BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone recommend life on mars

Loved everything except the last episode which I felt was a huge letdown. I missed it when it was originally shown and had to wait a year or two to watch it so perhaps that was part of the reason. Phil Glennister, alias Gene Hunt, is apparently a genuinely nice guy. My sister-in-law knows him quite well and says he can't get his head round how popular the character is.

How did you think it was a let down? I think they will have to bring out another one!

Well Combo was the best actor and character in the film (don't get me wrong though Shaun was quality too) and we barely saw anything of him in the end when most viewers wouldve been waiting for his return. So many storylines that didn't really come to very much like Milky sleeping with Lol, Meggy's kid, the wedding that was arranged in the final episode, I could go on. The actual quality of the programme, the way it was shot, the direction, the music etc all had a touch of class but I think in the end the first three episodes serving as a build up to the final episode meant the last episode needed to be two hours long to really justify everything that had come before. Still a good series overall though.

Well Combo was the best actor and character in the film (don't get me wrong though Shaun was quality too) and we barely saw anything of him in the end when most viewers wouldve been waiting for his return. So many storylines that didn't really come to very much like Milky sleeping with Lol, Meggy's kid, the wedding that was arranged in the final episode, I could go on. The actual quality of the programme, the way it was shot, the direction, the music etc all had a touch of class but I think in the end the first three episodes serving as a build up to the final episode meant the last episode needed to be two hours long to really justify everything that had come before. Still a good series overall though.

Yeah thats why I was thinking that maybe they have something else lined up (as in we get to see more of combo). Shaun is a ledgend too though.

Glad Lol's dad took a DO NOT BYPASS THE SWEAR FILTER beating though - sick barsteward that he is

And agree about the two hours, although it would nearly border on a film. Do you think they should follow up with a film or another series!?

And agree about the two hours, although it would nearly border on a film. Do you think they should follow up with a film or another series!?

Personally I hope they leave it at that. I thought the series was brilliant, but that's a film and four hour-long episodes now...any more and I think the concept would drag. I actually liked the fact that certain things went unanswered, life is like that - loose ends don't always tie up.

Watch Dead Man's Shoes if you want a Shane Meadows fix - brilliant.

Archived