BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan 0-3 Rovers

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last season we packed the entire away stand out, why wer'nt there so many of us? it was around the same time as last year too and ticket prices went up only a fiver?

The difference between a game on December 31st and January 1st is more than twenty-four hours. Last year most of the people I know who went to the game incorporated it into their New Year's celebrations. This year I found it hard to drag myself up from two hours of sleep to go to the game - many more would have simply not bothered.

And a fiver increase in prices is scandalous. Not even train fares go up by 20% in a year. Who has thirty quid to spare at this time of year, and both the time and inclination to go to Wigan to watch a team who had previously won two away games in the league all season? Three thousand or so seemed a decent following to me. We made just as much noise anyway.

On a separate note, the so-called "Best Pies in the Premiership" were absolute crap.

Am I correct in thinking that you've just returned from a holiday in the US Abbey?

sure have .............but am i not free to have other interests other than the rovers and if i think sticking an extra fiver on is a rip off then is not right that if i dont think it fair then i dont pay it?

im sick of it ...the ticket prices just go up and up and i think a fiver more the year after is disgusting.

only a fiver?? get you rothchild....THATS EXACTLY WHY I DIDNT GO!!!!

Same here Abbey , and as per my previous thread its on my doorstep virtually.

I am loathed at paying over £20 for a game of football never mind £30 - and nowadays I don't have the virtue of having scope in my budget to pay that amount.

I was discussing this with Wigan fans before Monday and told them they would be lucky if half of what turned up last season did, (especially at £30 considering what day it was ie the previous day/night frivolities taking hold )-some who where going (s/t holders) and some who weren't (non s/t) and they where surprised I wasn't going. The price was mentioned as the main issue, same had been on against Chelski and cited this as an example- however,there is the feeling the 'passion' of football has dried off now the novelty of last season has gone.

Incidentally, it appears that the attendance on NYD was the final nail in Wigan's pricing structure....

Listening Latics' have announced a radical change in their match day ticket price policy, with adult prices at the JJB Stadium for the remaining seven Premiership matches slashed to just £15.00 AND £20.00; by far and away the best value in the Premiership.

The new price structure begins with the home fixture against Portsmouth on Saturday February 3. Tickets for the Everton match on Sunday on January 21 have already gone on sale, and therefore are not affected by the changes.

Archived