BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2006

neekoy

I am starting to organise a massive trip for me and my mates over here is Oz to go to Germany for the World Cup. Is anyone going from the board and if you are I would like you local (well more local then me) input, and we can catch up in Hofbrau house for some Mass filled to the brim with weissebier wink.gif

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as Northern Ireland are going to qualify easily wink.gif Ill be there without a doubt biggrin.gif. In all seriousness though I was considering going to the World Cup for the experience of it all so maybe Ill see you there.

Edited by B.R.F.C

Neekoy, just a couple of tips.

Make sure that your travel agent has the tickets for the games you want.

Make sure you have an iron clad price.

Two of my mates were booked for Korea/Japan, only to find the price going up week by week. There were many instances of travel agents not having tickets for games.

Fortunately, they didn't lose any money, but beware the sharks.

Big group of us going over from the states, so far we have one guy who grew up there 30 years ago who might have a place to stay! Going to start an email list for any statesiders who want to go. PM me your email if you want to come along with us. Figure it might be easier to get a house or something if we get enough people.

We're actually planning when we have our kids around this, we are so looking forward to it.

...We're actually planning when we have our kids around this, we are so looking forward to it

I've been telling my two kids who plan 2006 weddings that they need to plan around the WC...but my enthusiasm is a bit dampened by the current labor impass in the US that may even wind up with us not qualifying.

A piece of good news is that my second national team is England, so I'll have a team to care about...and that our US soccer channel will be broadcasting all on England's home qualifiers live.

I'm seriously considering going. I have been looking at the Fifa website and have been looking at the different venues. I've thought about getting an inter-rail card, which would make it easier to travel between games. The chance to see Ireland in the World Cup is too big an oppurtunity to pass up.

rover.gif off all the world cups i have been to mexico was the best,followed by japan,the european one's are usually very poor but affordable.i recommend the site My Webpage it will be updated in feb and has flights,tickets ,hotels and loads off info. tinykit.gif Edited by waggy

How Euro 2004 are passing on the benefits of their experience

Very interesting article highlighting:

The biggest security risk comes from VIPs, sponsors and players' wives,

Hooligans are secondary now they are effectively banned from travelling

The argument over segregation and how the Portuguese overcame UEFA demands for cages

The most damage done to stadiums is by TV crews

The need for a non-computerised "third" back-up plan.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.