BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

He says the best thing to do with racists is ignore them. 

With all respect to Mo Camara, I think he is being a little naive.

Maybe he should talk to John Barnes and his black predecessors who were subject to 5,000+ making monkey noises and throwing bananas.

Surely the situation wasn't improved by "ignoring it."

It has taken many years of work until football has reached the stage where 2 idiots make the news at Ewood for making monkey noises. It didn't happen by itself.

Mr C:

I know what you're saying, but a slight misrepresentation there. John Barnes has maintained that he'd never react to the cr*p he got because he didn't want to dignify it. He also said being racially abused is like being bitten by a shark, no-one knows how much it really hurts until it happens to them, they only know that it hurts.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why if AESF, is wrong and whites are not now seen as the 'oppressed' race in this country did so many normally tolerant, upstanding members of the community vote for the BNP?

Because they are morons, and gullible, easily led morons at that. If that seems like a sweeping generalisation, well it probably is, but if you vote for the BNP you are a cretin of the highest order. Simple as.

Strange how the most 'liberal' often seem to object most to the workings of a democracy. blink.gif

How does my entirely personal and subjective opinion regarding the mental state of the average BNP supporter constitute an attack on the foundations of democracy TNR? If you think for a second that someone might be swayed from voting BNP (or anyone else) for fear of incurring the "Wrath of Morph", then you are holding me in rather higher regard than you ought to.

ohmy.gifwink.gif

There is a well known saying in England and morph you are full of it . withstupid.gif

Thank you for that baaree, your contributions to this thread have been near Swiftian in their rapier-like subtlety. You are without doubt the finest mind of your generation, keep up the good work. dry.gif

How does my entirely personal and subjective opinion regarding the mental state of the average BNP supporter constitute an attack on the foundations of democracy TNR?

Only because you so obviously and pompously consider your vote and opinion to be worth more than that of other members of the electorate. A dangerous cocktail should enough people of similar persuasion ever acede to positions of power.

How does my entirely personal and subjective opinion regarding the mental state of the average BNP supporter constitute an attack on the foundations of democracy TNR?

Only because you so obviously and pompously consider your vote and opinion to be worth more than that of other members of the electorate. A dangerous cocktail should enough people of similar persuasion ever acede to positions of power.

So what you are saying (if I understand you correctly, which I frequently don't), is that I, as a private citizen with absolutely no power over anyone else and no influence over the electoral process other than my vote, should avoid voicing my opinion on political matters...because it might set a bad example? Is this your approach? If so did I just imagine every single politically oriented post you've ever put on here, or just the ones "pompously" belittling those that disagree with you?

Edited by Morph

If you mean self governing as in their own parliament an so on it is impossible. It is impossible and indefensible to set up a government in the British democratic framework (or that of any 'western' country) on a racial/religious basis. It has just been on Talksport news that a survey by the Guardian found the majority of muslims wanted Suraya law for civil cases in England, so what next? blink.gif

Sharia law I think you mean.

Sharia law indeed .

At the moment the Muslim representatives are merely asking for it to be applied in certain areas . So much for integration into British laws and customs !

Unlike other immigrants (and their descendants ) , with the followers of Islam there will be no integration . Not now , not ever . Only the naive or stupid can fail to see where such "requests" will end . The creation of a self governing state within a state is the ultimate goal . The trouble will come when they stop asking and start demanding .

This government doesn't have the will to resist attacks on our democracy . Hopefully future ones will .

Sharia law I think you mean.

Sharia law indeed .

This government doesn't have the will to resist attacks on our democracy . Hopefully future ones will .

Only because they are morons, and gullible, easily led morons at that. If that seems like a sweeping generalisation, well it probably is, but if you vote for Sharia Law to be instigated in the UK you are a cretin of the highest order. Simple as.

Good grief, I am becoming more pompous by the minute! wink.giftongue.gif

Time for another Geoffrey Howe style pummelling (sp TDI) I fear. sad.gif

Edited by thenodrog

[]

Only because they are morons, and gullible, easily led morons at that. If that seems like a sweeping generalisation, well it probably is, but if you vote for Sharia Law to be instigated in the UK you are a cretin of the highest order. Simple as. wink.gif  tongue.gif

The Drog displaying self-knowledge of the highest order.

