BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan 0-3 Rovers

WSR, highlights haven't been on sky tonight. It's on at 10:15 if you fancy watching it.

Not sure how you have seen them. I know sky+ is good but I don't think it's capable of letting you view programmes that haven't been aired yet. Just about to watch the highlights myself as I wasn't at the match.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from the game and I am knackered. What a win!!

Not the greatest performance by a long way but we got the points and that is what matters. Nice to see Gally get a run out and also Derbyshire getting hopefully his first of many in a blue and white shirt.

I hope Wigan dont go down as it is one of the better away days.

Maybe WSR saw the highlights of last seasons win and got a bit confused.

Cocker/Manchester Blue - Hung over today by any chance? <_<

WSR, highlights haven't been on sky tonight. It's on at 10:15 if you fancy watching it.

Not sure how you have seen them. I know sky+ is good but I don't think it's capable of letting you view programmes that haven't been aired yet. Just about to watch the highlights myself as I wasn't at the match.

Ricky, you seem to have an obsession with picking holes in WSR's threads. For god's sake give it a rest. Who cares whether he's seen highlights or not?

Does anyone know when Reid, Nelsen and Roberts are back? We have really missed Reid and Nelsen.

I don't know if it's so much when will they be back as it is when will they regain the level of performance they had before the injuries. I am really not holding out much hope that we will see the best of Nelsen and Reid this season, Roberts maybe, he has played a little this term.

Can everyone just calm down a little bit and get some manners and take an effing chill please.

That goes to Axesfirsttouch, Cocker and WSR

plus anyone else who wants to get the boot in.

Shush now, its new year, we've got 9 out of 9 points, scored 6, conceeded 1 (or scored 8 conceeded 7 if you count leArse).

I genuinely dont understand the compulsive lying.

There are many books available in any good public library on the subjects of phsycolology and management. They actually do make fascinating reading. Well I used to think so in my early years in management.

There are many books available in any good public library on the subjects of phsycolology and management. They actually do make fascinating reading. Well I used to think so in my early years in management.

It was all included in my HRM degree, loads of old cobblers if you ask me! :lol:

I genuinely dont understand the compulsive lying.

The latest round of WSR bashing came about not because of anything strictly football or Rovers related but over whether WSR had seen footage of the Niemi injury. He probably has but even if he hasn't it's really neither here or there given the fact he didn't say anything particularly contentious or controversial.

Perhaps we should start a "Bash WSR here" Forum and he can decide whether or not to reply personally to every single insult thereby freeing up the main forum for footballing matters. ;)

P.S. Happy New Year to everyone! :rover:

The latest round of WSR bashing came about not because of anything strictly football or Rovers related but over whether WSR had seen footage of the Niemi injury. He probably has but even if he hasn't it's really neither here or there given the fact he didn't say anything particularly contentious or controversial.

I read it that he claimed to have seen highlights of the Rovers match on Sky?

Oh heck,

Silly boy/girl trolls the brfcs.co.uk with fantasy.

Can we all please get back to the fact that we stuck three past Wigan, another three points and we are now zooming up the league.

Maxi-joy here in the Colin household.

HNY to the lot of you.

I read it that he claimed to have seen highlights of the Rovers match on Sky?

Yes i did, i saw Rovers looking solid, playing well in the second half.

I saw Ghaly being kicked in the face, a tooth flying out of his mouth and blood pouring down his face.

I also saw Niemi doing what i can only describe as one of the bravest goalkeeping jumps i have seen in ages, and landing right on his face!

I didnt see it live, i saw replays!

Accusing somebody of being a "compulsive lier" when you have no proof to back up the matter is rather sad.

Yes i lied about going to '1' Rovers match, this only being because people were getting abusive about me not being able to get to a footie match and not being allowed to voice my opinion because of it.

I do my fair share of research into the team/teams rovers play/our performances and watch every scrap of video i can find about our performance scouring the net for videos and watching SkySports...

Is it wrong for me to voice 'my opinion'... Because if that is so, then the board is going to rather void of opinions because i doubt that everyone who voices there opinion on here gets to rovers matches!!

