BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Javier De Pedro

Anyone got any news on Javi de Pedro? Why is he not even on the bench?

Is he injured or has the penny dropped that signing a fat bloke who has hardly kicked a football since the 2002/03 season was not a very bright idea. Came on a Bosman did someone say? And how much are we paying him? Free? I should coco.

What is the official situation with him?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no official explanation that I'm aware of. What annoys me though is that Morst Gamst Pedersen is keeping him from the first team bench. Hughes should issue a statement to the press to explain just what the blazes is going on.

I also heard, from a bloke in the pub / internet, that we have to pay his former club Real Sociedad, £5 million when he completes three first team appearances and a further £8 million when he reaches 4.5 games.

I don't know what more de Pedro has to do to get a game - if only he could run.

I'm not usually one to speculate but De Pedro dissapeared around the same time Andy Todd re-appeared. There's no way this is just a co-incidence.

Yeah, never see 'em in the same room together do you?

I also heard, from a bloke in the pub / internet, that we have to pay his former club Real Sociedad, £5 million when he completes three first team appearances and a further £8 million when he reaches 4.5 games.

I'm probably setting myself up here - are you serious about that bob?

£5m after 3 games? and a total of £13m? ohmy.gifblink.gifunsure.gif

Look, everyone, the lardy arsed guzzler was OUT OF CONTRACT. That means that, when he came to Blackburn (to learn English and go round to Ivan Campo's house to rustle up some top Spanish nosh) he was no longer a Real Sociedad player.

Talk about the beer talking. You want to change where you drink. he was almost certainly a Burnley 5th columnist.

Anyone got any news on Javi de Pedro? Why is he not even on the bench?

Is he injured or has the penny dropped that signing a fat bloke who has hardly kicked a football since the 2002/03 season was not a very bright idea. Came on a Bosman did someone say? And how much are we paying him? Free? I should coco.

What is the official situation with him?

You mean the man 'with a left foot like a wand'?

Talk about the beer talking. You want to change where you drink. he was almost certainly a Burnley 5th columnist.

Good Heavens!! It was a joke! I made it up! He came on a free, as I already knew and as you've pointed out. A clause in his contract that means we pay £5 million after three games and £8 million after four and a half?!?!? To who? He had no club. No one on earth would believe that (apart from Paul laugh.gif ).

Look - I apologise if people have to read between the lines a bit on some of my posts. If you look back I've actually answered your original question as well. i.e. By all accounts he can't run.

A clause in his contract that means we pay £5 million after three games and £8 million after four and a half?!?!? To who? He had no club.

well if it is true we know who the Mole is in Blackburn, keep you eyes on this fella

After watching last game against Birmingham City, i thought we needed a player with a soft touch in the midfield (i never liked Tugay) to partner with Barry, and although i think Thommo could do a good job, maybe De Pedro hasn't the ideal conditions to play as a winger in England, but his abilities fully fit for a midfield role. If i was Hughes i would try putting him as a Ferguson partner, but there must be something more that keeps him from making first team appearances.

Indeed, every weekend, Spanish newspaper Marca tells the performances of the Spanish playing abroad (mostly in Scotland and England): Xabi Alonso, Luis García, Nacho Novo... but the only news about De Pedro were always the same: didn't make for the first team. And then something changed. There is no mention of him in the "abroad review" anymore, as if he ceased to exist.

After watching last game against Birmingham City, i thought we needed a player with a soft touch in the midfield (i never liked Tugay) to partner with Barry, and although i think Thommo could do a good job, maybe De Pedro hasn't the ideal conditions to play as a winger in England, but his abilities fully fit for a midfield role. If i was Hughes i would try putting him as a Ferguson partner, but there must be something more that keeps him from making first team appearances.

Indeed, every weekend, Spanish newspaper Marca tells the performances of the Spanish playing abroad (mostly in Scotland and England): Xabi Alonso, Luis García, Nacho Novo... but the only news about De Pedro were always the same: didn't make for the first team. And then something changed. There is no mention of him in the "abroad review" anymore, as if he ceased to exist.

It's all making sense now.....

..... De Pedro, Parkes and t'Mole are one and the same!

tinykit.gifcool.gif

Sorry Bob. I must have been out of Blackburn for too long. Went over my head.

But, to get back to the point, amongst all you ear to the ground finger on the trigger types, absolutely no one has any idea what the situation re- de Pedro really is. Seems like another truiumph for the Rovers' highly oiled (and even more highly paid) PR machine. I think they should be obliged to post a weekly up-date on the official website of the current situation of every single squad member. I mean, what with the Parkes fiasco and mystery non-players, they are just taking the ######, aren't they?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.