BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

Maybe it's because I'm American and haven't ever witnessed the racial tension that seems to exist in Blackburn and the surrounding areas, but the whole thing strikes me as both an overreaction and underreaction, depending which side of the spectrum you're on.

Yeah, America is a magical fairy land where racism has just gone away isn't it? The LA riots in '92 and the Cincinnati riots of 2001 never actually happened then? I respect the point you are trying to make Drakefyre, but to pretend the issue of race isn't just as problematic in modern America as it is in the rest of the world is blinkered to say the least.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's because, we all know deep down Yorke was arguably the most talented player in our squad and had he put in even 75% effort would have been one hell of a player for us.

Kevin Davies on the other hand is just a big fat waste of space!!!

ok, a little bit. he was a lazy waster, but we knew that when he signed for us, he was a lazy waster for 3 years previously.

but I can't say 100% for certain that if DY was white that the decibel volume would be exactly as high.

Tristran, I'm fairly certain that you wouldn't have the mental capacity to upset me verbally, as evidenced by the warped logic quoted above. However, make no mistake if you ever verbally abused my wife and kids I'd most certainly knock you out and dance on your head, all with absolute self control.

Please don't address me directly again.

If you don't want people to address you directly then surely the best plan would be either to stick to your username or not post such ridiculous nonsense.

I vote for the former. Much as I may disagree with Tris on many things, there is no call for threats of physical violence against members of this board. If you don't want people to challenge your opinions, don't post. If you can't respond to those challenges without descending into childishness, don't come back.

I fear that we're living in a society now where the law is not applied equally among people of different races.

Black people can go around calling people 'n*ggers', but if a white person does it, then it becomes a crime.

Would the police take seriously a complaint from a white person if he reported that a black guy had called him a 'White b*stard'?

If a white guy uses the term 'Black b*stard' - he faces a fine and even perhaps a possible jail term for the offence.

This is not to condone any racist abuse towards blacks. But it's almost as if racism towards white people is acceptable, whereas any racism directed towards so-called minorities is deemed to be worse.

There has been mass media hysteria regarding the Yorke incident. It has been blown out of proportion.

"MORONS!" screamed the Daily Mirror alongside a picture of fans at Ewood Park.

(The implication from the headline being that Blackburn fans in general are racist morons.)

As well as the Lancashire constabulary, we've had Government ministers joining in with the chorus of condemnation.

I'm sure the five year ban Perryman has recieved won't be enough for some people. There'll be pressure put on Rovers to ban him for life.

To me, a £1000 fine seems harsh in comparison for example to the lenient sentences which are regularly handed out to muggers and those found guilty of violent assault.

Below is a link to an incident in 2001 where an Asian man in Lancashire punched an off duty female police officer in the face. He received just a £50 fine and a £150 compensation bill.

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/lancashi...0/NEWS38ZM.html

Am I alone in thinking that the fine would have been quite a bit heavier if a white man had punched an Asian female in the face? It's almost as if there's one law for blacks and Asians, and another law for whites.

In May earlier this year, three Asians punched a man in Blackburn town centre for no apparent reason. Two of the thugs, who were convicted of assault and causing actual bodily harm, were given fines of just £50.

The other thug, Kashif Mukhtar, was ordered to pay £150 compensation and given a conditional discharge.

A link to this incident is below:

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/lancashi...NEWSBBN7ZM.html

Compare the fines for this violent assault with the £1000 fine Perryman has received for impersonating a monkey.

In today's society it seems that actual physical violence; punching someone in the face - is less of a crime than saying names like 'Black b'stard'.

The downtrodden in our society today are white working class males IMO...

To make a final point in this post about the law not being applied equally: Below is a picture of the gangsta rap group "Gravediggaz".

In their lyrics, this appalling rap group have called for white people to have their throats cut. They say that white people are "devils" and should be shot dead.

user posted image

I look forward to the Lancashire Chief Superintendent calling for this rap group to be prosecuted...

Can't quite see it happening though....

And yet, Panzerfaust records, a white power and hatred label is not being prosecuted either. It signed bands like "Jew Slaughter", whose debut album, "Alcoholocaust" is filled with much more awful things than being called devils.

Juries don't convict police officers beating a black man of police brutality until media pressure has forced many trials (see Rodney King).

These things go both ways.

Although, from watching the news here, if anyone punched a cop in the face, they'd get a jail sentence, no matter if they were white or black or asian.

It's easy to stand on one side of the argument and highlight how 'bad' the other side is.

What about Stephen Lawrence and Safraz Najeeb (that name just popped out of my head from the Bowyer/Woodgate thing, is he called that?)

The reason things are as they are now is because, just like with everything else in this country, everybody finds the best way to deal with any problem is to blame everyone else and highlight how unfairly they are being treated.

How can that be solved?

I don't know

Oh come on AESF, I know you are given to the occasional bout of hyperbole, but do you really think that we, the white male working class, are that put upon? I moved back up to Lancashire four years ago, after living in London for several years, and my experience of living side by side with the asian community in Accrington has been entirely a positive one. At work, at home, out on the town, not a single problem in four years. Asians have made me welcome in their homes, invited me to celebrate Eid with them, helped me intergate myself into this community when I first moved up here and didn't know anyone. The gulf between my own experience of living up here and the nonsense posted on this and many other threads is huge. If some of you have a problem with people of other ethnic backgrounds, have you ever considered that the fault may lie within you, rather than them?

