SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only can't they afford to buy him, logic says they won't be able to pay him either! BF must be picking up £40k a week at Rovers. Roughly speak £2m per year and he has 2.5 years on his contract = £5m. ohmy.gif

With regard to the rumour about Michael Ball being offered as a makeweight in Rangers offer for Ferguson. PLEASE GOD!! DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN !  Even if Ferguson goes (and I personally do not want him to) we MUST NOT AT ANY PRICE accept that useless piece of apology for a footballer into our Football Club.

My reasons for this opinion? I live in Scotland and see Rangers on the TV every week. I dont know how long exactly Ball has been a Rangers player, but it is quite a few years now and in all that time I cant recall seeing him in the Rangers side more than a handful of times. This is mainly due to his being unavailable by injury for at least 90% of the time he has spent at Rangers, but in the very few games he has played he has been absolute crap as a left back. Rovers simply have not got a player on their books at the moment that could rival him for the title of "worst left back ever seen".

I may also add that Rangers have been trying for the last 3 years to off-load him onto any unwary club they could find using the fact that when he was an Everton  player he was being talked of as a possible England player. That was BEFORE he was injured!

This just isn't true. He spent 18 months out injured after first arriving, yes, but then played virtually every game last season, aquitting himself reasonably well in a crap team. This season he has been out of the side because of a contractual wrangle (now resolved) and the form of Gregory Vignal. Ball hasn't had a significant injury in a very long time.

I still think we've got enough left backs, though.

Edited by Radagast

Ferguson - spoilt brat who's unable or not willing to hack it in the PL.

Sums up the situation well Paul - more succinctly than my long rants....

Suffice to say that I'm totally disgusted with millionaire players on vast wages who spit their dummies out of their prams and use their wives and families as a smokescreen to engineer moves away from their clubs.

Blackburn is not on the other side of the planet to Glasgow. It's about a two and a half hour drive away.

Will Ferguson now come clean and have the balls to admit that he lied last month when he said:

"I'm loving it at Blackburn and, hopefully, I can stay here for a few more years yet. I definitely see my future here. The main thing is that I'm happy and my family is happy. I'm really enjoying it here."

With regard to the rumour about Michael Ball being offered as a makeweight in Rangers offer for Ferguson. PLEASE GOD!! DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN !  Even if Ferguson goes (and I personally do not want him to) we MUST NOT AT ANY PRICE accept that useless piece of apology for a footballer into our Football Club.

My reasons for this opinion? I live in Scotland and see Rangers on the TV every week. I dont know how long exactly Ball has been a Rangers player, but it is quite a few years now and in all that time I cant recall seeing him in the Rangers side more than a handful of times. This is mainly due to his being unavailable by injury for at least 90% of the time he has spent at Rangers, but in the very few games he has played he has been absolute crap as a left back. Rovers simply have not got a player on their books at the moment that could rival him for the title of "worst left back ever seen".

I may also add that Rangers have been trying for the last 3 years to off-load him onto any unwary club they could find using the fact that when he was an Everton  player he was being talked of as a possible England player. That was BEFORE he was injured!

Now here are the facts.

Michael Ball had been plagued by injury regularly following his move to Rangers in August 2001, and as a result, missed all of the 2002-2003 season.

The following term he played forty one matches suggesting that his injury problems were over and did enough to convince many Rangers supporters that he was good enough to make the left back position his own. Unfortunately for the player, Rangers financial problems co-incided with a clause in his contract where Everton would receive a payment of £500,000 when the defender chalked up sixty appearances for the club.

There's no doubt in my mind that having almost been an ever present last season that Michael Ball would be a first team regular this term, but the fact is Rangers could not play him because the cash wasn't there to cover the aforementioned clause inserted by Everton.

You are entitled to your opinion but I doubt whether the majority of Rangers supporters would agree that he's the worst left back they've ever seen.

Michael Ball would be a first team regular this term, but the fact is Rangers could not play him because the cash wasn't there to cover the aforementioned clause inserted by Everton.

Tell me about it, we had just the same situation with Morten Gamst Pedersen, where we had to pay Tromso £250k after 3 matches, and then £50k for every game he came on as a sub...

Really can't understand why people think letting Ferguson go for £4.5m and taking a £2m - £3m hit on him would be "good business". (Did we pay £6.5m or £7.5m?)

The Board are TALKING a good game and adopting the correct stance by insisting he will not leave for a penny less than £6m. Now let's see them back those words up in practice over the next five days.

It should be pretty easy to work out. If he stays, he will have to do something extraordinary in the next few months, until the next transfer window, to hold or increase his current market value.

And the writing is on the wall as far as I am concerned. He's failed to stamp his class on the PL so far, and why would that change. He will be worth much less in a few months time, and will still go anyway.

Might as well get adjusted to life without him sooner rather than later.

