BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan 0-3 Rovers

Do you think you could use a tripod with your camera next time :D

Jekyll and Hyde performance today but once we got our game together we were sublime. Bentley was fantastic particularly when he switched wings.

Not a great deal created by the midfield but understandable with Tugay out (although you would haved thought he was playing with the amount of singing)

Not a brilliant first half from Neill but hardly worthy of the criticism he is getting on here.

Onwards and upwards

:lol:

I'll see if they make one for my phone

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super efficient Rovers today.

According to Opta, we had two efforts on target. Hmm so Heskey missed the target? Or perhaps one of the other goals went in despite never being on target? An interesting existential philosophical and physical question.

Another stats web site has us having 6 on target which was more like the game I experienced.

Yeah i know, there images, images dont move...

I saw the Niemi replay on SkySports... :huh: When he went down he waved the physio's onto the pitch with his right arm.

Its also been disclosed on SkySports by Chris Coleman that when he went off to hospital he could feel his body/limbs... A very good sign.

You havent really seen it have you :huh: This is from the same guy that argued to the death about the performance of the rovers players that he saw during a game that he was at only to later come out and say he wasnt there at all - give it a rest dude. I am all for an opinion but when someone CONSTENTLY LIES it gets boring.

Onto Rovers, well done boys, will be good to sit and watch football first with a smile on my face from start to finsih :tu:

GET IN

I doubt that it was 3K from Rovers.

More like less than 2K, our end was only about 1/3 "full" in a section that takes 5K.

Still the Latics turnout was pathetic. I wonder whay it would have been at £15 a ticket...might have topped 15K perhaps

Our end only about a third full?!! I would have said it was 3 quarters full. It was full top to bottom all the way accross (from left to right as you look at the pitch) to the 2nd edge of the 18 yard box!

You havent really seen it have you :huh: This is from the same guy that argued to the death about the performance of the rovers players that he saw during a game that he was at only to later come out and say he wasnt there at all - give it a rest dude. I am all for an opinion but when someone CONSTENTLY LIES it gets boring.

Onto Rovers, well done boys, will be good to sit and watch football first with a smile on my face from start to finsih :tu:

GET IN

Shut up! I lied once because people were constantly telling me that for me to be allowed to give an opinion i had to be at the match. People shouldnt be backed into a situation like that by there fellow fans its disgusting!

I have seen replays of our match today on Sky, our performance was excellent. Although we are still struggling in the first half as aposed to the second. However doing it that way seems to maintain our energy levels. it works...

I "consistently Lie" right sure... How about you give the personal attacks a Rest.... DUDE! mentioning something i have already apologised for is BORING so leave it be...

Shut up! I lied once because people were constantly telling me that for me to be allowed to give an opinion i had to be at the match. People shouldnt be backed into a situation like that by there fellow fans its disgusting!

I have seen replays of our match today on Sky, our performance was excellent. Although we are still struggling in the first half as aposed to the second. However doing it that way seems to maintain our energy levels. it works...

I "consistently Lie" right sure... How about you give the personal attacks a Rest.... DUDE! mentioning something i have already apologised for is BORING so leave it be...

If I were you I really wouldn't bother responding to crap like that wsr, it's not worthy of a response.

Look guys, I know that WSR can be very irritating in lots of ways, but how about if everybody just gives it a rest and sees how things pan out for a while. He IS like the rest of us entitled to his opinion however far off the mark some of us may think it to be. We are each also entitled to OUR opinions and therefore to disagree with each other, but surely we can do this on a friendly basis without getting personal and abusive. Just give the guy a break and let's all enjoy the New Year.

Let it be said once again - YOU ARE A LIAR.

Have you really seen a replay of our match today on sky? As I write this the time is 20:26 I am 99% sure that you HAVE NOT seen our match on sky as yet. If I am wrong then I will apologise to you forever bit as the time has now hit 20:27 and I really dont think you have seen the match on sky you are a liar my friend.

Let it be said once again - YOU ARE A LIAR.

Have you really seen a replay of our match today on sky? As I write this the time is 20:26 I am 99% sure that you HAVE NOT seen our match on sky as yet. If I am wrong then I will apologise to you forever bit as the time has now hit 20:27 and I really dont think you have seen the match on sky you are a liar my friend.

And you cocker are an unpleasant and deliberately provocative boor. Just STOP it now!

Cocker may be being unpleasant but he's right. How has he seen replay of our match on Sky? We haven't been on yet and they don't show goals on SSN until much later. It is a nonsense that someone is ruining every thread by posting drivel. No-one is forced to lie that they have been to a match, they choose to lie, it's that simple.

Every time someone contradicts him he resorts as if it's a personal attack when often it's not thus increasing the drivel even more. 4500 posts for someone who has only been on the board a short time is ridiculous. Whilst it is possible to put someone on ignore then threads become bizarre as you wonder who people are responding. Saying that when 50% of posts on the board are by him then it's pretty obvious.

It is making the board a pain to read and despite numerous polite requests to cut down on the number of posts, it just increases. That is why people get ###### off and become unpleasant.

I doubt that it was 3K from Rovers.

More like less than 2K, our end was only about 1/3 "full" in a section that takes 5K.

Still the Latics turnout was pathetic. I wonder whay it would have been at £15 a ticket...might have topped 15K perhaps

Well I was sat with the Pie Eaters and the Rovers end was well over half full, probably nearer two thirds and if we thought the wheels are dropping at Ewood, the JJB is dying on it's feet.

