BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Four Thousand Goals

Worst goal we have conceded in recent times has to be the Nicolaus Jensen goal after Big Brad had scored from the corner, that were gutting and it made a lot of us think we were heading down the table even further at that point, until Steady boy pretty much saved us.

Claus Jensen. Nic Jensen was a different player who set up McBride's at Ewood last season IIRC.

I could have sworn we got spanked 5-1 that season, didn't it snow and the infamous orange ball was brouht into play. I'll hold my hands up if i am wrong, it may have been the season before but i remember anelka scoring for them as well with Bergkamp scoring as well and Gallacher scoring for us.

It was 2-1 in the relegation season with Anelka and Petit for Arsenal and Johnson for us

It was the season before the 4-1 with Alan Fettis in the net. You were right with the scorers, Parlour 2, Bergkamp and Anelka. Three down in fifteen minutes we were with Fettis looking like he couldn't save anything, even kicks away from backpasses got cheered that day

1989..the 3rd Crystal Palace goal with all their fans round the pitch and us lot stuck in the corner.

Worse than any relegation,worse even than the Cantona pen after Berg's sending off(totally wrongly) versus Man U in 1990s.

It was so bad...all 3... that any Rovers supporter who went in any quiz always says it was the lowest point.

Still sick thinking about it..27 years later!!

Hate to disappoint - but it's only 17 years!!!! It'll probably hurt forever though. Apparently I tried to run over someone on a pedestrian crossing on the way home ... but that's just urban myth that I totally deny. But it WAS bad!!!

What about Jamie Redknapp's free kick at Anfield? For about 20 seconds our dreams had been completely shattered. And then ...

Trelleborg's equaliser just after Shearer had "put us through". Will never forget the local Trelleborg "character" in the main stand who decided to pick me up (brave man) and hug me to celebrate!!!

not an own goal as such, but does anyone remember when liverpool beat us 3-0 at home (i think, i was quite young) when Mcmanaman scored, after inexplainably darren peacock belted the ball in the corner at mid-riff height towards john filan, so he had to pull off a good save which Macca jusyt belted in the rebound?!

o hang on there is an explanation. It was Darren Peacock :angry:

The worst goal I ever saw against us was scored by Joseph Desiree Job (that's probably spelled wrongly) for Boro at the Riverside, I forget exactly what season it was, but maybe 4-5yrs ago. It was David Thomson's debut for us, I remember that - and he had a great game. We dominated from start to finish, hit the post a couple of times, and the bar, and they bundled the ball over our line in extra time to win 1-0. Of course the silent home fans started singing and doing that clapping thing they do up there, like they were Brazil or something. I remember the bloke behind me smashing his seat as we walked out, and my mate (who's first Rovers game it was) not daring to say anything to me as we went back on the long train ride up to Scotland. In fact, his second game was our 5-1 away demolition at Newcastle - and he's coming down to watch the Man City game in September at Ewood, so watch out Blackburn. Maybe I'll just leave him in the Brown Cow.

Wasn't that the game where Nils Eric Johnasson, playing at left back, crucially slipped near the end of the game and thus allowed the winger to run down the wing and cross for the goal?

Probably, the ball came from that side and Job poked it in from about a yard as he was falling over. I also stood on a dead mouse on the way to the ground, I just remembered. What a fun day that was.

1993 Boxing Day OT, what would have been Gallacher's winning goal cancelled out by 3 late and consecutive decisions all given to the home team to comply with Old Trafford Rules.

1. Schmeichal appears to push the ball out for a corner, goal kick given.

2. Ball kicked up field, attacker and defender go in for the ball at the other end, corner given.

3. From the corner Hendry held down, balls spills out to Ince who scores the equalizer.

Having to wait more than a decade for a win there, just made it worse.

Not a top flight goal, but it was the 91/92 season, home game against Leicester, Kevin someone or other, went on to play for the dingles. I can still see it bouncing off Mimms onto the dimgle and past Mimms for a soft goal.

Top flight one, I'd say any Man Utd one!

For sheer embarassment, as a kid I always used to hate my friends for reminding me about Collymore's goal at Ewood.

Otherwise Forest's goal that effectively doomed us gives me a sense of subdued surrender just thinking about it. And as for remembering that Ashley Ward miss in the next game... :o

Marian Pahars came off the bench to score a goal against us in our relegation season under RoyHodgson/Brian Kidd. I can't remember if it was a winner or equaliser but it was a sickener either way and meant our chances of survival were really slipping away.

equaliser with 5 mins to go, i was there. 3-1 up and cruising. a certain mr hughes came off the bench to score and caused havoc.

i agree with mhead. for me the worst goal is palace's 3rd. i was nine at the time and i'm still to fully recover from the trauma and injustice.

george c's referring was bent that day. he didnt return to ewood for a couple of seasons, but when he did he got real abuse (it's the only time i've ever seen a referee booed onto the pitch), and gave rovers 2 penaltys.

he must have realised all the money he made could never buy back his sole!

Not a top flight goal, but it was the 91/92 season, home game against Leicester, Kevin someone or other, went on to play for the dingles. I can still see it bouncing off Mimms onto the dimgle and past Mimms for a soft goal.

Defo the worst goal ive ever seen scored against rovers. 5 mins to go, mimms came out of area to clear a backpass, sliced it onto kevin russells backside, trickled into net from 25 yards away in front of a few thousand leicester fans who went mental. Lost 1 nil, during run of 6 defeats on bounce where we nearly blew promotion.

Edited by david brent

• 4 months later...

Blackburn 1-1 MAN UTD-Alan Smith(handball in fergie time)

Martin O'Neill has acknowledged there is such a thing as "Fergie Time", judging by his latest comments.

"I don't mind four minutes. I don't mind five, six or seven minutes. In fact there would be very few halves where I wouldn't expect at least three minutes, regardless of whether players have been treated or not. But there's absolutely no consistency, absolutely none at all. If a referee is saying it was to do with the substitutions, fine. But the next week, do it the same way. All I ask for is a bit of consistency and in this occasion he put up four minutes because he was at Old Trafford" - Martin O'Neill.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.