

Never seen either of those play. As far as I’m aware both open but haven’t got great averages. On the one hand that’s worrying with the county championship being so weak but on the other hand they’re doing the bulk of red ball cricket it the spring and autumn so not exactly great to bring on the top order through. Another one always mentioned is Ollie pope who has a first class average of 60. But he’s another number 5/6 and there is obviously a massive step up. 

Lancs, like England, have a weak top order. That’s always a concern. Jennings, Davis, Bohannon and livi have been plenty for div 2 but can they regularly step up in div 1. Onions will probably go but they’ve brought in Luke wood from notts. I think getting Glenn Maxwell back would be decent work. 

• Like 1

Just now, matt83 said:

Yeah the oval. Ha.

Never seen either of those play. As far as I’m aware both open but haven’t got great averages. On the one hand that’s worrying with the county championship being so weak but on the other hand they’re doing the bulk of red ball cricket it the spring and autumn so not exactly great to bring on the top order through. Another one always mentioned is Ollie pope who has a first class average of 60. But he’s another number 5/6 and there is obviously a massive step up. 

Lancs, like England, have a weak top order. That’s always a concern. Jennings, Davis, Bohannon and livi have been plenty for div 2 but can they regularly step up in div 1. Onions will probably go but they’ve brought in Luke wood from notts. I think getting Glenn Maxwell back would be decent work. 

Sibley has 1000 runs this season at average 55 4 days cricket whilst Crawley has 801 at 38. 

We need to find a number 3 from somewhere. Could Ben Stokes do that job? 

Root should go back to 4 for me

Pope should come in for Bairstow for me. And bat 6. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Sibley has 1000 runs this season at average 55 4 days cricket whilst Crawley has 801 at 38. 

We need to find a number 3 from somewhere. Could Ben Stokes do that job? 

Root should go back to 4 for me

Pope should come in for Bairstow for me. And bat 6. 

A very decent season to be fair but Burns was getting big first class runs. In my opinion for what it’s worth I’d be wary about putting stokes at 3. He’d basically be coming in as an opener and I think he’s better once the ball is a bit older.

For me a bairstow is hanging on by a thread. I’d personally go for foakes over him as keeper batsman. Don’t know what he did wrong he had a good tour of Sri Lanka and seemed to be made the fall guy for the West Indies debacle.

Think can afford to play buttler or bairstow just not both as both very hit and miss. Mainly miss unfortunately