Trinidad

Stockholm

Bern

Vienna

Mustang

Jaguar

Montreal

The list is endless,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

Which were the white trainers with red and blue stripes and weights in the heels?

Very big in the 80's and made a recent comeback - LA?

Many many great ones:

Samba

Gazelle

Tobacco

Munchen

Trimm Trabb

Riviera

Stan Smith

Tahiti

Rom

Trinidad

Stockholm

Bern

Vienna

Mustang

Jaguar

Montreal

The list is endless,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

One of the biggest addidas trainers in the early eighties worn by the Blackburn casuals was the ...red adidas swiss.. anyone remember them in fact if you were naughty did you have a pair.

Highfield Road was in the Hillfields area of Coventry, which is/was pretty damn rough. Doesn't help that there is a massive Tesco near the Ricoh that sells cheap booze. Even if you can't drink on the premises of Tesco or the Ricoh, you could probably get away with it.

My friend bought an appartment on the old city ground 18 months ago and i can assure you it is still pretty rough - someone was stabbed there in the middle of the road the other week and whenever you drive up the main road to the new estate their are prostitutes lining the street! Apart from that the estate is stunning! :D

I have been to the Ricoh a couple of times - the most recent we ended up in the corner of the stadium with what can only be described as a bunch of immature idiots - ###### up teenages who did not watch the game but basically fought amongst themselves the whole of the game! We moved away from them and I haven't ever felt the need to move for own safety! I didnt know Coventry fans were notorious though - never experienced anything like that previously going on Rover's away games and as a student to watch Coventry regularly but that last game was an eye opener!

I know no area is perfect but we are very wary about where we go out in Coventry and are very careful about the bars we go to and the way we get to these bars ie never walk through the city centre and certain parts of the sky dome.

I didnt know Coventry fans were notorious though - never experienced anything like that previously going on Rover's away games

not just away games Hannah - there have also been 'incidents ' at Ewood - not regular but enough for them not to be classed as non-entities.

My friend bought an appartment on the old city ground 18 months ago and i can assure you it is still pretty rough - someone was stabbed there in the middle of the road the other week and whenever you drive up the main road to the new estate their are prostitutes lining the street! Apart from that the estate is stunning! :D

I have been to the Ricoh a couple of times - the most recent we ended up in the corner of the stadium with what can only be described as a bunch of immature idiots - ###### up teenages who did not watch the game but basically fought amongst themselves the whole of the game! We moved away from them and I haven't ever felt the need to move for own safety! I didnt know Coventry fans were notorious though - never experienced anything like that previously going on Rover's away games and as a student to watch Coventry regularly but that last game was an eye opener!

I know no area is perfect but we are very wary about where we go out in Coventry and are very careful about the bars we go to and the way we get to these bars ie never walk through the city centre and certain parts of the sky dome.

are the coventry city casuals known as the "cov legion?"

My sister's husband had to deal with enough fights after football matches, especially when Cardiff or Portsmouth were in town (he's a policeman). Apparently he came home with his shirt covered in blood, someone elses, after a huge fight kicked off in that square with a couple of bars and the noodle bar. And I have to say that after walking through Wood End one day, I'm happy to skip that experience again. It looks like Baghdad.

My friend Paul goes to some home games as well.

P.S. I still wear my blue Doc Martins, but can anyone tell me where I can get the proper polish for them? I can only find really dark blue polish, and the offical site didn't seem to sell any.

Today is Malta's Victory Day which marks the date in 1565 when the Knights of St John defeated the army and navy of Suleiman the Magnificent.

In their wisdom, UEFA and the Maltese and Turkish FAs have scheduled the Malta v Turkey European qualifier for this evening at Ta 'Qali!

Could be tasty- I am going but will give the Millennium Stand a miss.

Police advice for caution for Malta-Turkey game

by Valerie Fenech, di-ve news

TA' QALI, Malta (di-ve news) -- September 08, 2007 -- 1120CEST -- The Police Commissioner adviced for caution for supporters who will be heading to the National Stadium on Saturday evening for the much awaited Malta-Turkey game.

