BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton

The tickets will cost Rovers fans £32 for Bolton away as it is Category B - Bolton-Rovers ticket details.

However in other areas of the ground Bolton fans can watch the game for as little as £28 (East/West Lower) or even £24 (North/South Lower).

That doesn't seem quite fair to me...we charge them the same low price as anywhere in the stadium then they make sure we have to pay top whack at theirs while other Bolton fans can save the best part of a tenner in comparison.

The £32 of course also represents over twice as much as their fans were charged.

I reckon we charge them £64 next time at Ewood then, and see what happens.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just sent this to Bolton via email.....

Dear Sir,

I am writing to express my disgust at your recent announcement of ticket prices for the Boton v Blackburn game. As a Blackburn fan, I feel you are not returning the favour from our earlier meeting in the season, when we only charged your fans £15 to sit at Ewood.

Do you not realise you will have lots of empty seats in that away end, just like there was against Manchester City, when their fans also chose to boycott attending?!

I'm sure Boltons gates have gone down, each season, for the past 3 years havent they? Pricing away fans out of TELEVISED games surely doesnt help does it?

BWFC should charge Chelsea fans £48 (they amount they rip away fans off each week) and BRFC what we charged you (£15), its only fair + gives the game more of an atmosphere in a Lancashire Derby with sell out crowds in both ends. Instead, both ends wont be anywhere near sold out. Is this what football has come to? To me, its pure greed!

Imagine the uproar if BRFC fans went to the Reebok, got in for £15 and we charged your fans £32?!!!!

I wouldnt mind, but the Reeboks hardly the San Siro is it?

Regards,

A disgruntled Blackburn fan.

It a bit off that they aren't returning the favour to our fans, even £20 tickets wouldn't be too bad.

Anyone wanting to vent anger at their ticket office could always email...

mailto:feedback@bwfc.co.uk

done...oops i never saved it..but it was a good abbey rant.

Dear Sir,

I am writing to express my disgust at your recent announcement of ticket prices for the Boton v Blackburn game. As a Blackburn fan, I feel you are not returning the favour from our earlier meeting in the season, when we only charged your fans £15 to sit at Ewood.

Do you not realise you will have lots of empty seats in that away end, just like there was against Manchester City, when their fans also chose to boycott attending?!

I'm sure Boltons gates have gone down, each season, for the past 3 years havent they? Pricing away fans out of TELEVISED games surely doesnt help does it?

BWFC should charge Chelsea fans £48 (they amount they rip away fans off each week) and BRFC what we charged you (£15), its only fair + gives the game more of an atmosphere in a Lancashire Derby with sell out crowds in both ends. Instead, both ends wont be anywhere near sold out. Is this what football has come to? To me, its pure greed!

Imagine the uproar if BRFC fans went to the Reebok, got in for £15 and we charged your fans £32?!!!!

Regards,

dear A disgruntled Blackburn fan,

we dont care about you inbreds we love ripping fans off.

You need to to geography bolton isnt lancashire no more we are in the great city of manchester.

No our great stadium isnt the san siro it the great breezeblock with dangly wiress and no ceiling tiles ,its the greatest in the world.

and as for us being greedy.......hahaahahaahahahaahahahaha

regards mr feedback

I was hoping to take my little brother to this game but at that price they can shove it up there arse

I'll quite happily save myself £68 for the price of tickets and coach plus food and drinks and watch it on TV which will only cost me about £10 on beers.

just had a reply

Thank you for your email concerning the forthcoming Bolton Wanderers FC vs Blackburn Rovers FC fixture.

Bolton Wanderers FC monitor attendances on an annual basis and we review our prices accordingly, and indeed after considering the attendance at the corresponding fixture last season, we have dropped the match category for this fixture from A to B which means that there has been a 10% drop in the price compared to the fixture last season. I appreciate that this reduced price is not the same ticket price as the Blackburn Rovers FC vs Bolton Wanderers FC fixture, however Blackburn Rovers offered this as a promotional incentive.

Bolton Wanderers FC reserves the right to offer discounted prices for a number of fixtures over the course of the season (as do Blackburn Rovers) and this season we have offered discounted prices for the following fixtures; West Ham Utd, Charlton Athletic and Fulham. We will continue to monitor attendances for every fixture going forward and will adjust our prices accordingly for the remainder of the season and for subsequent seasons. Indeed, our announcement today on the reduction of 2007/08 season ticket prices (compared to 2006/07 prices) is just one of a range of pricing initiatives that we are planning.

I would like to thank you for your correspondence as all feedback, whether negative or positive, is greatly appreciated by the Club and if you have any further comments or questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With Kind Regards,

Mike

Mike Needham

Marketing Manager

Bolton Wanderers FC

Dear Sir,

Regards,

Adding my letter to BWFC

Hello

Sad to see you are trying to sell tickets for the Blackburn fixture at £32, when BR charged BW fans £15. And for it created a very good atmosphere in the ground.

