BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Other Internationals

Thats your heart speaking not your brain mate. Kvisvik doesn't have anything to offer on this level Im afraid. He is way to slow both on and off the ball. Valencia on the other hand, can be very very good on his day, as he really can take the defenders on with real pace and technique...

344905[/snapback]

So Valencia eh?

Pace and technique eh?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Valencia eh?

Pace and technique eh?

345397[/snapback]

In all fairness, everyone played rubbish the first half, and Valencia was far from the worst. Østenstad had the worst performance I've ever seen, along side Riise. What a joke!

You still have a fair chance, and I wouldn't be suprised if you win against us on wednesday. We seem to be taking the game as something that should be an easy win, and I'm afraid it will backfire on us.

344836[/snapback]

At least I was spot on as usual with my match preview! Just a shame I didn't put any money on it as the bookies gave 6/1 for a Scotland win.

Missed Mgp, he would have made all the difference!  rover.gif

Btw, gally scored again for the scot u21, thats 2 in 2 for the on loan stoke man. Good to see imo! tinykit.gif

345436[/snapback]

Aye it is, but technically one of them wont count. Dunno if it has been mentioned on here on not, but Scotland's u21's 2-2 draw, has now been awarded as a 3-0 win to Italy as Scotland fielded a player who was menna be suspended.

I went to the Malta v Croatia game and had a fantastic time.

Hugely enjoyable even though two of the worst players I have ever seen in internationals were playing. At least Malta subbed the chubby little Ken Scicluna of Birkirkara FC at half time but what the Croatian coach thought he was doing giving Dada Prso of Rangers FC a full 90 minutes I don't know.

Pretty even throughout, Croatia took a first half lead and looked likely to romp to a cricket score the way they started in the second half but Prso's unstinting and uncanny ability to conceed throw ins from headers and shots inside the box in front of goal always kept the plucky Maltese in it.

With Dimech of Chester City Reserves, Said of Sliema and Ciantar of Floriana clearly several levels above the quality of defender Prso regularly faces in the SPL, Croatia were wrapped up by the part-time Maltese defenders. After 60 minutes and still only 1-0 down Malta began to fancy it and started playing Ole keep ball. 75 minutes and a magnificent 30 yard free kick blast ripped into the Croatian net and the Maltese celebrations were in full swing. The last five minutes saw two great scoring chances for both teams squandered whilst Kovak collected a second yellow but unlike D'Urso, the fourth official drew the attention of the ref to the fact he'd forgotten the red.

Absolutely great entertainment and what a cheer greeted the draw. The Croatian fans in the West Stand started pelting anyone who moved with cushions which added to the hilarity and Croatia are in danger of going into the draw with England for not-good-enough runners up after Ibrahamovich grabbed a 90th minute win in Hungary.

This is an injury-hit version of the Malta I saw ibrahimovich score 4 in a Swedish 7-0 humiliation twelve months ago. Croatia blew it.

...and did I mention that Prso is a seriously bad player?

Aye it is, but technically one of them wont count. Dunno if it has been mentioned on here on not, but Scotland's u21's 2-2 draw, has now been awarded as a 3-0 win to Italy as Scotland fielded a player who was menna be suspended.

345442[/snapback]

Yeah, totally shambolic situation. How no one from the manager, his assistants, the admin workers and the player himbloodyself noticed the suspension is just ridiculous. A very fine performance counts for nothing.

On a positive note:

Woohoo! Great result, and now we (Scottish folks) can get our hopes up only to have them dashed at the last and cry injustice.

Its all good. cool.gif

Anyone know why MGP was not even on the Norwegian subs bench?

Is he likely to be ruled out of Sunday's game?

Still smiling to myself at how a Malta team which would struggle against Accy Stanley (seriously) managed to massively dent a woeful Croatia's WC qualifying chances last night.

Huge shame Maltese composure went when they had three wide open opportunities to grab the winner in the last ten minutes. A shot from inside the box went a yard over the bar when something low and hard would surely have embarassed the 6' 6" keeper. Then, twice, if only the inside right had spotted inside left onside and in acres of space with a clear run 30 yards from goal - all it needed was a half way decent chipped pass over the ball watching Croat defenders.

I still cannot believe how bad Prso was. Even chubby little Ken Scicluna- no way is that guy an athlete/footballer (whose three sliced/fall over the ball interventions in his own box each time came within inches of being comic own goal of the season)- put two succesful tackles in on Prso.

Edited by philipl

Germany beat South Afrika 4-2 last night with the youngster Podolski hitting a hat trick. Can't wait to see this boy transfer to Bayern, which WILL happen soon enough, we've been lacking a decent German striker for years. Hopefully he will be something to watch in the WM.

Mokoena played the full game for the Africans, McCarthy came on in about the 30th and scored. Podolski and Schweinsteiger were immense, and it appears that our midfield is a class above even Englands, if Podolski keeps his game up we may be an outside bet next summer. Although we need to find a keeper, badly. Too many almost good enough German keepers atm. This weeks kicker features Olly Bierhoff discussing the pros and cons of Kahn and Lehmann, and I can't help but laugh at it all. Get Hildebrand in for the France match, the face of the future. Even Adler would do...

• 1 month later...

Ireland beat Cyprus 1-0. But boy were we poor. Man of the match Shay Given, penalty save and all. Steven Reid came on around minute 70.

Looks like France will top of the group with the Ireland Vs Switzerland game on Wednesday a play-off play-off as it were.

Ireland beat Cyprus 1-0. But boy were we poor. Man of the match Shay Given, penalty save and all. Steven Reid came on around minute 70.

Looks like France will top of the group with the Ireland Vs Switzerland game on Wednesday a play-off play-off as it were.

352206[/snapback]

Can Ireland catch Israel in second? They beat the Faroe Islands 2-1 and are four points in front of Ireland

Edited by Cookiemonster

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.