BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reffing Effs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not because we bloody well weren't!

:lol: :lol:

That has to be the luckiest escape we have had. Not sure how we were hard done by. McCarthy going down wasn't a penalty.

To be fair this season we have had a lot more decisions go our way than against. It might be down to the way Hughes has handled the media to place pressure on the referees when we play them.

Pierluigi Collina "was" the best ref in the world, shame about the way it all ended with the sponsorship stuff etc.

It's funy that because Collina also robbed Everton the season they did finish 4th to make the champions league.Every time his name is mentioned at work, my Everton supporting mate scoffs at his 'best ref' tag. They got knocked out of the qualifier by Villareal. In injury time in the 2nd leg someone (Ferguson?) scored a great header which would have sent Everton through and earned them however many millions of pounds. Collina disallowed it because of a foul on the keeper when he'd never been touched.

Yes i agree with Mum, Arteta should have had at least a yellow, if not a red, but i cant agree on McCarthy, you peeps who call AJ a diver ought to take a good luck at that one, that was laughable, and should have got a yellow plus an OSCAR. :lol:

But all in all the officials had one hell of a bad Day, but if that is supposed to be punishment i cant see it, they got off with it again as all officials do. Not a 3 match ban and a hefty fine, just the weekend off. Great that makes me feel a lot better. :angry2:

and Hasta, yes we dont go along with the "Collina's the best" and that was his last game, he retired after he put us out, but i think he was also implicated in the match fixing that came to the fore in Italy, so that probably decided his future anyway.

Edited by licker

It's funy that because Collina also robbed Everton the season they did finish 4th to make the champions league.Every time his name is mentioned at work, my Everton supporting mate scoffs at his 'best ref' tag. They got knocked out of the qualifier by Villareal. In injury time in the 2nd leg someone (Ferguson?) scored a great header which would have sent Everton through and earned them however many millions of pounds. Collina disallowed it because of a foul on the keeper when he'd never been touched.

It would have only sent it to extra time actually, but yeah it should have been allowed.

Great ref though :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.