BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Return Of Sutty?

I wanted to see him back before he went to Brum, if he adds some authority and experience to the defensive line and can add something in attack from the back I am all for it.

I think Villa is his destination though, surprisingly with all the extra cash they have flowing

Doesn't matter how much money they have. they can't spend it till Jan so if O Neill wants a player now out of contract players are what's available

me too. ;) funny how all those who were defending ooijer last friday, have suddenly gone a little quieter, after sunday. :)

I'll be one of those then. If you look in Man City thread you'll see that I held my hand up on that one. He had a poor game - as did Zurab.

I still disagree with you saying that based on the Salzberg game, which neither of us saw, Todd and Zurab should be the centre half partnership and "anyone who doesnt think we'll be more secure with that partnership, is blinkered and doesnt understand the game." Step forward Mark Hughes.

You could drop either of the centre halves for me they look equally as bad. The worry of course is that maybe Nelsen makes all our other centre halves look good. Also, perhaps Todd has really burnt his bridges this time around?

As for Sutton (better keep it slightly on thread eh? ;) ) no thank you very much.

As Bob took us slightly off topic - no centre half looks good without cover from midfield. Anyone wonder why Terry looked so good for Chelsea - but so average for Engand until we put a defensive midfield player in front of him ?

We looked far better when The Axe came on - giving the sort of defensive cover that I believe Reid offers (in part).

The way we are playing at the moment is seeing Emerton and Neill virtually playing as wing backs - but without the usual three in the centre to make up for that. The Barton goal was a typical example of a less defensive right back - as it was Emerton that played Barton on-side.

Personally I think there are more problems (defensively) than just the centre halves at the moment. As has always been said - teams defend - not just two players.

I'll be one of those then. If you look in Man City thread you'll see that I held my hand up on that one. He had a poor game - as did Zurab.

I still disagree with you saying that based on the Salzberg game, which neither of us saw, Todd and Zurab should be the centre half partnership and "anyone who doesnt think we'll be more secure with that partnership, is blinkered and doesnt understand the game." Step forward Mark Hughes.

You could drop either of the centre halves for me they look equally as bad. The worry of course is that maybe Nelsen makes all our other centre halves look good. Also, perhaps Todd has really burnt his bridges this time around?

As for Sutton (better keep it slightly on thread eh? ;) ) no thank you very much.

bob, i wasn't having a dig at you. you've made some very good points and i more or less agree with you.

i concede i was harsh, in criticising a display that i hadn't witnessed, but i made those points cos i could see a defensive debacle was lurking around the corner.

i agree zurab hasn't been his usual self, but i believe that's probably down to him not having confidence in ooijer.

(**i've the strangest feeling that ooijer's going to score for us at boro, i'll be on the pitch if he does!** :lol: )

on nelson "making the others look good," the reason for that is he is a leader and we are lacking that at the moment (despite ooijers vast experience). the only leader comparable to nelsen is todd. he probably has burnt his bridges this time. however, i think that has little to do with the panorama programme, more down to him being outspoken. say what you want about todd, but you cant question his passion and commitment.

on sutton, i wouldn't want him back either. he's passed it. i was being facetious. not like me ! :lol:

Sutton is a total c*nt and does not deserve the honour of wearing the blue and white halves again.

Is everybody on this board under 18? Does anyone else remember how he left? If he comes back, I will personally give Rob Coar and John Williams a right good shoe-ing, and they would thank me for it. It will never happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.