BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Return Of Sutty?

haha, don't think so. :lol: I saw someone on here posting that we were in for Sheringham also.

On a serious note, if we even try to sign any of those we are showing the whole football world just how little ambitions we have.

yeah, as much as i like the guy. Cant help but feel its abit of a nostalgia trip and wouldnt do us any favours at all.

haha, don't think so. :lol: I saw someone on here posting that we were in for Sheringham also.

On a serious note, if we even try to sign any of those we are showing the whole football world just how little ambitions we have.

Also saw in the Sunday rags that we're after Michael Ball, currently at PSV, in the January window.

Sutton arrived at Ewood Park for £5 million in July 2004, at the time an English transfer record.

Just underlines the credibility of that story. If he did sign though, would it not be to shore up in midfield/defense? He had (to my knowledge) at least one excellent match in central midfield in the past... I'm sure you know which one I'm referring to.

Just underlines the credibility of that story. If he did sign though, would it not be to shore up in midfield/defense? He had (to my knowledge) at least one excellent match in central midfield in the past... I'm sure you know which one I'm referring to.

I agree entirely - for me the only reason that this signing would make sense is that he is an ideal squad player. There aren't many players that can cover all central outfield positions - and do a good job at all of them.

When he was at Rovers - he had a spell as an emergency centre half - and I actually thought he was the best centre half that I ever saw in a Rovers shirt (even including Hendry). When he played against us for Celtic he had an unbelievable match in centre midfield. And up front he would provide a better "different option" than Kuqi ever did (even if some way past his best).

Overall a good signing (if he is fit) - but I would still think he will end up at Villa

If sutton does or return, or indeed Sheringham arrives, I don't think its got anything to do with a lack of ambition.

So signing the likes of Jeffers, Henchoz, Ball, Sheringham and Sutton ain't showing a lack of ambition?

I bet Hughes aint signing these players because he has high hopes for them, its simply because he aint given enough transfer money to sign some real quality... A shame really, but thats life..

To be fair Krislu its now out of the window, if Hughes thinks we need something immediately then we have to look at players we can bring in at this moment in time, which is obviously restricted to free's.

As many are saying, we are currently trying to run self-sufficiently and its clear for all to see that our revenue streams must be one of the lowest in the league, and therefore our spending has to reflect that if we are to stay afloat.

I don't mean to offend anybody, especially with this being my first post, but if you believe everything you read on places like vital football, you need your head seeing to!

I think when birmingham were relegated last season, Sutton found himself in the right place (championship) whether or not he stayed with that massive club.

I wanted to see him back before he went to Brum, if he adds some authority and experience to the defensive line and can add something in attack from the back I am all for it.

I think Villa is his destination though, surprisingly with all the extra cash they have flowing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.