BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan 0-3 Rovers

Great result - 3 wins in a row, 5 out of 6 now.

I think that if we can carry our confidence into the everton game we could win and then we may just pull a result out of the bag against arsenal.

Hopefully Hughes & the board will sort out our january sales quickly and get in a few new faces for extra competition.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Later today I'll be writing to Wigan to complain about the highly discriminatory pricing for fans using wheel-chairs. Wigan provide the best facilities I have seen for those using a wheel chair. They also advertise a ticket package for "Disabled and Carer" at £25 the pair. I rang the Wigan TO asking for this package only to be told it was only available to wheelchair users. Clearly wheelchair users require a carer to access the ground, I have no problem with this however the package discriminates heavily against others who require a carer to help them attend games. My Tom could not attend without a carer and I saw two blind fans who would be in the same position. Have to say I feel strongly Wigan are misleading in their advertising and discriminating a against a large number of disabled fans, big mistake.

Paul, I haven't checked the precise wording of the legislation but I would be very surprised if what you describe does not contravene the Disability Discrimination Act.

Write to Dave Whelan, he's got a bit of a reputation for being a hard nosed barsteward, but I can't imagine he'll want to be perceived in that light.

If you don't get any immediate joy, threaten to go to the papers. I would imagine the adverse publicity would be the last thing Wigan need right now given their attendances.

well i saw the game live on tv in a pub and mr views are

what on earth is MH picking the axe for, his touch is about as heavy as me ( which is quite a bit) yes we need defencive cover. but we had savage on, for me we have to play each one or the other.

the back four look good, and the forwards were quite good, however the problem for me the lack of passing in the midfield, hope MH can sign someone who can fix this.

i listened to the 1st half on radio, and wigan seemed to start off really well

that cotteril sounded dangerous

2nd half i watched in pub, we played well until after our 2nd goal, then it got a bit scrappy

14,000 shocking attendence

how many rovers were there, sounded a lot, heard the feyenoord song a few times

bentley carries on impressing me, he seems really eager, MGP played DECENT :o

mokoena is ###### poor, benni showed some great touches, hes really turning the class on now

I thought Mokoena had one of his most effective games for Rovers yesterday. Savage was all over as usual and Aaron provided a decent protective shield most of the time. To be fair, Wigan's centre midfield was useless, but I think the Axe had a good solid game breaking up what play they tried to get going.

what on earth is MH picking the axe for, his touch is about as heavy as me

His touch matched the conditions. Tugay does not influence a game or resemble the same player when away from home against physical opposition on a heavy pitch. Horses for courses and respect to Mark Hughes for being able to adapt his team.

Rovers currently playing hoofball particularly Judas... the Axe looks poor

Is Neill stupid or just thick?

Cotterill is all over Judas, yellow card for Judas.

the marvelous capt doing his best to get sent off

Absolutely superb assist by Lucas Neill for the second game on the run don't you think guys? :wstu:

Hows the Humble pie taste this morning? :lol:

The trouble is, the Axe has featured in a winning side, so hes booked his place at least in the first 16 for the next game. Im surprised more people havent commented on his 'performance' yesterday, it was one of his better performances, yet it was still a poor showing from the axe.

great result, thought we were terrific in the 2nd half (mainly due to the introduction of derbyshire and axe finally realising the square pass is more productive!). derbs, mgp, zurab and neill deserve special praise. neill's been involved in a few of our goals of late and his last 3 displays have been sensational (the boro pen aside).

although the turn-out was poor, the volume of the rovers fans was superb - boosted in no small part by scooby the 'pompey bellringer' and mrs mcCarthy!

we're on the march again!

Paul, I haven't checked the precise wording of the legislation but I would be very surprised if what you describe does not contravene the Disability Discrimination Act.

I'd agree Rev and intend to look carefully at what Wigan actually publish. On the Rovers site it was advertised as "Disabled with carer £25 the pair" or very similar words. Unfortunately the ticket details for Wigan are no longer on rovers.co.uk. There is no doubt the Wigan TO stated it was wheelchair users only. Let me be clear I'm not having a pop at the wheelchair users and while I don't use a wheelchair those platforms seem to be excellent. If this pricing is for the disabled and carer Wigan need to understand not all disabled people use wheelchairs or even look different...the guy on the gate wasn't having it when I tried the same tack on him.

