BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brisa Agenda

Paul

For those who are interested/planning to attend here is the agenda for Thursday night:

1) Introduction & Apologies

2) Membership Summary

3) Financial Summary

4) Review of meeting with BRFC - 03/11/05

4.1: Review how it went

4.2: Discuss how we are going to work with the club in the future

4.3: Assign committee members to be club contacts

4.4: Agree topic for next club meeting e.g. attendances

4.5: Discuss how we are going to get the maximum input from the membership and general support regarding this topic

4.6 Assign committee member to coordinate responses

5) Membership Communication

5.1: Finalising the membership packs.

- Agree final contents

- Assign someone to send the packs out

- Confirm when they will be ready

- Estimated cost?

5.2: Newsletter.

- Agree content

- Assign committee members to produce it

- Agree on how often will we produce it

- Discuss how we are going to produce it e.g. printing method, photocopying etc

- Estimated cost?

5.3: Website.

- Discuss ideas for additional content

- Assign committee members to update the site

- Forums (moderation, setup, maintenance)

- Possible merge with BRFCS - good idea or bad?

5.4: Non-internet members.

- How do we update them?

6) Supporters Groups

6.1: Discuss how we can maximise our links with Ewood Blues

6.2: Discuss how we can incorporate other existing supporters associations into BRISA

6.3: Discuss how we encourage people to setup their own groups

6.4: Assign specific committee members to deal with this area

7) Football Supporters Federation (FSF)

7.1: Are we going to join?

7.2: If yes to the above, then assign FSF reps

8 ) Fund Raising Fund

8.1: Discuss possible fund-raising methods (e.g. sponsorship)

8.2: Assign specific committee members to deal with this area

9) Any Other Business

10) Next Meeting Date

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of points about the agenda:

1. Thursday is primarily a business meeting centred on BRISA's organisation. The boring stuff committee's have to deal with

2. We know there are issues people have raised which are not on the agenda. These have not been forgotten, we have to prioritise if we are to make progress. Suggestions are not forgotten or ignored.

3. We have the impression quite a few people are planning to attend. Excellent news, If you are planning to attend please post in here so we can warn the Waters Edge to get more staff in. They are only expecting 15.

Just to add to Paul's post above, we are due to meet with the club in January to discuss a topic(s) of our choosing. This topic will almost certainly be attendances.

Between now and then we will need as much input as possible from as many Rovers fans as possible. Any ideas, suggestions, discussion points, complaints, moans etc regarding attendances should be directed to BRISA so that we can take as much information as possible into the meeting.

At the next BRISA meeting after Thursday (i.e. the December one - date yet to be confirmed) we will be looking to sort through all the information we've received, prioritise it, and then determine the best way to present it to the club.

So, even though the above agenda does not include a section where we will be discussing attendances, rest assured that we will be at our next meeting in December and that all the suggestions and ideas that have been made so far have been noted and will be discussed then.

Mention a signing section like Arsenal are planning at their new stadium.

Cheap - or even free seats for kids under the age of say 7.

Young adult season tickets could maybe be improved. Rather than 16-21year ols how about 16-23, that way it gives them 2 years longer to get decent paid jobs in order to pay full adult price.

How about improving our supporters clubs around the country, increasing membership and trying to get them to more games.

Mention a signing section like Arsenal are planning at their new stadium.

Cheap - or even free seats for kids under the age of say 7.

Young adult season tickets could maybe be improved. Rather than 16-21year ols how about 16-23, that way it gives them 2 years longer to get decent paid jobs in order to pay full adult price.

How about improving our supporters clubs around the country, increasing membership and trying to get them to more games.

360943[/snapback]

Hughesy, you would be better to contact BRISA directly with your suggestions, they're likely to get lost on this thread.

contact BRISA

A BRISA messageboard on this forum would be useful. smile.gif

360954[/snapback]

There is a BRISA messageboard available for members at www.roversisa.co.uk

We are currently using a number of mediums to communicate with fans as we launch, with brfcs being one of them.

Very Secret Sevenish.  blink.gif

And the fans forum is criticised for lack of transparency.  smile.gif

361015[/snapback]

I dont get you Rev,

Full minutes of every meeting, open/committee and with the club published on the internet. Publication of Agenda's for future meetings on a number of websites.

Full public access to who is/has been involved, what their remit is, contact details etc

No restriction on who can contribute ideas and input to the decision making process

The rationale behind having it "members only" only came about after various options were discussed - including; making it visible to all but only granting members the ability to post, giving anyone the ability to post (including anonymous posters) we decided to see how it went initially and respond to any feedback we received in due course. The jury is well and truly still out on what format (if any) it will take in the long term.

Firstly let me say that I very much hope to be there on Thursday night and to join up. If for any reason I can't make it I'll join immediately afterwards anyway.

However rightly or wrongly I'm afraid the impression that is coming over quite strongly at the moment is that BRISA will be representative of the views of the membership who have stumped up their fiver and that only representations from that section of the fans will be given any credence.

