BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sponsor A Fan This Christmas

On the half season ticket thing. Some regulars at Ewood who visit this board have, in the past, displayed a certain amount of disrespect to some of us overseas fans, questioning our layalty to the club we grew up supporting. Insulting us because we do not do "anything" financial to help the club. (incorrect I think)

It has been suggested in the past, by Waggy the message boards answer to Jimmy Hoffa that we donate a season ticket. Ridiculous I know, it's like asking Abby to buy a Broncos season ticket.

However this half season ticket thing has got me thinking, I can afford the kiddies ticket 49 quid is it?

So here's the rub, I wish to donate one kiddies half season ticket to a young Rovers fan. I need the boards help in getting this done. I do not know how to handle it, I am tempted to ask for submissions for a needy family who's boy or girl could attend but also though of the idea of perhaps having a raffle for it. Proceeds could then be donated to the upkeep of the messageboard.

I would also need help to pay for this, Paypal seems to be convenient.

So, let's throw around a few ideas and get this done in time for Xmas so some young Rovers fan can have a gift that will last and get the rugrat to games he or she may not have been able to otherwise attend, or raffle it off.

BTW it's not a lot of money so anyone else care to match my offer.

One thought, if we go with the needy rather than raffle one could submit names to me and I could pick one out of a hat. Please, let's keep this legit, no scammers please.

Also Mods if you see fit to pin this go ahead.

Edited by USABlue

That is a very bold and noble offer.

I will try to think of ways to help you. While not in a position to buy a full ticket, how about if a central website was set up with a paypal account where members could donate whatever they could? I would be willing to donate the url and webspace, possibly even the site itself...

USA, that is quite profound of you. I applaud you for your regard for those less fortunate. It is a very good idea.

Don't get me wrong though, I think the likes of Theno are warped when they suggest us exiled fans buy others tickets.

I don't think you needed to bring this subject up as, I for one, don't think you have been influenced by such idiots.

Again, I applaud your efforts.

I think this deserves it's own thread, it's a great idea and shouldn't get lost in the general ST thing.

USA, I can sort out all the details, purchase etc and we can deal with the money side as before with shirts. OK?

Great idea USA Blue.

I am prepared to put some money in to buy a young Rovers fan, who is not in a position to afford it, a half season ticket.

Paul, if you and others are up for it we can call it a BRISA initiative. How much will it cost and lets see if there are any other takers.

Thanks for the kind words, I can't claim for it to be all my idea. Just want to do something in the spirit of Christmas (can I still use that word)

for a young fan who wants to go but can't

I think this deserves it's own thread, it's a great idea and shouldn't get lost in the general ST thing.

USA, I can sort out all the details, purchase etc and we can deal with the money side as before with shirts. OK?

Sounds like a plan my friend. Gotta just love this internet thingy.

Great idea USA Blue.

I am prepared to put some money in to buy a young Rovers fan, who is not in a position to afford it, a half season ticket.

Paul, if you and others are up for it we can call it a BRISA initiative. How much will it cost and lets see if there are any other takers.

I can't see this being called a BRISA initiative as it is USA's idea, but I will see it is on the next agenda and may even suggest a whip round. ;) Zero attendance for the next meeting then!!!!

Come on people let's have some pledges

I'm down for £15

Good thinking USAb. I'd be happy to make a contribution.

Now it's probably a bit late for half season tickets this season, but if this goes well, how about extending the idea to schools? Maybe something like BRISA (with volunteers contributing as per this idea) buying say 10 kids STs or half season STs, and distributing these to say 5 primary schools around Blackburn? Up to the schools to 'manage' so one kid doesn't monopolise things, also perhaps a bit of scope for the club to do something to encourage the parents/adults from school with the youngsters.

Great idea...could I add something to the idea.

How about the half-season ticket goes to a specific primary school to be used by a nominated pupil for each match.This could suck in up to 20 pupils for the season.

Rovers and a number of schools should be up for it.

"The Overseas Exiles season-ticket sponsorship Scheme"

Seeing that you are in a genourous mood "USA Blue" howabout sponsoring my next trip into Europe to watch us in the UEFA Cup?? I would imagine it would only cost around £200-£300 with cake included.

Perhaps it could be a "BRISA" initiative, sponsor a fan in Europe, what do you think?

Edited by Blakey

Nice thought as said.

But I would consider myself a true Los Angeles Dodgers fan despite never even going to Los Angeles let alone Dodger Stadium.

Save your £50 and spend it towards a trip to Ewood yourself!!

Unlike yourself and your Dodgers, I have been to Ewood and did for many years and all over England watching us. Sorry to hear about your Dodger problem though.

Seeing that you are in a genourous mood "USA Blue" howabout sponsoring my next trip into Europe to watch us in the UEFA Cup?? I would imagine it would only cost around £200-£300 with cake included.

Perhaps it could be a "BRISA" initiative, sponsor a fan in Europe, what do you think?

Always at least one isn't there! I was seriously considering taking you up on the Europe thing but then I thought how could I be so generous to someone who can't even spell the word, so I ruled you out. :D

I'll reword it.

USABlue, a noteworthy cause but how are you going to determine that your "charitable exercise" goes to a worthy individual?

Not sure, names in a hat sounds like a pretty level playing field. Got any ideas? Be happy to hear 'em. Who's Ed?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.