Edited by Shaddy

Just done a quick scan of the Glasgow papers- the indications are that Rangers are going to sell the Serbian who cost them £1.2m in the summer to either a German or Russian club and chuck in Michael Ball in the deal for Rovers to try and achieve something to breach "the country mile".

Ricksen will go to the Premiership this summer on a Bosman, Rangers are already fighting to hang onto Klos and as for  Arveladze, I don't know.

For all those Rovers supporters saying we won't get our price, I can only repeat that in these situations, the reluctant selling club doesn't keep the player but it does get its price.

If the price is not met, it keeps the player who leaves later but not to the club who originally bid as the player is usually too angry or loses faith with the bidder for putting him through some weeks of hell and still not being able to secure him.

There is nothing in the Ferguson situation which would suggest that Rovers will lose out TWICE- both on player and price.

Right, enough is enough.

You sir, are an idiot. There, I finally said it. You spout the biggest load of nonsense I've read in my life. You are obsessed with the Ferguson transfer, and now you're making outragous claims regarding Stefan Klos and Fernando Ricksen. Claims about Klos is one thing you don't do son.

You "scanned" the Glasgow papers did you? That'll be the online editions since you come from Malta. I live in the centre of Glasgow, and work in the centre of Glasgow. I buy four papers a day, those being The Daily Record, The Scottish Sun, The Evening Times, and because I'm a snobby Bank worker, The Herald.

Yes, Rangers are trying to offload Dragan Mladenovic (he's "the Serbian" by the way) because he's failed to settle here since his £1.2m move from Red Star Belgrade in the summer. He's finding the style of football too fast for his own personal game, and it's been mutually agreed by Dragan and the Club that he should move on, if anything, for the sake of his international career. He's a cracking player, but British football is not a style easily adopted by all foreigners.

Now, the creme de la creme ... "fighting to hang onto Klos".

Sorry, you are wrong. This is not opinion son, this is fact. Since you're so delighted to "scan" articles from Scotland, why not have a "scan" at this one?

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Fe...~618930,00.html

Let me quote from this eh?

"Stefan is not looking left of right - he is 100 percent a Rangers man. He is only interested in playing for Rangers for the rest of his career".

Did you catch that alright? Good ... give this man a round of applause.

This is merely Stefan reiterating what he told his agent last week. That being, that he does not want to know of ANY interest in him, because the answer to ANY club will be the same: NO.

You may not be aware (wait ... it's you, so you won't be), that Stefan has four children, two of whom were born in Germany and two of them here. His family are extremely settled, and his children enjoy their schooling here. Having met Stefan, oh let me see, at least six times now I think it's safe to say I have a good indication of the kind of guy he is. He's a quiet, professional, family man. You sir, spout some amount of garbage.

Moving swiftly on ...

Fernando Ricksen, yes he might well be moving on to the Premiership in the summer, but he said himself that he would only come South if "one of the big three came in for me, and I know realistically this won't happen". Fernando's view is why be a small fish in a massive pond with the two Cups being your only "realistic target". You probably don't know that his agent is due in Glasgow this week or next to discuss Fernando's new contract, and Fernando himself has confirmed to the official Rangers News that if we bring back Barry, he WILL stay. Who knows, if the Ferguson deal does go through, we could see Ricksen stay. The papers today reported that his agent merely "didn't turn up" for a meeting. Rubbish, the meeting is scheduled for next week sometime, perhaps Murray is waiting on the outcome of the Ferguson saga?

As for Arveladze, he's been leaving since last summer when we announced he would not get a new contract, so this has always been his final season at Ibrox.

Sorry to go on a rant, and if any other members of the board want to have a go at me for this rant at Phil, then feel free to do so. However, I will not have a pompous idiot who thinks he knows it all, make suggestive comments about my Club or it's players and using a sorry excuse like "I scanned the Scottish papers" to do so.

mad.gif

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

How long did that take you to write? Was it really worth the effort? Considering this is a Blackburn Rovers Supporters web-site and most of us don't really give much of a flying sock about your lovely clubs trials and tribulations, apart from when we happen to meet in the transfer market?

Anyway, BBC reporting that Murray is apparently about to make a new bid: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/4203441.stm

Edited by SharrockDownSouth

Wasnt Ferguson once "a 100% Rangers man". Didnt stop him leaving.Now bottling back to you lot. I remember the time he left, when Rangers fans said they never wanted to have him back and he was a judas.He also got booed in his last ever game for Rangers.

Oh how fickle football fans are.

Oh and I must agree with what SharrockDownSouth said about Dado_Prso_9's post.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by greggyk

How long did that take you to write? Was it really worth the effort? Considering this is a Blackburn Rovers Supporters web-site and most of us don't really give much of a flying sock about your lovely clubs trials and tribulations, apart from when we happen to meet in the transfer market?

