BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Other Internationals

Wasn't that Valencia guy linked with a move to us years ago? I'll see if I can dig out a link.

344862[/snapback]

Yes, he was. If you are going to watch the game I would keep an eye on Valencia, Braaten and Carew. Braaten IMO has the potential to become one of the best players in Europe, but he has some attitude problems that might get in the way of his development..

Scotland have a decent squad dont they? Fletcher, Ferguson, McFadden and Miller are all good players..

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he was. If you are going to watch the game I would keep an eye on Valencia, Braaten and Carew. Braaten IMO has the potential to become one of the best players in Europe, but he has some attitude problems that might get in the way of his development..

344869[/snapback]

I don't know why everyone is still raving about what a talent Braaten is. He is 23 years old now and it's time to deliver. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but he should be at least a first team regular at Rosenborg by now.

I don't understand how Valencia can be in and Kvisvik doesn't get a look in, even after all the suspensions.

344902[/snapback]

Thats your heart speaking not your brain mate. Kvisvik doesn't have anything to offer on this level Im afraid. He is way to slow both on and off the ball. Valencia on the other hand, can be very very good on his day, as he really can take the defenders on with real pace and technique...

I beg to differ, Valencia to me is far to inconsistant to be playing at this level. And he hasn't got that touch of class that MGP has to "save a crap game" like he did on Saturday.

I think Kvisvik has the class to be a very good player on international level. He is one of the best technical players in our league right now. His first touch is excellent, his vision is superb and his delivery is good. He's also very handy infront of goal. He should be in the squad.

His attacking qualities are great, I agree. But defensively, he's just not good enough. Against good opponents we will struggle with a luxury player like Kvisvik, and also; he hasn't really showed his attacking skills as much as needed for Norway.

There IS a gap between Tippeliga and International football.

I don't think Valencia is consistant enough just yet either, but he's the best option down the right flank, far better than Solli anyway.

Watch out for Carew, Grindheim and if he plays like against Slovenia: Braaten.

As for Scotland, I think it will be a tough game. It will be interesting to see how Grindheim and Hæstad (I don't see a single reason why Andresen should play instead of them after the last game!) can handle Ferguson..

Edited by herbergeehh

Quite looking forward to Wednesday's game. Since Walter Smith took over there's been a wave of optimism and having watched the Scot-Italy game, we're playing much much better, and a draw against the Italians is pretty darn good. I reckon we'd have got stuffed if the German numpty was still in charge. Although I don't think we'll qualify this time, left things a bit too late, it'll all be about the Euro 2008 qualifers.

Quite looking forward to Wednesday's game. Since Walter Smith took over there's been a wave of optimism and having watched the Scot-Italy game, we're playing much much better, and a draw against the Italians is pretty darn good. I reckon we'd have got stuffed if the German numpty was still in charge. Although I don't think we'll qualify this time, left things a bit too late, it'll all be about the Euro 2008 qualifers.

345103[/snapback]

who will play in your midfield?

ours will be:

Riise - Andresen - Grindheim - Valencia

Edited by krislu

The team hasn't been presented to us yet, and not to the players either, according to Nettavisen.

I don't want Andresen instead of Hæstad, but it does not look unlikely.

But as said, nothing is official, Hæstad might start alongside Grindheim, or alongside Andresen for that matter. (disgrace if Grindheim get dropped, but you never know.)

EDIT: And Gally has just scored for Scotland u21 against Norway.

Edited by herbergeehh

who will play in your midfield?

ours will be:

Riise - Andresen - Grindheim - Valencia

345105[/snapback]

Injury permitting:

(left to right)

Quashie - Ferguson - Fletcher - Hartley

If there is one thing we can be thankful to Vogts for it is for turning up a few decent players like Quashie and Graham Alexander (and yes, I do mean that).

Injury permitting:

(left to right)

If there is one thing we can be thankful to Vogts for it is for turning up a few decent players like Quashie and Graham Alexander (and yes, I do mean that).

345320[/snapback]

Graham Alexander, ex Scunthorpe Utd?

Injury permitting:

(left to right)

345320[/snapback]

Here is a video of your lot in the street of Oslo, http://www.vg.no/video/videoplayer/player.hbs?id=1652 Click on the link on the top right "skottene har startet festen" (The video will start after the short commercial)

Looks like they are having fun, but clearly it's the beer speaking regarding their match prediction.. laugh.gif

Edited by krislu

Scotland are totally outplaying us at the moment. Basically, our management are idiots. They've not taken Scotland seriously at all and we are not in a position where we can allow ourselves to underestimate anyone. They have also fielded one of the worst midfields I have seen play for Norway in a good long time. Grindheim is the only one who comes away from that first half with any credit. They are playing people out of position, one of them cost us the first goal by not knowing how to play right back. Instead of playing Braathen who had a great game in Slovenia, they decide to play Egil Østenstad, who to his credit has had a good season in Norway, but he's retiring in 2-3 months and he hasn't played for Norway for 6 years. That's no accident. And I wonder when Hareide will start to understand that Martin Andresen isn't fit and hasn't been all season.

What a shambles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.