However rightly or wrongly I'm afraid the impression that is coming over quite strongly at the moment is that BRISA will be representative of the views of the membership who have stumped up their fiver and that only representations from that section of the fans will be given any credence.

361026[/snapback]

Anyone can come to our meetings and pass on their views. Anyone can read the BRISA forum. Anyone can read the minutes of all our meetings. Anyone can either e-mail us their views or post them to us - we even hope to have a phone line soon where people can leave a message. All views will be given an equal amount of credence.

We've also said, in response to similar criticism from EiT, that we will be actively trying to gain the views of non-members in the future. Quite how we do this hasn't been decided yet but we will be trying.

Seriously Rev, what more can we do? I genuinely want to know.

Edited by Scotty

I've been told that non-members can't read the BRISA forums at the moment.  No idea if that's true but, if it is, that wasn't our intention and I'm sure the various techies we have will be trying to sort it out asap.

361039[/snapback]

Yup it appears you have to be a member and log in to be able to read the forum.

Yup it appears you have to be a member and log in to be able to read the forum.

361041[/snapback]

This was debated long and hard. For some of us bitter experience on brfcs.com suggested a Forum in which only paid up members could post was the better starting point. The intention is it should be read only for guests and I think that it currently isn't is a simple error. I don't have Admin authority on the BRISA site so I can't fix it. If I could it would be done already.

The reason for members only posting is simple:

- we don't want to moderate the forum

- we don't want discussion on football matches, refs etc

- when the issues surrounding ethnic support arise we don't want the usual situation to arise

- the belief is those who bother to sign up will be self-policing

Firstly let me say that I very much hope to be there on Thursday night and to join up. If for any reason I can't make it I'll join immediately afterwards anyway.

361026[/snapback]

Good I hope you do Rev.

When I first replied to this I had a real good rant, hit the wrong key and logged out by mistake! Probably a good thing. smile.gif

If this is truely the impression BRISA needs some objective criticism. There are some very practical reasons for needing membership:

- we can't keep funding BRISA from our own pockets, as we have for a year

- JW/TF ask how many does BRISA represent? err......welll...um.....'bout 12 isn't going to sound too clever

- nationally the more active fans affiliated to organisations such as FSF the better

- BRISA would like to develop supporters groups around the country/overseas. This is seen as a crucial social aspect of BRISA, the more the merrier

Beyond the above whether one is a member or not is irrelevant. BRISA will be ready to represent any view, from any fan. Personally I'm ready to represent views I don't agree with or see no point in. For example I don't want to stand but I understand for many this is crucial. I'm happy to take that as an important issue BRISA should back at a local and national level. I have severe doubts it will ever change. However thousands around the UK want a change and BRISA must back that - in my opinion.

As for openness and inclusion we've published everything to everyone through every media outlet available to BRISA. Everyone is invited to the committee meetings etc. I would be delighted to receive a similar invitation to attend the next Fans Forum. I have no idea what the FF does, who represents ME or what is said on MY behalf? The FF makes no public effort to understand the support while BRISA is busting a gut to do so.

Sorry to sound agressive Simon, I just believe in BRISA and know how we have agonised over trying to get things in the correct perspective. It's disappointing some cannot see or believe what BRISA is saying. There are no secrets, everyone is equal.

Well none members can read the BRISA Forum now.

361070[/snapback]

No problem with any of the above Paul, just didn't see the rationale behind a secret messageboard for BRISA members.

I will see if we can get you along to a Fans Forum meeting. Shouldn't be a problem as far as I can see.

Incidentally when you said in a previous post the club have agreed to meet bi monthly. Meet who? The Committee?

Making it rather similar to errrrr..................the Fans Forum! smile.gifwink.gif

Making it rather similar to errrrr..................the Fans Forum!  smile.gif  wink.gif

361210[/snapback]

Except that by keeping things open fans actually know whats going on with BRISA. Even members of the FF don't know what the hell is happening with it at the moment.

No problem with any of the above Paul, just didn't see the rationale behind a secret messageboard for BRISA members.

I will see if we can get you along to a Fans Forum meeting. Shouldn't be a problem as far as I can see.

Incidentally when you said in a previous post the club have agreed to meet bi monthly. Meet who? The Committee?

Making it rather similar to errrrr..................the Fans Forum!  smile.gif  wink.gif

361210[/snapback]

Is there any hope after 6 years of seeing minutes or a MB in relation to the FF.?

Or will it remain a select gathering?

361210[/snapback]

The Fans Forum meet bi monthly?

The fans forum are an open and representative body for the fans?

I really struggle to find any similarities, from an outsiders perspective the fans forum seems really to be a special club, example being..

"oh yes, weve seen the new kit, but we cant tell you"

and BRISA is secret squirrel?

There is naturally a place for both organisations, but there are few comparisons to be drawn (in my humble opinion naturally).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.