SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Other Internationals

australia will probably line up as

Schwarzer

Neill--Moore--Popovic--Vidmar

Bresciano--Grella--Tiatto

Emerton--Agostino--Culina

im looking forward to seeing cluina, 11 goals this season in the dutch league, hopefully he can kickstart his international career and become the longer term partner for viduka.

my prediction

SAF 3 - 2 AUS

Benni McCarthy to run riot over poopovic, and that ajax player to score aswell.

culina and bresciano to score for aus

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm off to South Korea - Kuwait in the first game of the second stage of Asian WC qualifiers.

Japan-North Korea should be fascinating. NK haven't played abroad too much for the past decade so nobody knows much about them but everyone just assumed they were crap. But there has been a new footballing regime, set up inevitably by Kim Jong-il.

Reports are the North Koreans are looking good and the players have been offered cars, cash and houses if they beat the hated Japanese.Most people in the south will be delighted if they do.

Bahrain - Iran should also be a goody as Bahrain put paid to Iran's chances of automatic qualification for 2002- amid lots and lots of bad feeling.

We won. but not easy.

Cheers , SK

And there's more Rovers in Mediterranean tonight. Encks is going start in our game against Cyprus. However, we are playing seriously weakened team, starting with strikers who play in Lyn (Norway) and Vaduz(Liechtenstein,Swiss 2nd division biggrin.gif ) so not very glamorous but at least Encks is gonna have a little action for change.

And there's more Rovers in Mediterranean tonight. Encks is going start in our game against Cyprus. However, we are playing seriously weakened team, starting with strikers who play in Lyn (Norway) and Vaduz(Liechtenstein,Swiss 2nd division biggrin.gif ) so not very glamorous but at least Encks is gonna have a little action for change.

A Finn talking down on the Norwegian PL? You make me laugh!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

American...

Can you name the odds of that ever happening?????

He always seems to be named as a possible eventual manager for England, so I wouldn't rule it out.

To actually answer, I'd have to put it at about 7-1.

Edited by American

And there's more Rovers in Mediterranean tonight. Encks is going start in our game against Cyprus. However, we are playing seriously weakened team, starting with strikers who play in Lyn (Norway) and Vaduz(Liechtenstein,Swiss 2nd division  biggrin.gif ) so not very glamorous but at least Encks is gonna have a little action for change.

A Finn talking down on the Norwegian PL? You make me laugh!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Well, it is a Lyn player, it really says it all..

A Finn talking down on the Norwegian PL? You make me laugh!!! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Don't know much about the Norwegian PL, but the Finnish players who are there are hardly international super talents so I think I have a right to have a slight doubt about the overall quality of the league wink.gif

Btw Enckelman played 45 mins and let in one own goal ohmy.gif In the end we won 2-1.

Quote from coach Sigi Schmid during online commentary on the US/Trinidad qualifier match today:

Schmid: One of major reasons for Trinidad's not having success today is the complete non-factor of Dwight Yorke, which came from a combination of the U.S. doing a good job defensively and Dwight not being very active.

Malta to upset Norway.

FORZA MALTI!!

Good one mate! laugh.giflaugh.gif

I'll reckon 3-0 to Norway would be enough of a upset

MGP likely to start on the left, but would not be playing a full 90 minutes

3-0 Riise laugh.gif

Good guess at the score tongue.gif The MFA needs total restructure.

Took a while for you guys to get the goals though. How did MGP play?

Well, I'm off to South Korea - Kuwait in the first game of the second stage of Asian WC qualifiers.

Japan-North Korea should be fascinating. NK haven't played abroad too much for the past decade so nobody knows much about them but everyone just assumed they were crap. But there has been a new footballing regime, set up inevitably by Kim Jong-il.

Reports are the North Koreans are looking good and the players have been offered cars, cash and houses if they beat the hated Japanese.Most people in the south will be delighted if they do.

Bahrain - Iran should also be a goody as Bahrain put paid to Iran's chances of automatic qualification for 2002- amid lots and lots of bad feeling.

We won. but not easy.

Cheers , SK

Fair play to the Japanese for applauding the NK national anthem and the North Koreans for giving them such a tough game. With a better goalkeeper the North would have a chance of qualfiying.

Don't know why Zico didn't start with Nakamura and Takahara. I know he wants to play J-League players but why leave two of your best players on the bench when their replacements are inferior?

Still, he threw them on pretty quick when NK equalised.

A comfortable win for Korea on such a cold night in Seoul. A lovely volleyed goal by Lee Dong-gook was the highlight. Kuwait were crap, don't know how they managed to beat China and the Saudis recently.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.