BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Game Of Thrones what can i say but superb. Casting, acting, storytelling it is is epic

I've been watching it too. It was filmed just down the road from me and I know one or two people who worked on it. A friend of mine who is an actor was called in to do a reading one day with Sean Bean and Aiden Gillen, which he said was great. He hoped to have been given a small part but nothing materialised. A friend of my Dad's was briefly in the 2nd episode until the wolf got him! I've enjoyed it so far and can't wait to see some action, particularly the White Walkers!

I also saw the first two episodes of the new series of the HBO show, In Treatment, starring Gabriel Byrne. I never saw the first series, but liked what I saw in these two episodes and look forward to a few more to come.

I watched the first two of three parts of Exile with John Simm. After screwing up his career in London, he moves back north and lives with his sister and dad who has got bad Alzheimers. It is all about him trying to find out the reason why he left home years ago.

Thought it was really good, and looking forward to watching the last one tonight.

I’m currently watching the 'Wootton Bassett the town that remembers' on BBC one. Finding the program incredibly moving but at the same time its making me very proud to be British. What these people have done and the compassion they have shown is incredible, the honour of a royal title to the town is fully deserved.

It’s worth a watch for those that haven’t seen it (BBC iPlayer if you missed it) but beware you may shed a tear or two.

SKY + it,watching later this week.Been watching Treme its very good.

I've just finished watching the first three episodes of the second season and it is just as good, if not better.

Has anyone seen the programme on Sky Atlantic called In Treatment, staring Gabriel Byrne? It's a most interesting show as each episode lasts as long as a therapy session. I'm really enjoying what I've seen so far.

• 3 weeks later...

The Damned United - the film of Brian Clough's 44 days at Leeds United - and an hour-long documentary about Clough that followed it was compelling viewing for all those who remember the great years in English football in the 1970s and 1980s. Wonderful performance by the actor who played Clough.

Sad too to see great players from those days now they are old men.

• Moderation Lead

The Damned United - the film of Brian Clough's 44 days at Leeds United - and an hour-long documentary about Clough that followed it was compelling viewing for all those who remember the great years in English football in the 1970s and 1980s. Wonderful performance by the actor who played Clough.

Sad too to see great players from those days now they are old men.

Fully agreed Jim, I read Brian Clough's autobiography whilst on holiday last year and when I came back I managed to catch the Damned United and the documentary then- terrific stuff, a shame I'm only young enough to remember the tail-end of Brian Clough's career as he was a complete legend!

• 3 months later...

Anyone else enjoy watching Last Night of the Proms?!

(Got the US Open semi-finals on our second screen ... but I do genuinely enjoy the music and the whole occasion of Last Night).

Tris, I'm torn. Love the whole occasion and the external broadcasts, and as a patriot and one that holds great store in tradition, they are great.

But I can't stand the knobheads in the stalls area right in front of the conductor !

• Backroom

I caught the last 30 minutes which to be honest is all I care about being a bit uncouth and that.

Real goosebumps moment for me though every year with Land of hope and glory and in particulary Jerusalem. Makes you proud.

Archived