BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Started watching Homeland last night, liking it so far. Someone told me it was like 24 but its not really I dont think, apart from theyre both to do with terrorists.

At first i tried watching on 4od but it just kept getting stuck on the adverts so I found it elsewhere!

If anybody missed it last night, please try and watch QPR: A four year plan. It was fascinating watching the behind the scenes stuff, as a lot of it is so close to what is happening now for us, it is unreal (Flavio picking the team, cutting finance, flogging the best players etc).

If anybody missed it last night, please try and watch QPR: A four year plan. It was fascinating watching the behind the scenes stuff, as a lot of it is so close to what is happening now for us, it is unreal (Flavio picking the team, cutting finance, flogging the best players etc).

A strong manager was all it needed now how many have said that in regards to the current state of Rovers.

But then again Amit, Flavio and co. seemed very much hands on, can we really say that about our bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't quite know where to put this but just sat watching ROY (the cartoon boy program from CBBC) with the menaces and guess what? Irish cartoon boy, Roy, is a Rovers fan! He had a poster of a Rovers player in his school locker.

Started watching Homeland last night, liking it so far. Someone told me it was like 24 but its not really I dont think, apart from theyre both to do with terrorists.

I've seen the whole series and it's excellent.

I really enjoyed that programme. I was thinking the same thing about our owners. God, wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in the meetings that go on and have gone on at Rovers over the last 18 months.

Elsewhere, I've been catching up on my Californication recently. I love that show. I've also been watching the HBO show Luck. I thought it was excellent, but sadly it has been cancelled because too many horses have died in the making of it. I can't for the return of Game Of Thrones and Mad Men.

I've seen the whole series and it's excellent.

I really enjoyed that programme. I was thinking the same thing about our owners. God, wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in the meetings that go on and have gone on at Rovers over the last 18 months.

Elsewhere, I've been catching up on my Californication recently. I love that show. I've also been watching the HBO show Luck. I thought it was excellent, but sadly it has been cancelled because too many horses have died in the making of it. I can't for the return of Game Of Thrones and Mad Men.

Agreed on homeland, Roy.

Ive got Luck to watch. Has it really been cancelled ? I thought it was a mischeivous internet rumour ?

Cant wait for Game of Thrones, and Mad Men is simply the greatest TV show ever made.

I'm contemplating having a Mad Men marathon in anticipation of its return. :D

Magic City starts in april and also looks interesting. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/starz-magic-city-renewal-jeffrey-dean-morgan-301921

my australian relatives also pointed me in the direction of 'UNDERBELLY' series basted on true 'gangsters' and events (in australian history). well worth watching.

I'm into my racing, so I was really looking forward to Luck, big let down, I thought it was beyond dull.

Think HBO have used the animal welfare thing as a smokescreen to give it the hook.

Hmmm, might be getting back heeled off the old Sky+ box then - 1tb box and I still manage to struggle for space!

Went downhill when they introduced the girlfriends.

Buzzinga!

I know what you mean - a little more mainstream in that regard. Still funny though.

"Two and a Half Men" is now barely watchable after Charlie Sheen went all "winning" and slagged off the producer - who subsequently binned him. Silly boy.

Favourite sitcom at the moment is "Rules of Engagement" on Comedy Central.

On the drama side, just started watching "Touch" with Keifer Sutherland (well, he's in it, not beside me on the settee). Excellent - if slightly far fetched pilot. Deserves a few more watches at least.

"Alcatraz" on Watch is also an interesting idea, the second episode better than the pilot. It's a bit like Quantum Leap in reverse. Can see it being canned though at some point soon.

Just finished 'Battlestar Galactica' - absolutely outstanding. Hands down the best sci-fi TV series ever made IMO.

Also watched the last of season 2 of 'The Walking Dead' which bodes very well for season 3. Along with 24 and Mad Men (and BSG!) been the best TV series of the last few years for me.

Just started on season 3 of 'Eastbound And Down' - Kenny Powers is awesome!

Titanic on Itv. What a load of rubbish!

I've known you how many years? And you sound surprised!

Wiped luck off my sky zzzzz

Watched touch and can't make my mind up but also been watching Alcatraz and like it . Maybe cos I got locked in on the island trip .

It seems to have been produced as a period drama. Not my cup of tea.

What.. a drama of the period on 1912 you mean ?

maybe they shouldve updated it to now ? or done a space version! :P

i wouldve preferred that to the kate and leo version!

-sorry stuart. I know what you mean. couldnt help myself.

Not watched it yet.

A 4 part drama seems to be just so ITV can drag it out for as long as possible!

Archived