BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

True Blood Season 3 on FX this Friday - looking forward to that.

Also, the new Sky Atlantic channel looks to have some quality stuff on, and they're planning on re-running entire series such as The Sopranos, 6 Feet Under etc ....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't technically watch it on TV as it was downloaded and I watched it on my Mac, but I finally saw the last episode of HBO's 24 / 7 Penguins v Capitals, Road To The Winter Class the other night. It is easily one of the best series that I've seen. It's only a four part series, but it follows these two teams in the weeks leading up to the NHL Winter Classic, when a regular season game is played out doors in baseball stadium or in this case Heinz Field, home of the Pittsburgh Steelers. The access that HBO are allowed makes for an intriguing insight into the world of hockey and all that goes into it. It also highlights how this two Eastern Conference powerhouses can't stand each other and the on going rivalry between the world's two best players, Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin. The cinematography is unreal. There is a very definite style to these HBO shows, where by focusing in on small details, such as back room staff sharpening skates, kit men washing the shirts, players taping their sticks, fans walking through the city to the games, planes landing at airports, players walking down hallways and playing them in slow motion, you get a greater sense of all that goes on and the passion for the game. A remarkable programme.

I also watched the first two episodes of the new season of Southland which was downloaded from the web. Again, this show is streets a head of a lot of the other duff cop programmes that are shown.

Question time could be fun tonight

On the panel, Alistair Campbell, George Galloway, Simon Hughes, and non other than the most intelligent footballer in England... Clark Carlisle.

Cue your picture of him Gav :lol:

Question time could be fun tonight

On the panel, Alistair Campbell, George Galloway, Simon Hughes, and non other than the most intelligent footballer in England... Clark Carlisle.

Cue your picture of him Gav :lol:

Should be a good episode ...

I was phoned on Monday and invited to be in the Question Time audience - unfortunately have been working abroad this week and only just on the train home now, and for this gig had to be in Burnley by 6.30 tonight.

Gutted now I've seen the panel - I hate three of the above with a passion - could have been a proper night out!!

Should be a good episode ...

I was phoned on Monday and invited to be in the Question Time audience - unfortunately have been working abroad this week and only just on the train home now, and for this gig had to be in Burnley by 6.30 tonight.

Gutted now I've seen the panel - I hate three of the above with a passion - could have been a proper night out!!

At a guess that would be Galloway, Campbell and eeerrrmmm..... oh yeh Gav. :D

Did anyone watch The Great Outdoors on BBC Four when it came out last July? It's a Sitcom about a bunch of Ramblers. Sadly they only made 3 episodes of the first season but I thought it was hilarious. I think it's been re-run on BBC 2 over the past few weeks. Think you can get hold of it on BBC iPlayer, I highly recommend it, there's some notable faces in there too (Ruth Jones, Mark Heap, Kylie Parkinson) .

• 2 weeks later...

There's just too much good stuff on at the moment!!

Watched the first three Broadwalk Empire's - really enjoying that. Stashing up Six Feet Under and Battlestar Galatica on the sky+

Also watched the first of Outcasts on BBC, thought it was good.

There's just too much good stuff on at the moment!!

Watched the first three Broadwalk Empire's - really enjoying that. Stashing up Six Feet Under and Battlestar Galatica on the sky+

Also watched the first of Outcasts on BBC, thought it was good.

Really liking Boardwalk Empire and Blue Bloods on Sky Atlantic.

I am watching Sopranos from teh beginning on Sky Atlantic as I have never watched it before.

I gave Outcasts a chance but thought it was bloody awful and haven't tuned in again.

Human Planet on BBC1 is absolutely brilliant and I urge you all to watch it on iPlayer if you haven't seen it yet.

I am really enjoying Episodes which has followed on from The Trip in that Monday night slot on BBC2 which I loved.

I'll continue the Dexter chat by saying that I recently watched the first two season of the show on DVD (took advantage of Plays £10 for a season deal) and love it. Can't believe that I never got into it before now. I'm also caught up on the 4th season of Californication, which is a really great show.

Archived