I fear that we're living in a society now where the law is not applied equally among people of different races.....

...blah...prejudice...blah...

blah...racism....blah...

blah....stupidity....blah

Can't quite see it happening though....

I normally don't agree with your posts AESF. I think you tend to sensationalise everything and emulate the tabloids in your style and content. However, I don't think I've ever read anything from you quite so prejudiced and blinkered as this. Just pathetic.

I don't know if the Daily Mail has a message board, but if it has why don't you feck off over to it where you're "message" may be better received.

I fear that we're living in a society now where the law is not applied equally among people of different races.

yes that's correct, and that's because society does not treat people of different races equally

Black people can go around calling people 'n*ggers', but if a white person does it, then it becomes a crime.

correct, but I'm sure you understand that language changes depending on the context or the inference. are you a a smiths fan who's anti euro or are you a fan of the anti-european smiths? I don't get it.

Would the police take seriously a complaint from a white person if he reported that a black guy had called him a 'White b*stard'?

no, would you take it seriously?

If a white guy uses the term 'Black b*stard' - he faces a fine and even perhaps a possible jail term for the offence.

This is not to condone any racist abuse towards blacks. But it's almost as if racism towards white people is acceptable, whereas any racism directed towards so-called minorities is deemed to be worse.

you don't get it don't you? as the dominant race in this country then this "inverse racism" that you are so concerned about has little or no effect on you personally, are you going to be denied opportunities, or your dignity or be chased in the street because of your ethnicity?

Do you feel hard done by in the same way that Shaun WPhilllips feels hard done by? Can you go about your daily routine without having people throw bananas at you?

IMO the research and effort that you have put into digging out old crime reports and then singling out the injustice from the colour of their skin reveal nothing but borderline racism and seething resentment. And way to go for pointing out some obscure lyric from some obscure song from some obscure pop group, that's explosive evidence in proving that the tide is indeed flooding in.

Amazing!

Why can't AESF have his views on here without being abused, it's quite amuseing reading the crap that is forced onto people here. blink.gif

Almost as amusing as your own "hilarious" racially provocative one liners. Black day for white people? Pass the needle and thread nurse, I think my sides have split.

p.s. AESF is well used to copping a bit of flak for his opinions (as are we all), and is perfectly capable of defending himself when he isn't in Daily Mail mode.

I quite enjoy Scotty's match reports, but, whilst retaining a modicum of respect for him, find myself rarely agreeing with any of his other opinions. However, his post stating that Yorke was right to report the incident, and that everything after that was beyond his control and not his fault... I agree with 100%. It really should have been the last word in this thread, and I lament along with others on this thread that there are still who want to flog this thread to death.

Edited by Shaddy

Why if AESF, is wrong and whites are not now seen as the 'oppressed' race in this country did so many normally tolerant, upstanding members of the community vote for the BNP?

Why do people accept that ethnic minorities were/ are repressed but any notion of whites being hard done by is laughed at and seen as racism???

The police, the government, schools infact anyone in the public eye are scared to death of not being PC. They bring in ridiculous acts like banning Christmas cards (Red Cross), and Christmas Carols in schools as they don't want to offend any Minority races, yet this is the main reason for the growing ill feeling towards Asians.

If we are going to eradicate racism, we need the same rules on all sides. We will get nowhere if the police force employed only whites on the colour of there skin, however they are saying if two candidates where equal in all aspects but one was white and one was black they should employ the black candidate.

We need to get rid of the PC brigade and all be allowed to celebrate our own festivals and live our lives as we want

"Burn" is Scottish for River or stream.

"Black" because that was the colour of whatever stream was running through Blackburn in the dark ages.

Hence Blackburn, look it up in the Doomsday Book if you don't believe me (if you buy it sdon't forget the amazon link on the shop page).

That's why there's also a Blackburn in Scotland, no doubt.

I think it's really sad that a number of posters on here seem to be implying that Yorke is in some way to blame, or has in some way encouraged, this incident.

He was racially abused and he reported it. What's wrong with that? It's not his fault that the media went beserk and the lad involved was treated harshly.

Racial abuse should not be tolerated by anyone. It may not be the crime of the century but it is still a crime and the knob who did it deserved to be reported.

he WASNT warming up he was kneeling for 20 minutes!why ?

dont think anyone has said they agreeed with what happened ,just that it could have been avoided.simple as.

"Burn" is Scottish for River or stream.

"Black" because that was the colour of whatever stream was running through Blackburn in the dark ages.

Hence Blackburn, look it up in the Doomsday Book if you don't believe me (if you buy it sdon't forget the amazon link on the shop page).

That's why there's also a Blackburn in Scotland, no doubt.

Bryan

If you check the OS map, you'll find t'River Blakewater flowing 'neath t'streets - hence Blackburn and t'Rovers.

tinykit.gifcool.gif

Edited by MCMC1875

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.