So, some people think WSR is full of crap, but WSR knows that they think so, and everyone else does too for that matter. We all got that from the first 124884142142142 posts on the subject. And since nothing new is ever being said about the issue, why can't we just keep it out of threads which have nothing to do with it? Maybe start another thread talking about only this, so I (And, I'm sure, a lot of other people who are sick of it as well) can avoid it.

I visit other messageboards for when I want "e-drama", political discussions, movie discussion or even most general football talk. I come to this board for one reason only, discussing Blackburn Rovers. I don't come here to discuss WSR/RTM or any other user. And again, I'm sure that goes for a lot of people, so would it please be possible to not have every single thread be about this?

Yes i did, i saw Rovers looking solid, playing well in the second half.

I saw Ghaly being kicked in the face, a tooth flying out of his mouth and blood pouring down his face.

I also saw Niemi doing what i can only describe as one of the bravest goalkeeping jumps i have seen in ages, and landing right on his face!

I didnt see it live, i saw replays!

Accusing somebody of being a "compulsive lier" when you have no proof to back up the matter is rather sad.

Yes i lied about going to '1' Rovers match, this only being because people were getting abusive about me not being able to get to a footie match and not being allowed to voice my opinion because of it.

I do my fair share of research into the team/teams rovers play/our performances and watch every scrap of video i can find about our performance scouring the net for videos and watching SkySports...

Is it wrong for me to voice 'my opinion'... Because if that is so, then the board is going to rather void of opinions because i doubt that everyone who voices there opinion on here gets to rovers matches!!

EDIT - Sky is clearly different in the South to the northern paradise I live in. Oh well, fantasy land must be "fun"

Cocker may be being unpleasant but he's right. How has he seen replay of our match on Sky? We haven't been on yet and they don't show goals on SSN until much later. It is a nonsense that someone is ruining every thread by posting drivel. No-one is forced to lie that they have been to a match, they choose to lie, it's that simple.

Every time someone contradicts him he resorts as if it's a personal attack when often it's not thus increasing the drivel even more. 4500 posts for someone who has only been on the board a short time is ridiculous. Whilst it is possible to put someone on ignore then threads become bizarre as you wonder who people are responding. Saying that when 50% of posts on the board are by him then it's pretty obvious.

It is making the board a pain to read and despite numerous polite requests to cut down on the number of posts, it just increases. That is why people get ###### off and become unpleasant.

Sums it up perfectly for me.

Quit being so passive or I'll kick yer arse. Just kidding, you are right let's try to all get along. WSR, irritates me sometimes but so do others, just as I no doubt irritate some (maybe all but I don't give a toss). It's life. I can't help but feel his heart is in the right place and he cares about Rovers and after all that's what this here board is all about when we get down to it, isn't it?

Wow... USABLue.... yer going soft !!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

Later I'm going to wade my way through all the rubbish posted in this thread. I may or may not edit it heavily. To say I'm feeling disappointed with the MB this morning is to put it mildly. For the moment I'll presume, like me, mosty people where tired and hungover yesterday. Lets give this WSR bashing a rest.

As for the game? Well I went to the game. We sat fairly low down and the view of the far end of the pitch was awful. Until I watched MOTD I thougt MGP had scored direct!!! Having paid cash on the turnstile, years since I've done that, we were sat on the edge of the Rovers support. This was a very weird feeling as I'm used to being in the middle of the crowd, I felt strangely disconnected. We paid a gob-smacking £48 for myself and Tom, I had thought it very quiet driving to Wigan and when we got near the ground. Hardly surprising at these prices, based on the crowd today (3500/4000 Rovers) Wigan have bigger problems than us.

Later today I'll be writing to Wigan to complain about the highly discriminatory pricing for fans using wheel-chairs. Wigan provide the best facilities I have seen for those using a wheel chair. They also advertise a ticket package for "Disabled and Carer" at £25 the pair. I rang the Wigan TO asking for this package only to be told it was only available to wheelchair users. Clearly wheelchair users require a carer to access the ground, I have no problem with this however the package discriminates heavily against others who require a carer to help them attend games. My Tom could not attend without a carer and I saw two blind fans who would be in the same position. Have to say I feel strongly Wigan are misleading in their advertising and discriminating a against a large number of disabled fans, big mistake.

