BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

As opposed to febrile message board postings (including our own), the only newspaper coverage I have found is this from Scotland.

Buried in the report about Rangers going after a new keeper to replace the injured Klos are a few comments that Rangers might make another new offer for Ferguson. The comment that Mladonovic is on standby to be makeweight on the deal indicates that somebody has not taken notice that Rovers have said cash only and have already politely refused the offer of Mladonovic.

According to that report, Ferguson was in Scotland yesterday at a family event. I guess the Rangers MB posters who had him at the christening of Viola's nephew might have been more accurate than the much more numerous posters who had Viola replaced by Horner to facilitate a complex three club shuffle.

I hope I am right when I say this doesn't have the feel of an impending deal. Hughes is implacable in saying he does not want Ferguson to leave and there is no sign of the Rovers Board abandonning their manager on this one. I suspect "£6m guarranteed" means what it says.

I was being a bit naughty when I repeated the claim that Viola had been fired.

- Ferguson and Viola are property speculating together as we know from previous Scottish newspaper reports and quotes from Viola,

- Viola would be very exposed to legal action from anyone of Rangers, Rovers and Ferguson or any combination if he had lost control of Ferguson yesterday with nothing resolved.

Tempus fugit on this one today- all Ewood energies are likely to be on Newcatle with telephone calls to/from La Coruna, Lisbon and Istanbul more important than talking to Glasgow.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely he hasn't gone now?

That would leave us with no time to sign anyone and in serious danger of relegation.

Bye bye Barry will be bye bye rovers...  sad.gif

Well its a poor show if we arent prepared for his leaving. We have known it was lilkely most of the month. Also if his moral is low his performance, such as they were, may not ne any good anyway.

We are in a v poor state if losing a playing like Ferguson leads us to relgation (and if Hughes, the board and co felt the same as you, they wouldnt be selling him) .

Edited by streakyb

Dream senario, we sell ferguson, use the money to buy Bellamy while we get Scott Parker on loan for the rest of the season.

If we can't get bellamy then we should make an 11 hr bid for Parker, who knows we might get him... wink.gif

(and also getting this Sokota lad, not sure about him but he cant be worse than what we already got)

Edited by krislu

Dream senario, ....while we get Scott Parker on loan for the rest of the season.

....then we should make a 11 hr bid for Parker, who knows we might get him... wink.gif

Isnt Parker still injured? broken foot and all.Sure Chelsea will love for us to pay for him through his rehabiltation and get him ready for them for next season.

we get Scott Parker on loan for the rest of the season.

If we can't get bellamy then we should make a 11 hr bid for Parker, who knows we might get him... wink.gif )

Yeah.. we really need to replace Ferguson with a player injured for a good few weeks.

Parker is going nowhere in this window.

Dream senario, ....while we get Scott Parker on loan for the rest of the season.

....then we should make a 11 hr bid for Parker, who knows we might get him... wink.gif

Isnt Parker still injured? broken foot and all.Sure Chelsea will love for us to pay for him through his rehabiltation and get him ready for them for next season.

Didn't know that.. biggrin.gif

Guest Kamy100

Radio Five Live report that Rangers have made a 3rd bid for Ferguson, their understanding is that this is still short of Rovers valuation, however at the moment the bid has not been accepted or rejected.

If the Gers MBs are to be believed, Radio Scotland has just reported that Rangers' third offer has been rejected as "miles away" from what Rovers wanted.

On the basis of having gone up by £500K increments thus far, Rangers will still be beneath the £5m offered by Everton this morning.

However, nothing on the newswires at present.

We are dealing with amateurs, as well as a cry-baby.

John Williams must be tearing his hair out. I wonder whether the 6m figure is cast in stone? Rangers obviously want him desperately otherwise they wouldn't have come in for him three times. But really, these joke bids take the pish.

But really, these joke bids take the pish.

We have no idea whther the current bid is

a) a real

or

b ) a joke bid

All total speculation and not a single media source reporting any defintive news on this.

The real joke bid was 7.5 mil for him in the first place, how Rangers must have laughed. wink.gif

Edited by streakyb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.