In a statement, the Police said that the road in front of the Millenium stand will be closed for traffic as it will serve as a parking area for coaches, buses and mini-vans.

Anyone entering the Stadium will have to undergo the necessary security checks and any fog horns, coloured smoke canisters, or any other type of fireworks will be confiscated.

The Police also adviced that abusive behaviour and offensive vocabulary are not allowed in the Stadium and within its vicinity, while persons under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to enter the Stadium.

More about the build up here: http://www.di-ve.com/dive/portal/portal.jhtml?id=286611

Abbey just remembered - I saw steam coming out of your ears Sunday, did somebody rattle your cage at the turnstiles as you looked ready to blow?

a stupid woman steward who sat me on a naughty chair for standing up!!!

BEFORE THE GAME!!!!!!

SHOWED ME UP BIG TIME WAS ON MY MY WAY TO THE TICKET OFFICE TO GET MY TWO SEASON TICKET MONEY BACK ...SHE WAS A DISGRASE !!!!!

OK, odd place to write a report of the Malta-Turkey game but what a fantastic night- great atmosphere, no trouble.

Turkey had no answer for the pace of Cohen, Schembri and Woods all night and were very fortunate not to lose. As it was, a couple of scrambled equalisers shortly after Malta had scored gave them a 2-2 draw but Malta had FOUR break aways as Turkey tried to press for all three points in the final ten minutes and everyone of them was worked into a goal scoring opportunity which was missed.

The Malta team's organisation was exemplary but the Turks' over-elaboration played into the home side's strengths. It was a game Tugay would have shone in- the physically small Maltese would not have troubled him and his range and variety of passing combined with his willingness to ping in shots from distance testing Malta's (very good) midget keeper was badly missed.

As it was, Tuncay was very evident all over midfield but for all the pretty stuff he inflicted zero damage on Malta. Altintop scored Turkey's first equaliser via the cross bar and keeper's backside.

Norwegians will be happy with this result but be warned, Norway will have to play a great deal better than of late to avoid defeat in Malta in November.

a stupid woman steward who sat me on a naughty chair for standing up!!!

BEFORE THE GAME!!!!!!

SHOWED ME UP BIG TIME WAS ON MY MY WAY TO THE TICKET OFFICE TO GET MY TWO SEASON TICKET MONEY BACK ...SHE WAS A DISGRASE !!!!!

I absolutely agree with your post and one earlier made by Stu about customer service. It's time these sort of jobsworths remember that supporters are paying customers. Maybe an item for the Fans Forum together with a suggestion that the said 'lady' is sent over to the Darwen End for a stint - it appeared to me that there were quite a few standers over there she might enjoy a tussle with :angry: .

Obviously there are rules about various things but there are ways of dealing with them with common sense, manners and without attitude.

Oh Ribblesdale :lol:

Remember a few pairs o' them sprayed in blue n white halves :lol:

Surprised you didn't see them pr***s outside moorgate, we was passing in car when it happened.

Not condoning any of it but was hoping the pub would empty and kick the bullying scumbags all the way back to mancland.

The free paper arrived on Friday and it is front page about the Coventry Vs Preston trouble. Apparently the steward is still in critical condition in hospital.

The other thing that surprised me was that there were no police at the game! Is that common practise? Looking at the stewards they have I wouldnt have thought school leavers were suitably qualified to be able to deal with any trouble!

Someone mentioned on here about walking through Wood End in Coventry - that was rather brave! I did teaching practice there and it was a fantastic experience! It isnt a particularly nice area but the kids were delightful and most parents were ok! A lot of money has been put into that area for regeneration!!!

Yeh i know the adidas suisse (swiss), i know a few people who have them still from back in the day but not in the greatest of condition. With regards to policing at games, certain games are not policed every season and trouble always happens. We went to Villa a few seasons ago on a police free game and it kicked off pretty bad after the game, windows on the coach were smashed.

Archived