Clattenburg got just about every decision right, I'm afraid, and was VERY tolerant of Rovers players. Neill SHOULD have gone. He'd been booked and then made a fair tackle and a horrible foul one which would have resulted in a booking any other time. Anyway for the rest of the game he was pointless in a defensive situation (Zurab and Savage made all the left back tackles) Good job we didn't have to do a lot of defending in the second half!

As for Derbs- Clattenburg was going to book him, but Bentley went and explained the situation before he got to the boy, and Clattenburg just told him to get back ready to kick off. I thought that showed admirable humanity.

He was also right for the penalty as it was hand to ball, not ball to hand.

I had a great day today! But they could have moved all of the wigan fans into one of the three open stands and there would still have been spaces!!!

first of all i'll start by wishing everyone a well good happy new year!!

awsome result for rovers today, have to say when i seen the starting 11 with henchoz and mokoena starting i had my doubts but well played, it's a team effort and its 3 wins on the bounce!

from the reports i heard and read, pedersen and derbyshire were our best players with assists from pedersen and a debut goal from derbyshire, happy days!!

first half performance was sloppy but we grew in confidence after the goal and didn't look back by all accounts.

bring on match of the day!!!

Great performance really, it was always going to be scrappy. We held on and took our chances. Zurab and Bentley should not have been booked. Excellent game by Gamst today. All 3 had a very good game, as did Savage, Benni, Henchoz. We are closing in on the chasing pack.

As for the bickering that this thread is littered with, can you PLEASE keep it out of the public eye.. in other words use PM's. It's not what I want to read when coming on here after a game.

Great result and great christmas. Thats 12 points out of a possible 15 since Reading. Before the season I bet my mate a fiver we wud finish higher than Bolton. Thought I had no chance a month ago but now mabye its possible. What do you think. P.s. Does anyone know when Reid, Nelsen and Roberts are back? We have really missed Reid and Nelsen.

Cocker may be being unpleasant but he's right. How has he seen replay of our match on Sky? We haven't been on yet and they don't show goals on SSN until much later. It is a nonsense that someone is ruining every thread by posting drivel. No-one is forced to lie that they have been to a match, they choose to lie, it's that simple.

Every time someone contradicts him he resorts as if it's a personal attack when often it's not thus increasing the drivel even more. 4500 posts for someone who has only been on the board a short time is ridiculous. Whilst it is possible to put someone on ignore then threads become bizarre as you wonder who people are responding. Saying that when 50% of posts on the board are by him then it's pretty obvious.

It is making the board a pain to read and despite numerous polite requests to cut down on the number of posts, it just increases. That is why people get ###### off and become unpleasant.

Yes MB I fully understand what you are saying and why you are saying it. However I do not like to see anyone treated in that bullying manner howeve irritating they may be. As you may be aware I have already tried to offer some guidance to WSR to help him enjoy the use of this excellent site WITHOUT irritating or annoying others. All I am asking now is that everybody steps back and takes a deep breath and just allow a little leeway to WSR and we will hopefully see a change in his style and amount of posts. If it works (as I hope it will) we will then ALL benefit from the site and the various threads being enjoyed by all; including WSR who I am sure has learned a valuable lesson. He just needs a bit of time and space to demonstrate this new image.

Just read that Bently got booked for diving. Misses Arsenal match.

Not good for two reasons. I deplore diving.

He did not dive Al he was pushed.

My two cents, or penneth, or Euros or whatever doesn't offend anyone. First half horrible. Second more like it. I enjoyed some of the show boating later in the 2nd half.

The commentary team today took the gloss off, again. Bound and determined to give Rovers little credit, kept harping on about Bert handballing the clearance off the line. If his hand had not been in front of his body it would have hit his body but would they let go of it nooo. Last five minutes started rattling off about excuses for Wigan.

Not the best football I've seen us play but makeshift team, crappy weather and intense run of games makes it perhaps excusable. I'll take the 3 points.

I thought Zura was a rock at the back today, he had a very solid game. Happy for Matty, Neill was suicidal, hopefully we have a replacement pencilled in and he is off soon. MGP caught my eye a few times today, if he keeps it up I will have to take back all of the bad things I said, well some of them.

Benni was fun to watch, I loved it when he skinned the Wigan player twice in the area, of course once and going for goal would have been the better option.

9 out of 9 over the festive period, can't grumble.

The gap is opening.

Yes MB I fully understand what you are saying and why you are saying it. However I do not like to see anyone treated in that bullying manner howeve irritating they may be. As you may be aware I have already tried to offer some guidance to WSR to help him enjoy the use of this excellent site WITHOUT irritating or annoying others. All I am asking now is that everybody steps back and takes a deep breath and just allow a little leeway to WSR and we will hopefully see a change in his style and amount of posts. If it works (as I hope it will) we will then ALL benefit from the site and the various threads being enjoyed by all; including WSR who I am sure has learned a valuable lesson. He just needs a bit of time and space to demonstrate this new image.

Quit being so passive or I'll kick yer arse. Just kidding, you are right let's try to all get along. WSR, irritates me sometimes but so do others, just as I no doubt irritate some (maybe all but I don't give a toss). It's life. I can't help but feel his heart is in the right place and he cares about Rovers and after all that's what this here board is all about when we get down to it, isn't it?

Archived