The choice you have made to repay such a forward thinking move, is to keep your stadium empty by charging too much for your product.

Long may it continue, long may the decline of BWFC continue, that's what you are asking for, that's what you will get.

Our planned family and friends trip to BWFC - BRFC has been cancelled due to expenses and poor feeling towards BWFC for the lack of foresight in repaying the £15 ticket price we charge BWFC fans.

Regards

just had a reply

Thank you for your email concerning the forthcoming Bolton Wanderers FC vs Blackburn Rovers FC fixture.

Bolton Wanderers FC monitor attendances on an annual basis and we review our prices accordingly,

Bolton Wanderers FC reserves the right to offer discounted prices for a number of fixtures over the course of the season (as do Blackburn Rovers) and this season we have offered discounted prices for the following fixtures; West Ham Utd, Charlton Athletic and Fulham. We will continue to monitor attendances for every fixture going forward and will adjust our prices accordingly for the remainder of the season and for subsequent seasons.

With Kind Regards,

Mike

Mike Needham

Marketing Manager

Bolton Wanderers FC

So there it is guys n'gals. Straight from the horses mouth. If you want cheaper tickets in the future at the Reebok then don't bloody well go this year! Simple as. :rover:

And this guy Mike Needham calls himself a "marketing manager" :lol: How mischievous would it be to forward this correspondence to all Prem clubs MB's?

btw...Can we assume by that announcement that next years match v City will be heavily discounted now. <_<

What I don't understand is: How are they getting away with charging their own fans less than the away fans for corresponding categories? I thought that was against the Prem's rules.

They aren't....they are doing what we do by charging high prices in opposite areas of the ground...e.g. Darwen End/Blackburn End. Most likely their corresponding area will be largely unaffected as it will have a high concentration of season ticket holders.

However what is a bit dodgy is that we are situated in the South Stand Upper - prices £32. Bolton now refuse to allocate us tickets in the South Stand Lower (same stand but different tier) but instead give them to home fans...for £24. I'm not sure how well that would hold up if taken to Trading Standards...

Any chance of starting an official 'boycott Bolton' like City did?

Why don't they put it on the big screen at Ewood and let people in for £2-£3 or free.

- that would be brilliant and not put the money in Bolton's back pockets (or Big Sam's alledgedly)

They aren't....they are doing what we do by charging high prices in opposite areas of the ground...e.g. Darwen End/Blackburn End. Most likely their corresponding area will be largely unaffected as it will have a high concentration of season ticket holders.

However what is a bit dodgy is that we are situated in the South Stand Upper - prices £32. Bolton now refuse to allocate us tickets in the South Stand Lower (same stand but different tier) but instead give them to home fans...for £24. I'm not sure how well that would hold up if taken to Trading Standards...

It’ll help if you get your facts right.

Away fans are allocated the upper tier of the South Stand and half of the lower tier. The upper tier is allocated first unless there is likely to be a very small number of away fans as would be the case with Fulham and Charlton.

Despite the snivelling on here, there will be too many Blackburn fans to be accommodated in half the lower tier, so they'll will get the upper tier. If that sells out (unlikely) Blackburn can take the tickets in the lower tier.

On a slightly separate note, the Man City boycott never happened. They sold out the upper tier (2,000 fans) but didn't take up the lower tier allocation. The TV cameras focused on this empty bit of the ground in their attempts to give a false impression. Obviously it succeeded.

Well for the first time since we started playing Bolton at the Freezeblock I shall NOT be going. This decision is made PURELY on price and the questionable ethics of charging Rovers fans twice what BRFC charged their supporters at Ewood.

On a slightly separate note, the Man City boycott never happened. They sold out the upper tier (2,000 fans) but didn't take up the lower tier allocation. The TV cameras focused on this empty bit of the ground in their attempts to give a false impression. Obviously it succeeded.

So City would normally bring just 2,000 to Bolton then?

So City would normally bring just 2,000 to Bolton then?
A few more than that. The numbers were down, but not by the huge amount that has been claimed. City's away support has been slowly dwindling for the past three seasons.

City took 4k last season, it was an organised boycott, I work in manchester for their largest employer, and as you all know, the only Manchester supporters in Manchester wear sky blue, they all assure me that it was an organised boycott and they only wished they had started it sooner than they did, as did some of the guys who had already bought tickets at that point.

Let's organise a boycott, I'm up for it, could get a load of leaflets printed and ready for Thursday? We need to let all the other MB's know?

Any thoughts?

p.s. There are 6 of us that went last year def. not going and 2 more that couldn't go last year but would of this year, none of the guys in the BBE near me are going either (And I saw them all last year)

I'll E Mail W*anky and see if they give me the same line...

Archived