BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

Did anyone see Tabloid: Sex in chains on BBC 4 last night, it was a true story about a former Miss Wyoming, Joyce McKinney who in the 70's fell in love with a mormon named Kirk Anderson who then disappeared to England, she hatched a plan to go to England and with the help of a friend and a hired pilot and bodyguard to get Anderson back.

What followed was a story of her chaining up Anderson to have sex with him so she broke his religion, she was then arrested for kidnapping and eventually fled to USA and thats only half the story because once the press got hold of it, alot more came to light about Joyce McKinney.

Anderson who lives in the USA declined to tell his side of the story.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'One Night' on BBC1 last night was really good - very powerful, well acted and quite disturbing. Next episode of it is on tonight - the same events but from a different character's viewpoint.

Have recorded it, sounded promising.

Mad Men back on tonight, Sky-plussed for tomorrow! :)

Mad Men is just brilliant. :tu:

Agreed. Also I well liked all the advert breaks during it on Sky yesterday, interesting to see what was around back then that's still here today. Who knew Pringles were around in the 60s!

Alcatraz is pretty good, as is Castle

Aye started watching Alcatraz over the weekend, I'm 5 in at the moment and I like it.

Also caught the last two episodes of Those Who Kill, another Danish drama on ITV3. It's not quite as good as Killing or Borgen but still decent.

If Premier League teams were Westerosi

It's pretty good. Some mild season 2 spoilers in there, mostly to do with mentioning characters that have yet to show up but nothing really about what'll happen to them, nothing that'll ruin your enjoyment. With two exeptions; Arsenal and Tottenham. Might want to skip those if you want to stay spoiler free.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had quite a few things on the Sky+ over the last couple of weeks, namely Mad Men and Game Of Thrones. I'm in the middle of reading book four of Game Of Thrones and something truly shocking just happened. I won't say what it is, but the way that the proceeding chapters and the chapter where the event takes place is written creates a really uneasy atmosphere.

Mad Men has been excellent as usual.

I've also been watching season 2 of the American version of The Killing. It's a bloody great show.

I have some episodes of Breaking Bad and Magic City that I want to get a look at too.

Watched the first two episodes of 'The Bridge' that I had Sky+. It will have to go some way to match the high standards of Forbrydelsen, (The Killing) but I enjoyed the first two episodes so far and the detective really is an unusual but interesting character.

My jaw dropped at the end of last night's Game of Thrones. :o

I've had quite a few things on the Sky+ over the last couple of weeks, namely Mad Men and Game Of Thrones. I'm in the middle of reading book four of Game Of Thrones and something truly shocking just happened. I won't say what it is, but the way that the proceeding chapters and the chapter where the event takes place is written creates a really uneasy atmosphere.

I presume that you're reading the UK paperback edition, where book 3 is split into two? So you'd be like 2/3 through A Storm of Swords?

If so I know exactly what you mean :D Everyone has the reaction of "What the (Please don't use that word again) just happened? Did it really happen?". In a good way.

Watched the first two episodes of 'The Bridge' that I had Sky+. It will have to go some way to match the high standards of Forbrydelsen, (The Killing) but I enjoyed the first two episodes so far and the detective really is an unusual but interesting character.

My jaw dropped at the end of last night's Game of Thrones. :o

They've conflated two event from the book. What she shot out of her hooha is first glimpsed in A Clash of Kings offing a fairly major character without the context of where it's come from. The scene that played out on TV actually occurs at a later point with respect to taking out a minor character who does not appear. Essentially that final scene was written in the novels to take place at a later point from when the screeching shadow claims its first victim however the series has placed the birthing scene before the death of the first victim.

Archived