Whilst certain individuls are whipping themselves up over this matter, let me point out that:

I have just searched the Guardian web site and have failed to find the article which purports to say that any authoritative body is advocating the introduction of sharia law.

I have visited several Islamic web sites including the Lancashire Council of Mosques and have not found anything advocating the iintroduction of islamic law.

I know of no political party which has the introduction of sharia law in its policies.

The British Council of Muslims most recent public statement includes the following:

"The Islamic faith strongly exhorts its adherents to be a positive influence on their community, both Muslim and non-Muslim, and discourages Muslims from becoming insular and retracted. Furthermore, I would be able to supply you with many examples of practising Muslims with a deep knowledge of their faith who have succeeded in historically closed careers such as investment bankers, solicitors, barristers, academics and medical consultants etc."

What I have found is a deep frustration that Abu Hamza (an Egyptian) has been used as an example of extremism amongst the British Asian population and the fact that the efforts of all the major islamic bodies in the UK to avoid the radicalisation of their young people and initiatives to play a positive role in society in general are being ignored by the mainstream press.

A rough equivalent would be, as an English Protestant Christian, for my views to be represented as the same as some loony creationalist evangelist from America's Deep South.

Different Continent, different (totally opposite) value set, different social context, nominally the same religion.

Edited by philipl

I have just searched the Guardian web site and have failed to find the article which purports to say that any authoritative body is advocating the introduction of sharia law.

HERE is the relevant article that started the debate .

You're correct that none of the political parties currently endorse the introduction of Sharia law but as the growth in the numbers of Muslims grow , so does their political power . The issue will not go away - to pretend it will is only wishing thinking . This is the thin end of the wedge .

On the radio today , one representative of the Muslim community (I'm afraid I can't recall exactly which organisation ) stated that many aspects of Sharia law were compatible with GB law . Well I'm sure there are but what about the rest.....

The problem is who decides on this assumption and where to draw the line . I would suggest that any concessions given would lead to more demands from our Muslim brethren . Seventy years ago certain other non democrats made demands that were not compatible with democratic principles .

Unfortunately appeasement is alive and kicking in GB today . Let's hope the peacekeeping services of your good friend Paddy Pantsdown are never needed here , Philipl.....

On the radio today , one representative of the Muslim community (I'm afraid I can't recall exactly which organisation ) stated that many aspects of Sharia law were compatible with GB law .

Oh good! No need to bother going any further with this preposterous suggestion then is there? mad.gif

But I'll bet the scheming beggers do! In Islamic law it appears that the two most important principles are......

1. Give us an inch and we'll take a yard.

2. Much wants more.

Maybe when countries like Saudia Arabia agree to the ludicrous suggestion of allowing a dual law legal system we will consider it too. Until then any muslim who feels the need to be judged under the Sharia Law can begger off and live where it is accepted. How muslims have the utter cheek to even suggest this is beyond me. They should know their place in this world and stick to it. Lots of people of different religious faiths live quite happily in this country but thats simply not enough for the followers of Islam is it?

Some time ago our resident pinko's ripped into me when I reported a conversation with an Indopak in Nelson. The chap stated that he hoped that Nelson would become the first town in Britain to be controlled under Sharia Law. It's obvious now as we all knew it was then that he is not alone.

Edited by thenodrog

It was alleged that shortly after 9.11 there was a documentry on Nederland television a broadcaster in Holland, they were interviewing muslim elders, and they were asking them why they were leaving Holland to go to England, some of them had been in Holland more than twenty years, they said that the muslim leaders in England wanted them to join them there, and it was their chance of eventualy gaining a self governing muslim comunity in the west! 

Im sure that can easily be substantiated by sending an email to the television studio.

If you mean self governing as in their own parliament an so on it is impossible. It is impossible and indefensible to set up a government in the British democratic framework (or that of any 'western' country) on a racial/religious basis.

I don't think it is as farfetched as people seem to think! unsure.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.