BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

I thought Marsh's contract had ended.

Either way, he's highly thought of in cricketing circles as he's just been appointed to a position coaching international umpires and coaches.

pg, let's get rid of the Billy Bowdens who only umpire for their own quirky reasons.

I have to admit that there is a lot of pressure on them, showing replays, slow mo's etc. but some of the gaffs in this series have been woeful.

345519[/snapback]

Hasn't he joined the SACA setup?

http://www.cricketsa.com.au/NewsDetail.aspx?p=78&id=282

A great addition to the South Australia set up.

Edited by SouthAussieRover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man who has turned around the fortunes of the England team over the past five years is Duncan Fletcher.  Marsh's contract is ending soon and many are glad to see the back of him.

The umpiring in the series has been very good. A few decisions have gone England's way but that makes a very rare change.

345510[/snapback]

You tosser.

Mind you Fletcher is from Zimbabwe?

How did the world power of football do last night Dawky?

At the moment, England look as they are playing for a draw. The worst possible thing they could do.

At the start of the innings they played the way they had done in the previous tests. They are undoing the great start by playing negatively.

Warney is bowling well, but not that well to give them the wobblies.

Nerves, perhaps?

At the moment, England look as they are playing for a draw. The worst possible thing they could do.

At the start of the innings they played the way they had done in the previous tests. They are undoing the great start by playing negatively.

Warney is bowling well, but not that well to give them the wobblies.

Nerves, perhaps?

345591[/snapback]

It's got nothing to do with playing for a draw. They're just digging in and trying to rebuild the innings.

Warne has bowled absolutely brilliantly today - as good as I can remember seeing him given the pitch and the state of the game. England are just trying to play sensibly and not give their wickets away.

No matter what happens in this match you have to wonder what the Aussies will do when Warne retires because there's no-one else troubling England at the moment.

I will bow to your greater knowledge of cricket and the intimate connections you have with the England dressing room.

If you took the time to think about what I said, you would understand that England are NOT playing their usual (winning) game.

Warne is playing his usual game, he's not doing much different from any other game, it's the English approach that's really getting the wickets. e.g. Pieterson, Vaughn. On that same track on another day, he'd have been flogged all over the park.

Finally, you worry about the Aussies when Warne does retire, not before.

I will bow to your greater knowledge of cricket and the intimate connections you have with the England dressing room.

If you took the time to think about what I said, you would understand that England are NOT playing their usual (winning) game.

Warne is playing his usual game, he's not doing much different from any other game, it's the English approach that's really getting the wickets. e.g. Pieterson, Vaughn. On that same track on another day, he'd have been flogged all over the park.

345594[/snapback]

Sorry Dave but Warnie is playing exceptionally well.

It's supposedly a flat track wicket, he's bowling an attacking line and he's even pulled the googly out of the drawer, which must have hurt given all the surgery that he's had.

However I do agree that England are playing a more defensive minded approach.

Strauss is going well though.

the way the game has gone so far has it tath we got off to a good start but warney pegged us back and now between straussy and fred we have steadied the ship. warney knows he won't get too much turn on a first day oval pitch, so he is using guile and experiance to get the wickets...which fair play have worked. it must be a worry for ponting though with the other bowlers all going for almost 50 runs apeice. that is apart from katich.

345594[/snapback]

Well, if you don't mind me saying so Dave, that's @#/?. biggrin.gif

Warne was bowling out of his skin with a newish ball on a flat pitch without any footmarks. Pietersen and Vaughan both got out playing daft shots - not defending.

Flintoff and Strauss are currently playing extremely sensibly and have put on 80-odd together. They've shown the way to do it.

Judging by yourself and that prize muppet Neekoy it's clear the Aussies are rattled. Not that you're an Aussie like.

Well, if you don't mind me saying so Dave, that's @#/?.  biggrin.gif

Warne was bowling out of his skin with a newish ball on a flat pitch without any footmarks.  Pietersen and Vaughan both got out playing daft shots - not defending.

Flintoff and Strauss are currently playing extremely sensibly and have put on 80-odd together.  They've shown the way to do it.

Judging by yourself and that prize muppet Neekoy it's clear the Aussies are rattled.  Not that you're an Aussie like.

345606[/snapback]

Pick that out for a reply!

What's so special about that DMF?

A few of us have been saying similar things.

Now what does your cricketing brain have to say about the sessions so far? huh.gif  rolleyes.gif

345610[/snapback]

Laughing more at him having a do at the non-aussie. Personally im only watching the ashes cos i spent 6 months in same house as a typical aussie - gobbie as f@ck. So.... I cant wait to see his face when we win (hopefully)

Apart from that, any aussie bashing is welcomed by me

gobbie as f@ck.

Of course you are not like that at all wink.gif

Reasonable progress made in the second session, Aussies will be happier with the first one, and the next 90 minutes could dictate what type of game we will be getting.

Of course you are not like that at all wink.gif

Reasonable progress made in the second session, Aussies will be happier with the first one, and the next 90 minutes could dictate what type of game we will be getting.

345616[/snapback]

Fair comment, but not as much as that Aussie you know who I am on about

The key now is having Giles and Hoggard dig in and allow Jones to just keep the run-rate ticking.

Collingwood failed to improve the batting side of things but I'm sure we'll see what he can do with the ball and (especially) in the field.

If the match is going to end in a draw then we need another fifty in this innings (from Jones) and two centuries in the second innings. To win we'll have to skittle over the Aussie top-order fairly sharpish so that they can't build a platform for a big first innings.

I'd say it's 60-40 in favour of the Aussies at the end of day one.

P.S. Neekoy is hilarious.

I worry that unless we bat a long time tomorrow and add another 100 (best case scenario) then we dont have enough runs. We will struggle to skittle the Aussies as easily as we have done because we have lost Jones, Hoggy will struggle with no help from the conditions and Giles is never a big wicket taker, especially not first innings.

Amazing how the match last night has dented the country's confidence! We haven't seen the Aussies bat yet on the pitch and as far as I'm concerned if they caused us problems we can do like wise!

It the end of day 1! Far too early to say who has the advantage, for me its still as it was at the start of play 50-50

There's no doubt it was the Aussies day today. After winning the toss England will have been looking to score 450-500 on that wicket and virtually secure the Ashes after one innings.

The Aussies looked a lot sharper in the field today than they have recently, they took some good catches and made some good stops, but it was really a one man show. Shane Warne bowled magnificently and fully deserved all his success today. The lack of back-up in the Aussie bowling though was startling and offers what I'd have thought, from an Australian perspective, must be a pretty frightening glimpse into what their attack could be like in a couple of years.

After saying all that, Freddie's partnership with Strauss means that England will at least post something competitive tomorrow. Obviously, if the tail can hang around for a while in the morning, that total will become more and more competitive.

I feel that England really need a first innings lead though as Warne will be even harder to play in the second innings. Which means that we'll have to bowl extremely well. Harmison could be our trump card. he's not really had a pitch to suit him all summer but this one seems to be right up his street. We'll need him to be at his best tomorrow.

Have faith in the King of Spain,

Also Harmy's due a 50 this series

And the wicket looks like it'll really really suit Harmy and Flintoff's pace, power and bounce

That being said I quite expect the first 4 aussie batsman to hit a ton each declare on 560 for 6 and then bowl us out for 30

winning the ashes and Warne instanlty deified by the gratefull rock crushing public - and to be honest you cant begrudge him - unless your a certain bitter ex - times sports makerupper (journalist)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.