BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowen For Norwich Job?

trs

Accorcing to oddschecker.com it seems Mark Bowen is the clear favourite for the Norwich job. Early days in the betting stakes I know, but this is certainly something I would not want to see happen at this stage of the Hughes/Bowen partnership.

As with many good number 2's they always like to see if they can manage the number 1 slot and with Bowen's history with norwich it wouldn't surprise me if there was something in it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowen has already sounded out Ian Crook, an old Norwich team-mate now coaching in Sydney, about becoming his assistant.

Sounds like the job is his.

It does actually say in the article that has been posted that Crook has denied this.

I think he turned down the opportunity to do wba so what makes norwich the major attraction ?

european football and a club that is going places or norwich the zit of the east anglian arsehole ?

Bowen is doing just fine as a member of Rovers backroom staff :brfc:

Who's undervaluing him? Very sure rovers fans aren't and Mark Hughes certainly doesn't nor do our players who always pay tribute to the backroom staff and not just the manager. Might it cost Norwich too much to buy out his contract anyway bearing in mind that he signed a new one when Hughes did?

Norwich City folk hero Iwan Roberts has backed Welsh pal Mark Bowen to fill the vacant Carrow Road managerial hot seat.

Roberts lent his weight to the growing clamour for the Blackburn assistant boss and bookies' red hot favourite before revealing he would also jump at the chance to succeed Nigel Worthington.

“Mark is a class act,” said the popular Welshman. “Singing his praises might do down my own chances, but wherever Mark Hughes has gone as a manager Mark Bowen has usually been his first signing - that tells you everything.

“I played with him towards the end of his Welsh career and then worked under him when he was an assistant to Sparky. The guy is a fantastic coach and with his Norwich connections would bring a great feeling for the club as well.”

Might it cost Norwich too much to buy out his contract anyway bearing in mind that he signed a new one when Hughes did?

Doubt Saprky or the Club would stand in his way if he wants to go - probably a mutual agreement would be reached.

Question is - would he go? :unsure:

anything that rocks the boat is bad news.

not happy about this

Exactly my thoughts. Can't see Sparky standing in his way, unless he's already promised the #2 spot at Man U to him. Odd that Norwich would want a # 2 given that they were going on about a proven winner the other day, which led me to believe they wanted someone with management success. (Still, Sunderland were hiring a World Class manager and hired a greenhorn)

Couple of fairly high profile jobs available in the Championship at the moment as well - Leeds and West Brom. Not that I am saying that they will go for Bowen (even though West Brom were linked with him) but it reduces the managers Norwich can realistically get.

Edited by John

Surely the money that we are and will be receiving from the TV deals should be enough to ensure that NO Fizzy Pop club could afford to nick our staff and especially when we are currently enjoying a renaissance in our fortunes? I cannot imagine such disruption EVER being allowed to happen at Chelsea, MU, Lpool, Arsenal etc.

also

1. What happens if Bowen turns out to be the power behind the throne? We could turn out to be losing our next bright young manager should MH get enticed away.

2. What happens if he takes Eddie Niedswicki with him?

Edited by thenodrog

Mark Bowen is set to stay as Blackburn's number two and turn down any approach to take over at his former club Norwich

Sounds verymatter of fact...where dsid you hear that?

Doesnt really suprise me...i wouldn't bet against him moving up to number one here when Hughes moves on

Sounds verymatter of fact...where dsid you hear that?

Doesnt really suprise me...i wouldn't bet against him moving up to number one here when Hughes moves on

Unless Hughes takes him with him to wherever/whenever he moves on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.