SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong but as I understood it the first part of Tris' post was directed at you, the second part was a general post hence, 'I defy any of you not to react' which was a fair point.  If you choose to take that as a personal challenge then i'd think that says more about you to be honest.  This is a message board and if you can only respond with threats of physical violence then it's a poor show.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable if I take the whole of a post that starts by directly challenging me and twisting my words as a personal attack.

I was asked a rhetorical question and gave a rhetorical answer. Tristran himself implied that the reaction wouldn't be rational, and I agree.

However, whilst the reaction might be irrational the execution of retribution would be clinical.

If you think that protecting your own family, however they may be hurt, is less important than protecting the hurt feelings of a millionaire footballer, then you live in a very very different world from me.

In fact the world where personal humiliation is a far greater moral crime than not caring about the welfare of your own progeny is exactly the kind of world that Mr Yorke lives in.

However, make no mistake if you ever verbally abused my wife and kids I'd most certainly knock you out and dance on your head, all with absolute self control.

My kind o' poster you are buddy thumbs-up.gif

There again I'm a rabid racist bully-boy...

Nice to see another intolerant fascist join us here...

You take the Yids and I'll deal with the Coons...

WELCOME................... ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

@#/?

I fully understand this is a hot topic and everyone will have their personal opinions, politically and moraly.

Debate the subject by all means, in fact a lively debate is what the messageboard is all about and it is encouraged, by the admin and mods, however personal attacks are not tolerated.

We dont want to have to spend our time deleting abuse and sending pm's to members so can you all please cut out the personal attacks.

Why if AESF, is wrong and whites are not now seen as the 'oppressed' race in this country did so many normally tolerant, upstanding members of the community vote for the BNP?

Why do people accept that ethnic minorities were/ are repressed but any notion of whites being hard done by is laughed at and seen as racism???

The police, the government, schools infact anyone in the public eye are scared to death of not being PC. They bring in ridiculous acts like banning Christmas cards (Red Cross), and Christmas Carols in schools as they don't want to offend any Minority races, yet this is the main reason for the growing ill feeling towards Asians.

If we are going to eradicate racism, we need the same rules on all sides. We will get nowhere if the police force employed only whites on the colour of there skin, however they are saying if two candidates where equal in all aspects but one was white and one was black they should employ the black candidate.

We need to get rid of the PC brigade and all be allowed to celebrate our own festivals and live our lives as we want

Jesus, for the last time! how are you being hard done by? has Christmas being ruined for you now that you don't get your cards from the Red Cross anymore?

Have you ever had to experience or had anything comparable to a crowd, whilst standing behind a group of asians in the same england shirt as their own, bellow at the top of their voices "I'd rather be paki than a turk" ? Been on the recieving end of a beating because of where your from by somebody who harbours the same opinions and bitterness like what I'm reading now?

"oh but they get this, get housed there, special treatment.." Just grow up and make your own way in the world without bleating on about how the state won't hold your hand anymore, you are not oppressed, they are.

And if you're voting for the BNP, than you're not a tolerant upstanding person.

Good reply to my post Morph, I can see your points, even though I don't agree.

As for my reply to the quote above........................

Where did I say Christmas was being ruined for me? Unfortunately I've had my time enjoying visiting Santa, singing carols as a kid.

My point is I don't want my kids and future generations to miss out on the things I got so much pleasure out of as a Child. Like Christmas.

I work with a Muslim at work and she was saying she loved to sing hymns at school but they have stopped that as her children's school and she feels it is a shame.

I saw an Asian bloke with his small child in Accrington looking at the Christmas decorations, and his Child loved them.

Why can't everyone enjoy Christmas, that is my point. Why do we need to ban things which no one finds offensive.

As for being on the receiving end of racism, yes I have. My mate had his bike stolen from under his nose by a couple of Asians, thankfully I had my bike and managed to follow them back to his house. My mate got his bike back but got a beating for his troubles. The lad said 'if you go to the police, I'll just tell them you called me black X Y and Z and you'll get into trouble' Unfortunately he probably had a point.

I could give you a few more examples, but I can't be bothered as you will probably just make sweeping accusations again without reading my post dry.gif

I have never voted BNP, but agree with Phil Blue about why some people might. As for bleating about how the state won't hold my hand, i do OK without any help from the state. However, what about all the pensioners being thrown out of their homes due to governement cut backs, what about the millions waiting for NHS treatment, some of whom wait that long they can not be cured when they finally get seen. They could do with help from the state.

However, make no mistake if you ever verbally abused my wife and kids I'd most certainly knock you out and dance on your head, all with absolute self control.

@#/?

Before telling tashor he's a @#/? it might be worthwhile reading some of his other posts - this would give you a flavour of his style. A style that is referred to above.

Everyone:

While I'm at it this is a topic that always raises the level of debate. It would make life simpler if the personal insults that a number of members have made could be stopped. It isn't necessary and defeats your own arguement.

Thanks smile.gif

Maybe OnePost is trying to develop his/her own style ? Maybe "@#/?" is going to become as familair as Tashor's Fleurks, AESF's journalistic styled essays, Abbey's CAPS, Waggy's rover.giftinykit.gif, Sox & Bob's satire, Scotty's sarcasm, Jim's pessasmism and my unqiue spelling/grammar/proofreading.

