SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pes 6

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, how does that look any better than previous versions? Especially from footage taken from a unsteady person on a camcorder who keeps zooming in and out.

Do you not think the graphics are allot better?

(Apart from the drunk camra man) do you not think everything looks smoother when the players are moving rather than looking like an oil tanker turning?

Anyway, no arguments from me mate I just think it looks better

That is shocking news for the PS3. I know it's hardly going to dent the amount of people who buy it but that's a bit of a kick in the teeth for Sony.

Very suprised at EA though. They usually don't care about exclusivity as they are all about sales and they know Fifa sells. I wonder if they have been having development problems (like with Smackdown Vs Raw) and decided it was better to sign with MS rather than slip a date-able game into 2007.

Both PES6 and Fifa 07 are exclusive to the 360:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=144964

You can preorder FIFA 07 for the PS2 & PS3 so this can't have happened! You can also pre-order pro evolution for the ps2

Edited by laughatthedingles

That is shocking news for the PS3. I know it's hardly going to dent the amount of people who buy it but that's a bit of a kick in the teeth for Sony.

Very suprised at EA though. They usually don't care about exclusivity as they are all about sales and they know Fifa sells. I wonder if they have been having development problems (like with Smackdown Vs Raw) and decided it was better to sign with MS rather than slip a date-able game into 2007.

I'm not sure its that much of a surprise tbqh, more taking some easy money before releasing PES7 for them when both consoles actually have some potential sales.

Those pre-order sites have got it wrong. This news was announced officially by Microsoft at their conference yesterday:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66878

also, if you look at the official EA Fifa 07 site link you can see logo's for every single platform except PS3.

B)-->

QUOTE(ste b @ Aug 24 2006, 10:23 ) 438320[/snapback]

I'm not sure its that much of a surprise tbqh, more taking some easy money before releasing PES7 for them when both consoles actually have some potential sales.

Kind of what I meant by them deciding to sign with Microsoft. In their eyes, why not if PS3 is not going to be readily available and they can cut down on development costs whilst making money from MS at the same time.

I'm just amazed that Sony are letting this happen. They will have no major football titles until at least this time next year (** expect to see "Fifa: road to the next money spinner" released on PS3 as a stop gap in the new year)

As always i'll end up buying both Fifa and PES and i cannot wait to finally get a decent football game for my 360 as Fifa World Cup 2006 is the best one on the 360 and thats only because its the only one if you make an exception to Fifa Road to World Cup.

ok but its still definitely coming out on the PS2 in October. Amazon have got footie manager down for an october release date too-I swear the developers said it wouldn't be out until Christmas?

It will come out on PS2, just not on the PS3.

Just to clear up the will it won't it be released: Exerpt from Gamespot

GC 2006: Pro Evo and FIFA Not so Exclusive?

Konami to Microsoft: "BALLS!!!"

by Tal Blevins

August 26, 2006 - Seems like there's a little confusion floating around the world about at least one of the announcements Microsoft made at the German Games Convention this week.

In their GC press conference in Leipzig that we attended, Microsoft specifically announced that the next iterations of Pro Evolution Soccer and FIFA would only be available on the Xbox 360 for the next 12 months. Given that their press conference was held on August 23, 2006, you would assume that means you would mean Xbox 360 had Pro Evo and FIFA exclusively through August 23, 2007.

However, shortly after the press conference, Konami denied that there was a 12-month exclusivity deal in place for the Pro Evolution series.

We interviewed Pro Evolution Soccer producer Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka today and he told us that next-gen version of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 would be exclusive to the Xbox 360 through the end of the year, but not for 12 months. He also confirmed that a PlayStation 3 version of the game was already being worked on, and would most likely be released in spring or summer of next year, although no specific release date had been confirmed as of yet.

Seabass also made it clear that the current-gen versions -- PC, PS2, DS, PSP -- will all still be coming out at the same time as the Xbox 360 version.

Konami Japan went so far as to release this statement (translated) to explain the situation:

"There are some articles (or some statements which could lead to the misunderstanding) at some websites and other sources stating that Konami's soccer game Pro Evolution Soccer 6 will be released as an exclusive Xbox 360 title. However, this is not true. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is being developed for multiple platforms so that many consumers will be able to enjoy it."

According to what we've heard from EA representatives at the show, the FIFA deal seems to be similar, and there could be a much shorter window of exclusivity than what Microsoft originally announced.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.