His touch matched the conditions. Tugay does not influence a game or resemble the same player when away from home against physical opposition on a heavy pitch. Horses for courses and respect to Mark Hughes for being able to adapt his team.

Absolutely superb assist by Lucas Neill for the second game on the run don't you think guys? :wstu:

Hows the Humble pie taste this morning? :lol:

I think you are wasting your time and effort asking them that question Theno. None so blind as those who don't want to see!

Mokoena was awful first half, but he wasn't alone. How we managed to be leading at half time was, errrr, bizarre. Good ole Emile. Better second half from the Axe, and Wigan didn't bother to turn up, which was nice. Bit like their fans. Very solid games from MGP and Bentley I thought (mostly on the other's wing weren't they?), and Neill good going forward, suicidal defensively. Not much change there then.

Oh heck,

Silly boy/girl trolls the brfcs.co.uk with fantasy.

Can we all please get back to the fact that we stuck three past Wigan, another three points and we are now zooming up the league.

Maxi-joy here in the Colin household.

HNY to the lot of you.

Maybe that's the problem Colin, with 3 wins out of 3 it leaves little to really moan about. So with no ammunition to ###### and moan about Rovers WSR has become the next best target.

A great result, just watching the 50 minute highlights on Sky for the 3rd time.

I didn't attend this game as I figured we could not possibly win 3-0 again. How wrong I was.

Highlights always fascinate me. After watching the extended highlights I would say Mokoena had a very effective game - yet the general concensus from those who attended the game would contradict this. I guess his miss placed passes were not taken advantage of and as such did not make the highlights.

A great result, just watching the 50 minute highlights on Sky for the 3rd time.

I didn't attend this game as I figured we could not possibly win 3-0 again. How wrong I was.

Highlights always fascinate me. After watching the extended highlights I would say Mokoena had a very effective game - yet the general concensus from those who attended the game would contradict this. I guess his miss placed passes were not taken advantage of and as such did not make the highlights.

I think is our current whipping boy (or will be the only one when Neill's gone). I saw him receive a hospital ball from Savage, step away from the challenge and roll the ball back to the centre back and someone behind me laid into him for being negative so i think no matter what he does people will be negative. I thought he looked very solid and had a good game, as he has when coming on as a sub for the last few weeks. I think he's better suited to the holding role in a 5 man midfield and we're not playing that way at the moment but he did what was asked of him. He's not Tugay, but then no one else is.

I reckon The Axe has done well when called upon this season.

Obviously Sparky rates him and i think he's probably a better judge than the members of this messageboard!

Still people need somethiung to complain about dont they! At least it isnt the results!!

I think is our current whipping boy (or will be the only one when Neill's gone). I saw him receive a hospital ball from Savage, step away from the challenge and roll the ball back to the centre back and someone behind me laid into him for being negative so i think no matter what he does people will be negative.

Obviously Sparky rates him and i think he's probably a better judge than the members of this messageboard!

Still people need something to complain about dont they! At least it isnt the results!!

Amen to those. Mokoena did well yesterday. As a few have pointed out he's no Tugay but he can be a very effective spoiler.

I went to the Liverpool game last week. It's always good listening to fans' comments during the game. After hearing lots of drivel during the game my opinion is that the majority of people who watch have no idea about football.

CAPT KAYOS Dec 30 2006, 11:37 Post #158

Champions League

Group: Members

Member No.: 103

On the Debyshire note - thought he should have buried the chance (again) and probably connected too well IMO, thats 2 clear cut now that he has missed - the next will be third time lucky and in the onion bag, certainly made a difference and provided an outlet - keep it up sonny your time will come.

What did I tell ya after the Boro game :tu:

It's too much money and has reinforced my view the PL is vastly over-priced and over-rated as this was an OK game but not £48 worth.

Well I watched it in the pub on some dodgy Arab channel and spent about £6 .

The occasion wasn't even ruined by some iffy bloke next to me who kept on insisting we were watching Sky ... :unsure:

Archived