BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup Final, Zidane thinks its Over

philipl

But this is only happening cause it was Zidane involved.

In a normal case, no one would care.

It happens in sports!

I mean, if it wasn't a racist insult (and callin someone a terrorist is not racist), would it make a diference?

What a load!

This post is the exact reason why we can't eradicate racism in our sport, because there are people who just don't get it, monkey calls are just part of the game?

Think maybe he took offence because of the Algerian war of independence?

It's like calling WW2 veteran a war criminal, or a vietnam vet a baby killer, would you do either? and how would you react if someone called your father that?

The retaliation was disgraceful but if the claim is correct at least I can go somewhere to understanding

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't. No way could he grow up where he did without hearing that sort of stuff and it always happens on the sports field. Must add that the player has denied it, so this is all conjecture. Nothing can make me understand what he did and I have to agree that most of this sympathy is because it is Zidane.

No excuse for what Zidane did, he fully deserves a ban for violent conduct.

However materazzi should recieve a stiff ban too and a warning as to his future in the game.

Why? As I said the only reason he is getting in trouble is because Zidane reacted, we don't even know what he said.

Why? As I said the only reason he is getting in trouble is because Zidane reacted, we don't even know what he said.

With the use of video evidence we should.

The FIFA frequently claims that it wants racism to be put out of the game so cleary, if it is proved that Materrazi used a racist insult, the Italian player has to be punished.

Not really sure why you have a problem with that?

The FIFA frequently claims that it wants racism to be put out of the game so cleary, if it is proved that Materrazi used a racist insult, the Italian player has to be punished.

Agreed. And to the point of the comment being racist being denied made by Eddie. An investigation does not assume guilt. If it is found to be a none raceist jibe just "your s*** and we are going to thrash you" (yeah ok its going to be worst than that but to make the point) then he should not be punished. But if it is a racist comment he should recieve a ban.

Exactly, and maybe that his why he did react.

Because if he didn't he knew that nothing would be doneabout it. Now FIFA cannot fail to act.

How noble, maybe we should offer him a knighthood or something.

I have a problem with the fact that there is any sympathy towards a player who does something as violent and unjustified as that on a football pitch. I personally have a huge problem with headbutts, I think they are disgusting, whether in street fights of anywhere else, so to see a player do something that low in a world cup final and to have anyone saying it was justified or that they can somewhat understand it I simply can't stand. L'Equipe is the only publication here in France not still praising the man, it is disgusting. We can't only punish them because someone reacts, it is part of sport and always will be, anyone who thinks they can change that is foolish. Add to that the fact that we will never know what he said. Materazzi has denied it and lip reading is far from fool proof, with varying interpretations of what has gone on. Sad that this violent act is being at all justified.

5 papers each hired lip readers. They all came up with different interpretations.

How noble, maybe we should offer him a knighthood or something.

I have a problem with the fact that there is any sympathy towards a player who does something as violent and unjustified as that on a football pitch. I personally have a huge problem with headbutts, I think they are disgusting, whether in street fights of anywhere else, so to see a player do something that low in a world cup final and to have anyone saying it was justified or that they can somewhat understand it I simply can't stand. L'Equipe is the only publication here in France not still praising the man, it is disgusting. We can't only punish them because someone reacts, it is part of sport and always will be, anyone who thinks they can change that is foolish. Add to that the fact that we will never know what he said. Materazzi has denied it and lip reading is far from fool proof, with varying interpretations of what has gone on. Sad that this violent act is being at all justified.

Note to self:

If I insult somebody's religion/family so much that they lash out at me, then its ok.

Edited by BuckyRover

Note to self:

If you think Zidane hasn't given as much as he has taken on the football pitch then you are living with your eyes shut. Getting under someone's skin is part of sport, always will be. Some of it is funny, some of it is nasty, it will always be there.

There was a speech before the England V Portugal game by both the captains about how racism is abhorrent and should be abolished from the sport.

And yet we have now all decided that it is part of the game.

Niceone.

I have seen Zidane lash out before, but I haven't seen him get so angry over something being said to him. That's why I believe it must have been quite serious.

