BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

I have just ordered myself a treat for myself, a DVD box set of.....

What a forward line...........

MacIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt....... brings tears to my eyes.

Davitt once scored with the back of "'is 'ead", from 28 yards.

8 Bloody 1.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree, Boardwalk Empire, Blue Bloods, V (missed the remake first time around), The Thick of It (yep, missed that two), Galactica (seen S1 three times now .... determined to make it onto S2), Lie To Me (yep, missed that first time too), Sopranos (and that) as well as Shameless of course and I've got One Tree Hill and season 2 of Dollhouse stacked up too.

The one that's bothering me is Curb Your Enthusiasm. Loads of people have told me it's right up me street and whilst I see odd moment of it being quite clever and it's certainly an unusual idea, but I just don't find it that funny.

The girlfriend and I just watched Galactica from start to finish over the last few weeks. Very enjoyable overall, but I think it lost direction quite badly towards the end of season 2 and never quite recovered. I think the, er, strange religious/supernatural elements that increased as it went on could have been handled a little better. Quite obvious how much of it was being made up as they went along, but I guess that's probably more noticeable when you watch it in such a compressed period of time.

Probably I'll give Caprica a try now and wait patiently for the Blood and Chrome miniseries.

I agree, Boardwalk Empire, Blue Bloods, V (missed the remake first time around), The Thick of It (yep, missed that two), Galactica (seen S1 three times now .... determined to make it onto S2), Lie To Me (yep, missed that first time too), Sopranos (and that) as well as Shameless of course and I've got One Tree Hill and season 2 of Dollhouse stacked up too.

The one that's bothering me is Curb Your Enthusiasm. Loads of people have told me it's right up me street and whilst I see odd moment of it being quite clever and it's certainly an unusual idea, but I just don't find it that funny.

Larry David is just too annoying and whiny to handle for more than about 10-15 mins at a time.

Benidorm was back on decent form last night not as good as it was but getting better again

It's missing some of the original characters and the replacements are not up to the same standards as Vegas etc. It's still well worth watching though and improving as you get to know the characters.

• Backroom

Donald and jacquleine are still great and sorry about this Abbs but I can't look at Mick Garvey without seeing Abbey.

Shame about the actor who played mel he played a great part as well.

Donald and jacquleine are still great and sorry about this Abbs but I can't look at Mick Garvey without seeing Abbey.

Must have opted out. The programme has lost another great character there. That red haired prawn does nothing for me. Needs to be replaced.

Must have opted out. The programme has lost another great character there. That red haired prawn does nothing for me. Needs to be replaced.

• Backroom

The actor who played mel died last year sadly, I think the tears in the Christmas special may have been genuine.

I'm not liking the new chubby lass really don't see the point.

Noreens daughter sounded familiar straight away and I wasn't surprised to learn she is the daughter of the actress who played Victor Meldrews wife

• Backroom

Ha it ain't personal Abbs it's just he's a straight talking no nonsense Rovers fan.

And it's better than the Nicko - Donald comparisons!

Archived