..... Then again, maybe not. wink.gif

My point is I don't want my kids and future generations to miss out on the things I got so much pleasure out of as a Child. Like Christmas.

Why do we need to ban things which no one finds offensive.

At last somebody else with their feet on the ground

Excellent RR and my feelings entirely.

I keep gettin me Eid mixed up with me Diwalhi and me Chinese New Year!

Think we'd better emigrate chaps....

..... save a seat for me.

tinykit.gifcool.gif

Edited by MCMC1875

???? huh.gif

Christmas seems the same to me, just more commercial (and a month longer than it used to be!). But do let me know if they've banned it cos I'll save a fortune wink.gif

Edited by Tony Diamond Inc

hi!

Where did I say Christmas was being ruined for me? Unfortunately I've had my time enjoying visiting Santa, singing carols as a kid.

I work with a Muslim at work and she was saying she loved to sing hymns at school but they have stopped that as her children's school and she feels it is a shame.

I saw an Asian bloke with his small child in Accrington looking at the Christmas decorations, and his Child loved them.

Why can't everyone enjoy Christmas, that is my point. Why do we need to ban things which no one finds offensive.

nobodies ruining your Christmas!

But ok, I concede that there is too much unnessessary PCness going about

but an ethnic minority person is guaranteed to face discrimination in one form or the other thoughout their lives wheras you will not, they are entitled to a little bit of protection- and that includes having a drunken lout pretending to be a monkey having the book thrown at him.

and very helpful to point out the good muslims that stare at the cristmas lights.

As for being on the receiving end of racism, yes I have. My mate had his bike stolen from under his nose by a couple of Asians, thankfully I had my bike and managed to follow them back to his house. My mate got his bike back but got a beating for his troubles. The lad said 'if you go to the police, I'll just tell them you called me black X Y and Z and you'll get into trouble' Unfortunately he probably had a point.

I don't understand? doesn't that just make you a victim of crime? or are we to now differentiate between asian bicycle thieves and white bicycle theives. But ok if that asian lad was threatening to turn it into a race issue then he was being a nob, but to honestly think that the police will find in your detriment is just symptomatic of this dangerously perpetuated viewpoint that your way of life is in peril. that's not true.

end of the day "working class whites" (if that's not the most inference loaded phrase this side of a BNP recruiting pamhlet) are not being marginalised, not even close. And when people lose this perspective thats how the nasty starts.

As for bleating about how the state won't hold my hand, i do OK without any help from the state. However, what about all the pensioners being thrown out of their homes due to governement cut backs, what about the millions waiting for NHS treatment, some of whom wait that long they can not be cured when they finally get seen. They could do with help from the state.

this is not a race issue.

@#/?

Yes, well done.

You have translated my entire post with one word and got it 100% correct.

HURRAH laugh.gif

@#/?

Before telling tashor he's a @#/? it might be worthwhile reading some of his other posts - this would give you a flavour of his style. A style that is referred to above.

Everyone:

While I'm at it this is a topic that always raises the level of debate. It would make life simpler if the personal insults that a number of members have made could be stopped. It isn't necessary and defeats your own arguement.

Thanks smile.gif

I post a few observations on here about Dwight Yorke being an absolute waste of oxygen as a footballer and a father, and that automatically makes me a racist, a bigot and an intolerant facist.

I didn't start the personal insults, nor will I be turning the other cheek.

Do you think tosher has done me the courtesy of reading, never mind comprehending my posts? Please point out where what I've said automatically labels me with any of the above stigmas.

I'm neither obliged nor wish to read the rest of his posts because from that one post I've made a decision that his observations and style are warped and unamusing.

I was originally asked a rhetorical question, by Tris, about what I'd do and gave a rhetorical answer. If you don't like the rhetorical answer don't rhetorically verbally abuse my wife and kids.

Can't the PC brigade see that the treatment that I've received from them on here is exactly why a SIGNIFICANT proportion are absolutely sick of having the "Kick racism out of football" message rammed down their throats.

It's this obsession with political correctness that for some people only serves to undermine the efforts of those striving for harmony.

Was it necessary for Mr Yorke to insist upon a pressing charges? Couldn't a more positive message have been sent out by meeting with his abuser and offering a joint press release ? Have either he or Steve Bruce exonerated BRFC? Didn't you ever do something while you were drunk that you later regretted? The evidence suggests that Dwight Yorke has.

This is an attempt to help - it's our job around here. Can I just remind the MB of a couple of things for everyone's benefit:

It's always a good idea to try to understand the style of a poster. With members such as tashor it can be a little tricky wink.gif Give folk the benefit of the doubt (something I'm getting better at rolleyes.gif )

Secondly these racism topics do get a little heated. This puts admin in a difficult position. If we close the topic to avoid the rows we are straight back to the censorship arguement, leave it open and things deteriorate.

We like the site to be self-policing and occassionally we have to ask everyone to cut out the jibes, especially so on these topics. This is not aimed at any single individual, please just play nicely.

Thanks

Paul smile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.