Anyway, BBC reporting that Murray is apparently about to make a new bid: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/4203441.stm

Took me about 5 minutes, tops.

I will not have people reporting crap about my Club. I've not badmouthed or falsely reported anything to do with Rovers in my time on here.

I expect the same decency in return.

Wasnt Ferguson once "a 100% Rangers man". Didnt stop him leaving.Now bottling back to you lot. I remember the time he left, when Rangers fans said they never wanted to have him back and he was a judas.

99% of Rangers fans have never called Ferguson a "Judus".

Get your facts right before spouting midlead and misinformed sensationalist information around.

Klos will retire as one of the longest serving Rangers goalkeepers. End of story.

Anyway, Ferguson isn't coming home.

Wasnt Ferguson once "a 100% Rangers man". Didnt stop him leaving.Now bottling back to you lot. I remember the time he left, when Rangers fans said they never wanted to have him back and he was a judas.

The post wasn't for you. If it's boring don't read it.

Simple eh?

I will not have people reporting crap about my Club. I've not badmouthed or falsely reported anything to do with Rovers in my time on here.

blah blah blah. More crap. Really mate, there are more important things in life than football.So dont act as if your team are 'the great one' because most people could'nt give a toss about Rangers.(our feeder club-anymore good players that we could have please?)

The post wasn't for you. If it's boring don't read it.

Simple eh?

Well then, my post wasnt for you.While we're at it, my dads bigger than your dad! blink.gif

blah blah blah. More crap. Really mate, there are more important things in life than football.So dont act as if your team are 'the great one' because most people could'nt give a toss about Rangers.(our feeder club-anymore good players that we could have please?)

Information was reported falsely.

I rectified it. If you want me to act like the other Rangers fans who've come here before, then so be it. You're "more crap" begs belief ... for the simple fact, I've not posted any rubbish in my time here.

When was the last time we had a decent barney on here? Must've been Tris and Jim aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago.

Livens the place up I guess. smile.gif

Over to Phil ...

PS: And I do think Ferguson will go before the transfer window. I'm not sure what figure will be haggled but if Jim says so, it's likely to happen.

PPS: On a related subject - does anyone think Bellamy engineered the latest bust-up so that Newcastle would get shot of him, as he had heard that Hughes wants him? You never know ...

Edited by Bryan

I rectified it. If you want me to act like the other Rangers fans who've come here before, then so be it. You're "more crap" begs belief ... for the simple fact, I've not posted any rubbish in my time here.

untill now.

Don't listen to them Dado.

Really give the man more respect. He's giving us good information about a club that is looking to take one of our best players away from us, and so far he hasn't said anything wrong, he's not insulted any of you, so calm down. A bit of banter is fine but a couple of the comments directed towards dado have been quite uncalled for.

For all those Rovers supporters saying we won't get our price, I can only repeat that in these situations, the reluctant selling club doesn't keep the player but it does get its price.

If the price is not met, it keeps the player who leaves later but not to the club who originally bid as the player is usually too angry or loses faith with the bidder for putting him through some weeks of hell and still not being able to secure him.

Well , unfortunately we're not going to get over or even approaching £6m - let alone the silly figure of £8.5 that you were bandying about a few days ago !

Consider also what will happen if Rangers fail to agree on a deal . In that scenario BF will either rot in the reserves whilst still earning big money (if the fans refuse to accept him back ) .

Or , he will come back to play for the first team and , at best , continue to play in his usual mildly effective but uninspiring manner . (It could be argued that he may suddenly turn in some superb performances but for a bloke who has already made it plain he wants to leave , that's very unlikely.)

Either way , at the end of the season , he will still NOT in any way attract bids that approach the silly money that Souness , Williams and co agreed to pay for him in the first place .

I notice that quite a few clubs have already been linked with Bellamy since his spat with Souness . The silence emanating from these clubs when Ferguson's name is mentioned is deafening . It will have the same volume at the end of the season if BF is still here .

The market value and (lack of )interest in BF will be the biggest determining factor in our board's decision to cut their losses and sell .

All we need now is Widebhoy and this board will effectively have been taken over  sad.gif

Mate, I don't think two Gers fans having a civilised conversation is "taking the board over" eh?

Chill! laugh.gif

I was "chilling" ! (Widebhoy's a fellow Ranger and was a decent contributer on here for a while , BTW ) huh.giftinykit.gif

"Stefan is not looking left of right - he is 100 percent a Rangers man. He is only interested in playing for Rangers for the rest of his career".

Doesn't that sound very similar to

"I'm loving it at Blackburn and, hopefully, I can stay here for a few more years yet. I definitely see my future here. The main thing is that I'm happy and my family is happy. I'm really enjoying it here."

Now obviously as you've met Klos and you know he's a Rangers man there's probably a bigger chance that he's actually being sincere. But you should never trust a footballer when he says he's "definitely" doing something wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.