BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Signs !

does anyone have any videos of him scoring goals?

sorry - mistake with the keyboard!! I'm saying we need to wait and see how they turn out. I'm lookign forwrad to seeing them play as much as everyone else!

I could have scored the goals that Kuqi did last year!

Well then your an idiot.

You could have been a professional footballer but instead your typing on a messageboard.

I feel for you.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MH bought kuqi and there is no way you will ever convince me he is worthy of a place in a side challenging for Europe.

i suggest you take a look at the 2005/6 dvd. kuqi won rovers atleast 12pts, with vital goals. without them we wouldnt have finished 6th.

A couple of songs for benni!

Oh Benni is a magician

He wears a magic hat

And when he went to rovers he said I fancy that

He didn’t sign for Ev-er–ton

Or west ham coz there sh!te

He signed for Blackburn rovers

Coz there fookin dynamite!

To the tune of the Viera song.

To be sung at West Ham, Everton, Bolton, Pompey etc.

McCarthy Wooohoaa

McCarthy Wooohoaa

He never signed for you

Coz you’re a load of poo

i suggest you take a look at the 2005/6 dvd. kuqi won rovers atleast 12pts, with vital goals. without them we wouldnt have finished 6th.

you're right - we would probably have finished 4th with a decent strike partner for bellers

you're right - we would probably have finished 4th with a decent strike partner for bellers

i wasnt discussing another strike partner. i was responding specifically to your idiotic comment---

MH bought kuqi and there is no way you will ever convince me he is worthy of a place in a side challenging for Europe.

I have to say I'm not entirely won over by this signing. His record seems to show that, goals-wise, he's a very erratic player. Last season he barely scored at all, and I feel we need somebody guaranteed to bag us more. Then again, perhaps his heart wasn't in at as much last year after his transfer fell through, or maybe he was trying to engineer himself into an affordable position. Hope it comes off though. I'd love to see us try and snap up Saviola too (partly funded by letting Kuqi go perhaps), then I'd be extremely confident about next year.

i wasnt discussing another strike partner. i was responding specifically to your idiotic comment---

Andy C was therefore right, Kuqi can;t get a place in the Blackburn team, the best we can hope for is sometimess if we a desperate he may come on and score another 6 yard goal off his shoulder haha

Saviola? The guy who plays up front for Argentina...?

Hmmm, I don't see us getting him somehow.

And yet, Bolton are still in talks with Barca about him. If they can get him, and we can't, I'm very, very confused. Of the options he seems to have, if we were in there, we'd be well in with a shout. And the fee mentioned seemed to have dropped to £2 million, which is a really low fee for a really good player.

Incidentally, his reported options at the moment are notloB and staying at Barca, where he's not really in the pecking order at the moment, behind Guily, Eto'o, Ronaldihno, Messi, and probably Gudjohnsen. That's quite the list to be trying to climb, although Barca say that they'll be happy to take them on their pre-season tour.

Worth enquiring about, I tell you. And that would give us amazing depth of squad in the attacking positions (although it means that Shefki will probably go. I'll make that sacrifice.)

Bolton Evening News link

From the article:

"The 24-year-old striker's agent, Alfredo Cabrera Brizuela, who confirmed Wanderers' interest a fortnight ago, is understood to have been in Bolton for the last two days."

Edited by daren

benni looks to be a class act from the very little which i have seen of him and all of the information which i have heard about him. but he is getting old and i thought 4 years on a contract is one year too long.

he is a big name and we should be proud that we can attarct someone of his stature even if it is a year late. BUT we still need more, there are only 2 places in the team which i would think that we dont need any strengthening at all, goalkeeper and left midfield. everywhere else, you could argue needs at least another new face. i understand that this will not happen and i am happy to accept it but to really have a go next season on all fronts we need 2 new players, there are many combinations of these aswell,

LB +RB- maybe probably the safe option, just in case

RB+CM-this i feel is the most likely option with the RB most likely to be able to play on the wing as well- agathe??

CM+CF- the popular choice especially if the CM has some flair, but if they have this then is there any need for another striker?

lots to think about for MH, this spending summer is by no means over....

Kuqi gives 100% and aslong as he does that then i am happy for him to play for us. If he gives everything then he will always be another option for us.

Remeber 1 important thing. Mark Hughes was a striker of the top class and he will know better than anyone who the right type of strikers are to sign. Therefore i predict our strikeforce will be a big hit next season

Very pleased with this. I was in the camp that had Benni as top choice for last summer, so to get him a year later for a massively reduced fee is great business.

That's exactly what I have been thinking.

Mido would have been a better header of the ball, but this is the best "heading" front line that we have had for a long while.

I think that we can discern something crucial from this fact: that we need an out-and-out right winger to supply our new strikers with crosses. Using Emerton or Reid on the right didn't hurt us as much last year because Bellamy and Dickov weren't likely to win a lot of headers in the box... but with McCarthy and Roberts, I think it's absolutely imperative that we bring in someone who can play to their strengths.

Additionally, the loss of Bellamy means that we're crying out for more creative spark in midfield, because for all of McCarthy and Roberts' strengths, creating opportunities out of nothing (a la Bellamy) is not among them.

resulting to insults shows you've got no comeback.

my judgement on strikers ? alright then.... give me examples.

apologies if you felt that was an insult. just a bit of fun that's all!

in anycase - 'idiotic comment' - did you not hurl the first insult?!

as for no comeback - we disagree thats all! i've never rated Kuqi and never will. You obviosuly do and I'm hardly going to change your mind. So might as well just leave it be!

Kuqi gives 100% and aslong as he does that then i am happy for him to play for us. If he gives everything then he will always be another option for us.

Remeber 1 important thing. Mark Hughes was a striker of the top class and he will know better than anyone who the right type of strikers are to sign. Therefore i predict our strikeforce will be a big hit next season

ashley ward always gave 100%

ashley ward always gave 100%

Ashley Ward didn't come on a free transfer from a first division club and score 8 goals in his first season in the premiership, mainly from the bench i might add!

Granted Kuqi isnt the best player...but he was a good signing given the position that rovers found themselves in at that point, and his goals justified that.

I'd still keep hold of him purely because he can do a job and he is cheap.

Benni is a good signing and will bolster the squad.

4th Next Season? I think we will have to be more realistic and hope for a good 10-5 position for next season.

Aim for 4th settle for 10th-5th.

Just don't expect the same as last season.

P.S. Lets get Petrov into the squad and then we will have good attacking midfielder who can create chances. Tugay will have to be replaced sooner rather than later.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.