BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Coupon

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me thinks you should give up the betting lad!

from my record on here perhaps i should. :(

it's all fun, i think if it was affecting my health or i had serious money issues then i would of stopped along time ago.

as it is the gutted feeling come final score is quite a common feature these days!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The other night before the Arsenal game I noticed Ladbrokes take bets on who will kick-off a match. It was evens for both teams - so essentially it's just a market for fun - and Ladbrokes over time will not win or lose on. But then I thought - maybe they've got it wrong. When the coin is tossed there is two possible outcomes obviously. Then the winning captain chooses whether or not he wants to choose ends or take kick off (correct me if I'm wrong). So my theory is:

If the away side wins the kick-off there is a 50% chance they'll take the kick off, and a 50% chance they'll swap ends.

If Rovers win the toss - I'd imagine they will always choose to kick towards the Darwen End in the first half - meaning the away side kicks off.

If my theory is correct - then there is roughly a 75% chance the away side will kick off - meaning evens is a great price.

Does anyone think this is the case - or am I way off?

Well I only thought about it the other night - and have never really paid attention to who kicks off before - but it was Arsenal who took the kick-off on Wednesday. Not sure if they do this bet every game of just televised ones - anyone know this?

• 2 weeks later...

City took the kick off in the last match too. Didn't have a bet on it though - gonna start investing I think.

West Ham took the kick off on Saturday - but sods law if I actually bet on it we'll take kick off! Still over time I think you'll make a decent profit.

Edited by LeftWinger

• 5 months later...

Thought I would bring this up to the top. Cant really afford much this weekend as going to York races tomorrow (any tips will be greatfully received).

My accumulators for today are:-

Walsall to beat Port Vale

Carlisle to beat Tranmere

Leyton Orient to beat Bournemouth

Stockport to beat Shrewsbury

Carwley to beat Droylesden

Wymouth to beat Ebbsfleet

50p with a return of £37.00

Also I have a £10.00 accumulator on

Engaland U21 to beat Montenegro U21 (last night and England U21 won)

England to beat Islael

Norway to beat Moldova

Holland to beat Bulgaria

Leyton Orient to beat Bournemouth

Ukraine to beat Georgia

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal V Derby Arsenal to win @ 1.17

Blackpool V Colchester Blackpool to win @ 1.90

Bristol City V Burnley Burnley to Win @ 3.30

Wolves V Norwich Wolves to win @ 1.72

Gretna V Dundee Utd Dundee Utd to Win @ 1.83

Inverness CT V Hearts Hearts to Win @ 1.66

Leeds V Swansea Leeds to win @ 1.83

Leyton Orient V Hartlepool Leyton Orient to win @ 2.00

Selections for today :rolleyes:

Well I only thought about it the other night - and have never really paid attention to who kicks off before - but it was Arsenal who took the kick-off on Wednesday. Not sure if they do this bet every game of just televised ones - anyone know this?

They will take bets on

- who wins the coin toss

- who will kick off

for pretty much any game, both at evens for each team.

However if they start noticing a pattern and enough money gets lumped on it, then they will start to change odds in their favour :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.