BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Four Thousand Goals

Four Thousand Goals" According to the BBC, Rovers are 2 goals away from conceding 4,000 goals in top flight football. Don't know whether to celebrate or cry. All goals conceded are bad, but some are tragic, : out of cup/ relegated/missed out on play offs/cheated by scousers or mancs/goals that feel like a kick in th b0** ocks but later mean ziltch (Dingle equaliser in the F.A. cup)etc. What is the most damaging goal ever scored against Blackburn Rovers????

SAS, it's friday night, lighten up. :D

lighten up

i have to work till 4pm on sunday

i will miss crucial minutes of the chelsea game :ph34r:

EDIT :

then i look at my avatar

and think, awww hes asking for food, look woof

means feed me humans

Edited by SAS

That I remember:(I am only 14)

Blackburn 1-1 BURNLEY- Micah Hyde (2-1)

Blackburn 1-1 MAN UTD-Alan Smith(handball in fergie time)

W/C SEMI////Blackburn 1-1/2 MAN UTD- Any of the scholes goals, especially the handball one(1-3)

BIRMINGHAM 1/2/3/4-0 Rovers--Went and annoyed me so much

FAC/SEMI///ARSENAL 2-0 rovers- killed me, felt sick, my big day at cardiff

Blackburn 1-2 Pompey--Thought this had sent us down (03/04)

Easy. March 12th 2000

Kenny Lunt's goal for Crewe against Rovers at the Blackburn End.

The lowest point I've had supporting Rovers for the last 19 years!!!

IPB Image

Oh what a terrible game that was. We had about 70 shots on goal and Jason Kearton played out of his skin!!

The second Palace goal in our play-off defeat in '89...the third was bad but was just the final, expected, kick in the teeth after the punch to the balls of the previous goal.

Nothing since was quite the same...a whole season down the drain in an instant...I was 11 at the time and nothing else has come near since to being the pits.

Although the the 3-1 home loss to already relegated Forest in 99 came close...

Edited by FourLaneBlue

RFW's clear demonstration that he controls the length of the match,as some so&so in a red shirt scores the winner in the 5th minute of stoppage time after the 4th official had indicated 4min. Then 10 secs after the goal the final whistle.

I wonder if MH will inherit this power when he becomes manager at O.T.?

Edited by Fife Rover

benito carbone scored a spectacular effort against us.

who cares though,it was when we were already 4-0 or 5-0 up,and we went on to win 7-2.

by the way,we havent had a 7-0,7-1 scoreline for a while actually,west ham was the last wasn't it?

anyone else feeling like one this season???!

Charlton getting the winner at the Valley with the last kick of the game about a minute after Friedel had scored an equaliser. Never have I been through such a range of emotions in such a short space of time.

Oh yes, that was a horrible horrible day.

Up there with the winning goal already mentionef for Pompey the same season, and Fulham's 2nd in that ultimately fantastic Easter Monday game at Loftus Road. 2-1 down at half time we went in, 2 days after having been beaten at home by seemingly doomed Leeds. Horrible horrible horrible.

1989..the 3rd Crystal Palace goal with all their fans round the pitch and us lot stuck in the corner.

Worse than any relegation,worse even than the Cantona pen after Berg's sending off(totally wrongly) versus Man U in 1990s.

It was so bad...all 3... that any Rovers supporter who went in any quiz always says it was the lowest point.

Still sick thinking about it..27 years later!!

Marian Pahars came off the bench to score a goal against us in our relegation season under RoyHodgson/Brian Kidd. I can't remember if it was a winner or equaliser but it was a sickener either way and meant our chances of survival were really slipping away.

Also, Chris Bart-Williams scored a daisy-cutter free kick goal for Nottingham Forest when they had been already relegated, if I remember rightly, to ensure that they went a long way to dragging us down with them.

Didn't Laurent Robert score a spectacular 30+ yard free-kick against us? Must count amongst the better goals scored against us.

Edited by rover6

I'm not sure about the most painful goal but the most painful miss in my opinion has to be Ashley Ward missing an open goal against United effectively relegating us!

And then the cheeky b*****d Ferguson took the p**s out of us in the past match interview!

I still can't let myself watch that miss by Ashley ward, it makes me wanna hit something.

Worst goal we have conceded in recent times has to be the Nicolaus Jensen goal after Big Brad had scored from the corner, that were gutting and it made a lot of us think we were heading down the table even further at that point, until Steady boy pretty much saved us.

In our relegation season we got spanked by le Arse home and some of those goals were pathetic goals for us to concede but then again having Darren Peacok at CB was just like having bloody Ashley Peacock from Corrie in the back four that season, no wonder we got relegated.

I still can't let myself watch that miss by Ashley ward, it makes me wanna hit something.

Worst goal we have conceded in recent times has to be the Nicolaus Jensen goal after Big Brad had scored from the corner, that were gutting and it made a lot of us think we were heading down the table even further at that point, until Steady boy pretty much saved us.

In our relegation season we got spanked by le Arse home and some of those goals were pathetic goals for us to concede but then again having Darren Peacok at CB was just like having bloody Ashley Peacock from Corrie in the back four that season, no wonder we got relegated.

I'm sure Arsenal only won 2-1 at Ewood in the relegation season. Damien Johnson scored for us if I remember rightly.

One of the worst goals for me was Christian Dailly's own goal against Man City in THAT game at Ewood on the final day of the season. I'm sure the world went into slow motion when Dailly was desperately trying to catch up to that ball - and then the pandemonium in the Jack Walker Stand as I was surrounded by about 5000 City fans.

Yeah - that was pretty bad.

I'm sure Arsenal only won 2-1 at Ewood in the relegation season. Damien Johnson scored for us if I remember rightly.

I could have sworn we got spanked 5-1 that season, didn't it snow and the infamous orange ball was brouht into play. I'll hold my hands up if i am wrong, it may have been the season before but i remember anelka scoring for them as well with Bergkamp scoring as well and Gallacher scoring for us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.