SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowen For Norwich Job?

trs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without actually knowing the individuals concerned (Hughes / Bowen)I just cannot see this happening. imo Hughes is destined for great things and Bowen would be foolish not to go along.

I think in general you are right there Theno. But consider the case (which could occur) where MH is offered the Man U job, and wants to take his present Rovers staff with him. Also at the time this happens, Rovers are either in the top 4 or are around 5th or 6th and have built a squad capable of achieving and maintaining top 4 status.

What does Mark Bowen do in these circumstances? I would argue he might just be tempted to stay at Rovers as the manager (assuming Rovers offer him the position) and show what he learned and is capable of.

I think when Hughes does move onto a bigger club, Bowen will almost surely move with him.

Bowen and Eddie N are essential to Hughes management, and he has so much trust in them and they also have key roles. There is no way Hughes would want to work with anyone else.

I also think that working as an assistant at Man Utd (for example) would be a much greater lure than being manager for us sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

Glenn Roeder named as the new Norwich manager.

Given that Mr Roeder took Gillingham and Watford to the bottom of the league, was relegated with West Ham in 2003 and during his 15 month spell in charge at Newcastle they didn't score a league goal at St James' Park in over eight hours of playing time - Newcastle's worst run since 1951 - I don't think that Norwich fans should have high hopes about Roeder's appointment....

If Roeder manages to avoid relegation with Norwich this season he'll be doing well compared with his previous managerial record. Certainly Norwich fans shouldn't start dreaming of the days when Mark Bowen and others were scoring for the Canaries against Bayern Munich and Inter Milan in Europe.

Did anyone hear the interview with Mark Bowen on the Sports Breakfast on talk sport this morning?

Yes, next question? :)

Good interview, made one worrying comment about the Pompey game almost being one we could do without ahead of Liverpool and ManUre, otherwise as you would expect played down our start in a self effacing manner whilst at the same time praising the efforts of the players.

Did also say the "physical" tag was a sore point with us as, whilst we compete, we have players who can play as well.

Sign of progress, first time I can ever recall anyone from Rovers being interviewed on Talk Sport. :tu:

(Other than Bentley who rang in voluntarily to defend himself)

Yes, next question? :)

Good interview, made one worrying comment about the Pompey game almost being one we could do without ahead of Liverpool and ManUre, otherwise as you would expect played down our start in a self effacing manner whilst at the same time praising the efforts of the players.

Did also say the "physical" tag was a sore point with us as, whilst we compete, we have players who can play as well.

Sign of progress, first time I can ever recall anyone from Rovers being interviewed on Talk Sport. :tu:

(Other than Bentley who rang in voluntarily to defend himself)

Thanks I start work at 8.20 and they'd been saying all the drive to work that they were going to interview him but I arrived before they did, so wondered what he'd said.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.