BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Do you want me to find other examples of "shameful" Indian time-wasting ? It's pretty easy if you look.

You do keep returning to this and labouring the point about the cheating Indians. If I didn't know better I'd say you were concentrating on them just a little too much for comfort in these enlightened times. :closedeyes:

Prior perhaps. Trott and Pietersen at one point were committed to South Africa's cause when they played youth cricket thereand Trott's case youth international cricket and they didn't move here until they were adults. But let's face it Pietersen is only committed to himself, we all know that. You may call the reference stupid but in the last year Strauss, Compton, Prior, Dernbach, Trott, Meaker, Kieswetter and Pietersen (who all all SA born) have played for England in one form or another which is quite incredible.

Strauss has English parents, moved to England aged six and went to Repton school and Durham university. Compton is the grandson of Denis Compton, moved to England in his teens and went to Harrow school. Prior moved to England aged 11, Trott is of English descent and has played for Warwicks since 2002, Pietersen has an English mother and has been here since he was 19. The others I don't know about. England has strong SA ties owing to colonial past and as such there are bound to be connections. I repeat, calling the England team South Africa A is stupid.

You do keep returning to this and labouring the point about the cheating Indians. If I didn't know better I'd say you were concentrating on them just a little too much for comfort in these enlightened times. :closedeyes:

Response to idiotic criticism of England from an India supporter.

No one particularly but I would like to have seen Aus win this game to keep the series interesting, surely from a cricketing perspective you wanted this as well. I was pleased Pietersen was out because I can't stand the arrogant self absorbed disloyal man.

I never actually call them England or England and Wales, I call them South Africa A instead.

Are you being serious ? You can't beat Australia by enough, often enough. I'd like to have won this series six games out of five. I'd settle for a 4-0 though.

You're a clown

No, clowns are funny.

Are you being serious ? You can't beat Australia by enough, often enough. I'd like to have won this series six games out of five. I'd settle for a 4-0 though.

Yes I am I don't really get all this hate towards the Australians, what have they ever done to us.

Edited by somersetrover

They take pleasure in beating us, which is why it's always good to give them a good hiding.

I don't wish to turn this into a political argument but you know as well as I do that there are a great number of reasons why they like to beat us, just look at how the British treated their ancestors.

just look at how the British treated their ancestors.

Gave them culture, sophistication, rule of law, a sense of self pride and all round know how.

Built schools and provided education, developed manufacturing and hospitals.

Once they were on their feet we left them to it.

Guest Norbert

Yes I am I don't really get all this hate towards the Australians, what have they ever done to us.

I think it's that low, droning whine they produce whether their sports teams are winning or losing. When they're winning it sounds arrogant and full of it, and when they're losing their excuses and moaning is more of a higher pitch. It is like having one of those big mosquitoes in a small room with you. And then there is what is called the Australian question inflection.............

And as for their ancestor, well look at what they did to the native population.

Strauss has English parents, moved to England aged six and went to Repton school and Durham university. Compton is the grandson of Denis Compton, moved to England in his teens and went to Harrow school. Prior moved to England aged 11, Trott is of English descent and has played for Warwicks since 2002, Pietersen has an English mother and has been here since he was 19. The others I don't know about. England has strong SA ties owing to colonial past and as such there are bound to be connections. I repeat, calling the England team South Africa A is stupid.

Response to idiotic criticism of England from an India supporter.

Another hypocrite amongst the England camp it seems. You have a go at me for not supporting England despite being from England. Yet it's okay for the likes of Pietersen, Trott and the majority of your South African born squad, to play for England?

No one particularly but I would like to have seen Aus win this game to keep the series interesting, surely from a cricketing perspective you wanted this as well. I was pleased Pietersen was out because I can't stand the arrogant self absorbed disloyal man.

I never actually call them England or England and Wales, I call them South Africa A instead.

SR I doubt you are even aware of it but you possess a losers mentality.

I bet you were a bit miffed when Dunny scored that late equaliser v Burnley cos it didn't allow them to end 35 years of not beating us.

I don't wish to turn this into a political argument but you know as well as I do that there are a great number of reasons why they like to beat us, just look at how the British treated their ancestors.

Can you expand on that?

Edited by thenodrog

Another hypocrite amongst the England camp it seems. You have a go at me for not supporting England despite being from England. Yet it's okay for the likes of Pietersen, Trott and the majority of your South African born squad, to play for England?

Doesn't matter where they were born - most have raised in this country from an early age, have British parents and have made their homes here. Your stance is idiotic.

My parents were born in India. I am a British Indian. So how is it idiotic?

Not idiotic at all, but Lord Tebbitt made a strong point to qualify your definition of 'British'.

http://barrettsonthisday.anorak.co.uk/uncategorized/1814/tebbit-proposes-cricket-test.html

23 years ago and unfortunately still appears to be relevent today despite many efforts and much hoo ha being made to promote integration.