On to the game. I didn't really enjoy the first half, the view was poor making it hard to decide how well we played in attack and midfield, Wigan offered an easily containable threat. Far from being poor I felt Rovers where simply happy to contain Wigan and wait for our opportunity. Lucas Neil could, and perhaps should, have been sent off. I'm not one of the Neill boo-boys but I found some of his play hard to understand, I think he's trying his best for Rovers and just in a run of poor form. We have seen him do this before and I think the Liverpool thing is exagerating the issue for many.

As Rovers attacked the away end in the second half I had a far better time. Derbyshire looks OK, but like others I'm not going to get over-excited, yet. Gally on the other hand was less impressive. As for Gally getting kicked in the face, losing a tooth and pouring blood? I didn't see anything resembling this. Bentley should not have been booked, he was clearly shoved to the ground. Once we scored the second it was game over; Rovers had controlled most of the first half, in the sense Wigan never really had the chance to threaten, and we dominated the second half quite easily. Sparky seems keen to avoid conceding goals, even at 3-0 he had four defenders back when we attacked and frequently we only had 2/3 players attacking the Wigan goal. I think we could have torn them apart and had 6 or 7 but Hughes opted for containing the game, keeping a clean sheet and going home with an excellent three points.

Back to the ticket pricing. Footie is a drug. After two home wins I just wanted more, disgusted by the pricing my resistance finally broke and paid out for another fix. I sat in the JJB thinking I can't afford this, why am I here. Persuaded myself Tom was having agreat time, it's Christmas, father/son thing etc. All excuses really. I just needed another high, but £48 for two is terrible and Wigan advertise they have "some of the cheapest tickets in the PL". It's too much money and has reinforced my view the PL is vastly over-priced and over-rated as this was an OK game but not £48 worth. Wigan is perhaps 25 minutes in the car for me, had it been Villa, for example, we probably would have stayed home. I can't imagine going away again unless it's very local and/or a holiday fixture. Had we lost to Boro I probably wouldn't have gone to Wigan.

As for Gally getting kicked in the face, losing a tooth and pouring blood? I didn't see anything resembling this.

That would be Hossam Ghaly of Tottenham fame, I believe.

As for Gally, he did ok when involved, we all know he can do some trickery - but he hasn't got the pace or strenght to really make a difference upfront.

On to the game. I didn't really enjoy the first half, the view was poor making it hard to decide how well we played in attack and midfield,

Paul,

You should have moved up and to the side where there was plenty of room and a good view - much better than the Emirates, which people were eulogising about a couple of weeks ago. It looks beautiful but with an awful rake on the seats on the lower tier we were at player eye level on row 12. The JJB may not look as pretty but it provides a much better viewer experience.

Back to the ticket pricing. Footie is a drug. After two home wins I just wanted more, disgusted by the pricing my resistance finally broke and paid out for another fix. I sat in the JJB thinking I can't afford this, why am I here. Persuaded myself Tom was having agreat time, it's Christmas, father/son thing etc. All excuses really. I just needed another high, but £48 for two is terrible and Wigan advertise they have "some of the cheapest tickets in the PL". It's too much money and has reinforced my view the PL is vastly over-priced and over-rated as this was an OK game but not £48 worth. Wigan is perhaps 25 minutes in the car for me, had it been Villa, for example, we probably would have stayed home. I can't imagine going away again unless it's very local and/or a holiday fixture. Had we lost to Boro I probably wouldn't have gone to Wigan.

Think my resilience must be stronger than yours Paul - maybe when my little lad is a bit older I could be in the same position.

However , as you are probably aware I now live in Wigan but stuck to my guns and refused to pay the price of the ticket. Its only 15 mins walk for me, however I was in Accrington for NY Eve but got back to my house just as the game kicked off yesterday.

Surprised at the number of Rovers who travelled but not the attendance from the Wiganers.

Paul,

You should have moved up and to the side where there was plenty of room and a good view - much better than the Emirates, which people were eulogising about a couple of weeks ago. It looks beautiful but with an awful rake on the seats on the lower tier we were at player eye level on row 12. The JJB may not look as pretty but it provides a much better viewer experience.

plenty of space around me Paul. I was on the LHS as you look at the pitch and there was hardly a Rovers fan within 50 seats of me. Great view; spot on for Neil's 2 filthy fouls in the first half ! :D

Archived