BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Special Kit For Feyenoord?

Great chance for Rovers to create a third kit.

Why not get the fans to either put forward their own designs in any colour of their choice (but not Red, Blue or White).

Or propose a selection of kits from which to choose from ala End of last season.

It could be the people's kit!!! Haha.

I was thinking about this before and maybe they will convert the training kit into a third kit.

Knowing Rovers though we'll all be left dissappointed and they'll arrange it so Feyenoord and Blackburn both play in their away kits.

No need for a special kit. It should be the blue halves against the red halves.

If however then we could use something similar to Nike in the world cup where the goalkeepers had half style kits but the same colour only two different shades. Like man uniteds keepers still use.

Maybe Our current blue and a slightly lighter shade of it.

I personally don't think either team will have to change as both kits are quite different as in a big blue half and a big red half, also they wear black shorts and we wear white, so shouldn't be a problem.

Do Newcastle have to wear their away kit when they play Sunderland? Not that I can recall, but I do recall Newcastle wearing white shorts so as not to clash with Sunderlands black shorts.

I am somewhat surprised that the club did not introduce a

Euro kit. I have our last one (Red bordered Kappas) & reckon it to be

the nicest Rovers' kit home/away since the McEwans' kits.

A nice Black/Red halved kit would be very sharp & quite intimidating

to trot it our at feyenoord.

C'mon ROVERS !

Special kit!

Over paid professionsals

Skins!

Certain members of the team seem to have been involved in some very passionate embraces over the last couple of weeks as it is, I'm not sure it's a good idea giving messrs Savage and Gamst the further encouragement of being semi-naked too...

No need for a special kit. It should be the blue halves against the red halves.

If however then we could use something similar to Nike in the world cup where the goalkeepers had half style kits but the same colour only two different shades. Like man uniteds keepers still use.

Maybe Our current blue and a slightly lighter shade of it.

I've read that a dozen times and still cannot understand what the hell it means.

There will be no third kit as Sportsworld are responsible for manufacturing our kits and the chances of them bothering to get one designed, approved and sourced in time for the Fayenoord game is about the same as Craig Bellamy being god father to Alan Shearers next baby.

Edited by Cheshireblue

I've read that a dozen times and still cannot understand what the hell it means.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

There will be no special kit, Feyernoord will have to wear their away kit should the match officials decide neither of our kits are suitable.

Whats wrong with Skins?

Nonda, Roberts, McCarthy. Brown & The Axe don't quite chime with the very pale lilac of the likes of Lilly, MGP, Bentley & Zurab.

Do pay attention.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

There will be no special kit, Feyernoord will have to wear their away kit should the match officials decide neither of our kits are suitable.

Confirmation:

Regulations of the UEFA Cup 2006/07 - Article 16 UEFA Kit Regulations

Colour - Rule 16.03

The home team should always wear the official first-choice kit announced to the UEFA administration on the entry form, unless the teams concerned agree otherwise in due time, in which case details should be submitted to the UEFA Administration in writing. If the referee decides on the spot that the colours of the two teams could lead to confusion, the home club must wear other colours for reasons of practicality............

With all this advance time to consider options, it will be interesting to see if Feyenoord will ask Rovers to arrange for a special kit to allow them to retain their traditional colours. European matches against Premier League clubs are a big deal there I'm sure. I cannot imagine them wanting to wear their blue away kits for a home European match if there was any way to avoid it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.