If not, then forget everything I have said.

I have seen him lash out before, I have no idea whether what was said to him played any part in it as this is the first time we have been stupid enough to attempt to justify an idiotic and violent act. I have no doubt that 4/5 or more of violent fouls have to do with what has been said or some prior act.

I have seen him lash out before, I have no idea whether what was said to him played any part in it as this is the first time we have been stupid enough to attempt to justify an idiotic and violent act. I have no doubt that 4/5 or more of violent fouls have to do with what has been said or some prior act.

It doesn't mean that it's ok and acceptable though does it.

Diving is happens in every game but that's not acceptable.

Fffing and Blinding, yeah obviously that is acceptable. But I don't think its ok to be ultra-personal and say things with the sole aim of making the player react.

People say this happens at Sunday league level, would a player at Sunday league level know that the oppositions star player's mother was ill, and that he was calling her everyday, and then would he call him the "son of a terrorist whore".

As I said before this could all turn out to be crap, but there is no harm in investigating and trying to find out what was said. Materazzi might admit to it.

I just think there are certain ways to deal with things and that to ban players because he said something that got a reaction is not a way to get rid of it, not is it actually particularly fair given the fact that he may turn out to be the only player in history to ever recieve such a punishment. Zidane committed the great offense, but as things stand Materazzi will be punished more.

Since Sunday evening the whole World has been debating what Italian

defender Marco Materazzi said to Zinedine Zidane to make the

retiring

Frenchman react in the way he did. The French captain, in his last

ever

professional game, thrust his head into Materezzi's chest in

Sunday's

World Cup Final resulting in a red card and shame for Zidane. Today,

with the help of Italian lip-reader Arturo Belladini, we can reveal

what

drove Zidane to self destruct;

Materazzi was seen to hold Zidane's shirt on the edge of the penalty

box

in extra-time at which point Zidane said

"if you want my shirt so bad you can have it"

Materazzi responded

"I dont want your shirt you m***** f*****. you're a f****** old man"

As they jog away Zidane is seen to laugh at this and it is unclear

how

he responded due to him having his back to the TV camera

Materazzi then hit a volley of abuse

"you should've quit 2 years ago, you're a f****** has-been"

"m***** f*****! your mum is a f****** muslim terrorist and you are

to,

f*** you old man f*** you"

"old man, this arena is not for you anymore m***** f****. Your

sister is

a whore and the whole Italian team has f***** her"

"f*** off you bald c*nt"

Zidane carries on jogging away

"you are only good enough to play for Tottenham Hotspur"

It's at this very point Zidane turned and head-butted him

Fffing and Blinding, yeah obviously that is acceptable. But I don't think its ok to be ultra-personal and say things with the sole aim of making the player react.

People say this happens at Sunday league level, would a player at Sunday league level know that the oppositions star player's mother was ill, and that he was calling her everyday, and then would he call him the "son of a terrorist whore".

(FROM Bucky Rover)

I agree with Bucky on this one . What ZZ should have done , though , was to take a leaf out of Roy Keane's book , wait a long time ........and then exact his revenge . Off the pitch if necessary . Words do justifyingly invite physical retribution sometimes .

Edited by blue phil

This is an exact transcript of what happened:

Materazzi was seen to hold Zidane's shirt on the edge of the penalty box in extra-time at which point Zidane said: "If you want my shirt so bad you can have it"

Materazzi: "I dont want your shirt you m***** ******. you're a ******* old man"

As they jog away Zidane is seen to laugh at this and it is unclear how he responded due to him having his back to the TV camera. Materazzi then hit a volley of abuse: "You should've quit 2 years ago, you're a ******* has-been. M***** ******! Your mum is a f****** muslim terrorist and you are to, **** you old man **** you. old man, this arena is not for you anymore m***** f****. Your sister is a whore and the whole Italian team has ****** her. **** off you bald ****.

Zidane carries on jogging away..

Materazzi: "You are only good enough for Tottenham Hotspur"

It's at this point Zidane turned and head-butted him.

:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.