Edited by thenodrog

So like Strauss etc, you could play for two countries . So your stance that the South African-born players should not be playing for England is idiotic.

Strauss and Co made their choice, as did Bopara and Panesar - which would you choose ?

Not idiotic at all, but Lord Tebbitt made a strong point to qualify your definition of 'British'.

http://barrettsonthisday.anorak.co.uk/uncategorized/1814/tebbit-proposes-cricket-test.html

23 years ago and unfortunately still appears to be relevent today despite many efforts and much hoo ha being made to promote integration.

I don't think Norman Tebbit made a strong point on whatever he was talking about. I'm English my parents and grandparents are English, I have lived in England all my life but I don't support the English cricket team because I don't like them. So am I not 'British'?

SR I doubt you are even aware of it but you possess a losers mentality.

I bet you were a bit miffed when Dunny scored that late equaliser v Burnley cos it didn't allow them to end 35 years of not beating us.

Can you expand on that?

I of course would disagree I don't particularly like either team in this series but I do like cricket so from a cricketing perspective it is better to have the series still up for grabs, instead now we have two meaningless games left.

Read your history, although looking at your signature you probably have a rather distorted view of history.

Edited by somersetrover

If you don't want Pietersen we'll gladly have him LOL

You need to develop some new pacemen. Your attack looks a little threadbare at the moment. If Anderson doesn't fire you've got no-one else capable of running through the top order and getting in the faces of the opposition batsmen.

Broad will never get good enough. What happened to Tremlett?

Based on your fast bowling attack I still think you're better off playing Panesar and preparing dust bowls.

If you don't want Pietersen we'll gladly have him LOL

You need to develop some new pacemen. Your attack looks a little threadbare at the moment. If Anderson doesn't fire you've got no-one else capable of running through the top order and getting in the faces of the opposition batsmen.

Broad will never get good enough. What happened to Tremlett?

Based on your fast bowling attack I still think you're better off playing Panesar and preparing dust bowls.

And which of your mediocre lot are better than Broad ? Tremlett has been injured (yet again) but is back in the squad for Durham.

Thanks for the advice. BTW England are 2-0 up and have retained the Ashes

Sorry pg, can't accept Pietersen at all. The cricket equivalent of a football mercenary. In it for him and nothing else.

And, to the murdoch employee, I'm Australian now, have been for many a year, they are my team, through thick and thin.

I accept that they are off the pace at the moment, but they are on the turn and with a little more luck could well be 2-1 up in this series.

Still I know they'll give everything in the next two tests, because they'll want to be giving it large on their own turf.

And which of your mediocre lot are better than Broad ? Tremlett has been injured (yet again) but is back in the squad for Durham.

Thanks for the advice. BTW England are 2-0 up and have retained the Ashes

In fairness the Aussie's have many better bowlers than Broad, based on bowling Broad should never be the team above Onions or Finn, I believe they pick Broad because he makes runs down the order and not because he is one of the top 3 seamers in the country.

Sorry pg, can't accept Pietersen at all. The cricket equivalent of a football mercenary. In it for him and nothing else.

Absolutely spot on with that analysis, it sums Pietersen up.

Message to the traitor: some would say it is the height of hypocrisy that you see Pietersen as a "mercenary" (in fact he turned his back on SA at 19 because of their "selection" policies and has been living in England for the past decade or so) when you see fit to support a country other than your own.

I stopped reading as soon I read "Conservative politician". No time to read what a scumbag party politician has to say.

• Like 1

Message to the traitor: some would say it is the height of hypocrisy that you see Pietersen as a "mercenary" (in fact he turned his back on SA at 19 because of their "selection" policies and has been living in England for the past decade or so) when you see fit to support a country other than your own.

The selection policies were absolutely the right thing to do in post apartheid SA. So I am traitor am I because I don't like the current England cricket team, despite the fact that I have lived here all my life and paid tax ever since I left school many years ago (two things you could not accuse Pietersen of doing in SA). I call Pietersen a mercenary because he left Notts for Hants for more money, then the way he treated Hants towards the end of his time their was disgusting. He wanted to quit limited over international's so he could go around the world making more money playing T20 until the ECB called his bluff. He is a big cheerleader for the IPL what was it he said the 'English were jealous of it'. All those things plus plenty more are why he is a mercenary.

Edited by somersetrover

So like Strauss etc, you could play for two countries . So your stance that the South African-born players should not be playing for England is idiotic.

Strauss and Co made their choice, as did Bopara and Panesar - which would you choose ?

They made their choice because they weren't good enough for South Africa/India. I didn't make my choice based on which team was better at the time. I supported India because my parents did. Same reason I support Blackburn Rovers.

Big difference.