BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Effective Parenting

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like how people say good work. How do you know that particular time wasn't the worst lay of her life and one of his worst performances ever?!?!?

Looking at the dates, it is possible that we both may have been a bit drunk...

Congratulations. It is essential that you pamper Mrs Oz. Lots of tlc and spoiling; breakfast in bed, carry the shopping, make her tea/coffee as required, and cater to her every whim and need. ;)

So no change there then...

...not going to be a @#/? is it?!? :o

Eddie-are you drunk?

It was supposed to be something of a double entendre actually. Obviously wasn't taken that way. I'm not exactly inclined to pass judgement on people I've never met, so I'm sorry that anyone may have taken it that way, I thought my somewhat rare use of a smiley face might have given it away.

It was supposed to be something of a double entendre actually

You're still not making sense.

Hours later, and despite posting on other threads this one remains untouched. Eddie you owe Oz a proper explanation for a seemingly crass remark . <_<

Well, if you put together thenos comment with my own regarding double entendre I think most will get it.

I didn't realise that the issue would be treated so seriously. I apologise to ozzie if this is a sensitive subject, but I assumed, quite possibly incorrectly, that he was entirely comfortable with the situation.

Apology accepted Eddie-It was such a potentially offensive remark I just assumed that you must have got lashed up on Ricard out the back of that Parisian Bar you work in...and gave you the benefit of the doubt. :unsure:

SHOULD OZZ GET DIVORCED AND REMARRIED BEFORE THE BIRTH OF HIS NEW BABY IN NOVEMBER

Quite a catchy poll title.

Got the 12 week scan at 3pm today, fingers crossed for everything!

Hard to see where to fit a Grooby option in to that one.

Good luck this arvo!

We used Calgel or Bonjela on our son when he was teething (still is at 18 months !) and Calpol (Magic Medicine !). You really have to put them to bed and then walk out of the room and leave them to it. I can tell when my son is just having a whine as opposed to a full blown sob. The first few weeks are the hardest when you're trying to get them to go to sleep on their own, but it does get easier with time. If the crying is grating you really have to leave the room and calm down. Taking a minute out will really help. I have shouted maybe once or twice in 18 months an feel like a complete sh*t afterwards. Try some toys in bed - we bought a little musical Fimble that does the trick. Also try plenty of milk before bedtime and when you're weening the liitle chap try farleys rusks (lots of milk to start with) judst before bed - that used to put our James out for the count !

At the end of the day, until they are old enough to tell you what's wrong you just have to rely on your parenting instincts. We all have them I'm afraid, even the hardened bachelors amongst us !

Good luck and PM me if you want any further advice - for what its worth.

Accyrover

Thanks Accy very kind offer and advice.

Scan was brill, it's not twins or more thank god! All looked OK, was quite moving seeing a baby shape for the 1st time. Due on the 15th November, the busiest week of the year at work-little bugger!

Being a bit of a bore about this already aren't I !

(bothered!)

Thanks Accy very kind offer and advice.

Scan was brill, it's not twins or more thank god! All looked OK, was quite moving seeing a baby shape for the 1st time. Due on the 15th November, the busiest week of the year at work-little bugger!

Being a bit of a bore about this already aren't I !

(bothered!)

You wait, you'll be getting "My wife/partner is pregnant" into every conversation you have for the next few months. Which is polite speak for "MY SEED, IT WORKS!!!"

Me the missus just had our first in March, we had identical twin girls....double trouble!!! :lol:

Congratulations! However, you ain't had no trouble yet. Give it sixteen years or so............................. <_<

My little terror has just turned two and is a very cheeky little monkey! The terrible twos are coming on strong but he's so gorgeous I don't mind.

Hooray for children everywhere.

Archived