BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Ground/prices/redovelopment.....

again i need some help/information for the pieces im writing about rovers......

what where the prices for the blackburn end around 1990?? kids and adults.....or any other prices for the years after too.....also.....season tickets..etc etc...or any of the other stands.....what was the last game with the old blackburn end -1993???

in what order did the stands get knocked down in?? i can remember being there a few times when they were building stuff, but not clearly exactly what they were doin.......

thanks......

what where the prices for the blackburn end around 1990?? kids and adults.....or any other prices for the years after too.....also.....season tickets..etc etc...or any of the other stands.....what was the last game with the old blackburn end -1993???

in what order did the stands get knocked down in?? i can remember being there a few times when they were building stuff, but not clearly exactly what they were doin.......

thanks......

The old Riverside was the first to be replaced by the Walkersteel, then (I think) it was in this order:

Darwen End, Blackburn End and then the Nuttall St. It all happened from around Feb 93 to the end of the 94 season. All of a sudden, we had a new stadium to be proud of!

As for ticket costs - i think it was about £8 in 1990 but not 100%

The old Riverside was the first to be replaced by the Walkersteel, then (I think) it was in this order:

Darwen End, Blackburn End and then the Nuttall St. It all happened from around Feb 93 to the end of the 94 season. All of a sudden, we had a new stadium to be proud of!

As for ticket costs - i think it was about £8 in 1990 but not 100%

cheers for that manc rover.....but.....

the season ticket prices?????

and the riverside went earlier, around 90/91 right??

thanks......

8th of May 1993 against Sheffield Wednesday. I have a framed watercolour painting entitled " Blackburn End....The Last Match" which shows the old Nuttal St entrance with crowds of Rovers fans in their Rovers colours going down the street to the ground. It hangs on the wall in my study. Rovers won 1-0 (Sherwood) and finished 4th in the PL. The BBE was demolished two days later.

I'm fairly sure that the BBE in 1990 was 4.50 a game for an adult. In the 91/92 promotion season, tickets (most of the games were all ticket) were 5.50 a piece.

The Riverside as we know it now opened at the beginning of the 90/91 season. I think the first home game of that season was Hull City (when David Mail received a tremendous reception from the Rovers fans.)

I'm fairly sure that the BBE in 1990 was 4.50 a game for an adult. In the 91/92 promotion season, tickets (most of the games were all ticket) were 5.50 a piece.

The Riverside as we know it now opened at the beginning of the 90/91 season. I think the first home game of that season was Hull City (when David Mail received a tremendous reception from the Rovers fans.)

nice one.....keep em comin :tu:

I think the first home game of that season was Hull City (when David Mail received a tremendous reception from the Rovers fans.)

why did david mail get a big reception?

I have a ticket here for the Blackburn End Enclosure Vs Bristol Rovers. Tuesday 12th March 1991 and it was indeed £4.50. Actually mine has GUEST stamped across it as my dad used to get free tickets through the police.

The next season it had gone up to £5 which was more than justified in the ticket being slightly bigger but now with a "Club Sponsor - Matthew Brown" logo in the top right hand corner.

My first seaon ticket as a junior in 1992/93 was £126 for the Walkersteel.

Is anyone else sad enough to keep all their tickets?

1991/92 was the first season I didn't get my junior season ticket (I missed a few games of the 90/91 season and my dad wouldn't buy one for me!).

Then Jack came to the forefront and Dalglish arrived and it all went crazy. I bought a half season ticket and I think it cost me about £57.00 !!

My Adult Blackburn End season ticket for 1989-90 cost £60. The next season it went up to £67.50. I then moved to the newly-seated Riverside and got it for £60. Then the prices went up and up and up..............

If prices had followed UK inflation, that would be 103.18 this year. Add on, say, a 50% premium for Prem league and you'd be at 150 quid.

Time to rifle through the drawers (oooer)..........

Quite a few from 91 - 92 BBE Enclosure £5

Play off semi final (May 92) BBE Enclosure £5

Play off final (May 92) at Wembley £19

Coca Cola Cup semi final (Feb 93) BBE Enclosure £7

v Everton, Prem league (Dec 93) BBE £10

and here's one for ebay......

v Newc, Prem league (May 95, VE night) Walkersteel £14

8th of May 1993 against Sheffield Wednesday. I have a framed watercolour painting entitled " Blackburn End....The Last Match" which shows the old Nuttal St entrance with crowds of Rovers fans in their Rovers colours going down the street to the ground. It hangs on the wall in my study. Rovers won 1-0 (Sherwood) and finished 4th in the PL. The BBE was demolished two days later.

The Brown Cow on LBR has a picture of the BBE being demolished. :(

:brfc:

Archived