BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2008

Sign Ekra - he will be very young yet on your game (French Striker) and Kose (Turkish striker), then sign Bouzanis from Liverpool and Breno (Brazlilian defender) as soon as you can.

They should help you improve your finances within a year or two

I'll take a look at them. Signed Breno a few times on previous starts as well as Cahais.

Bouzanis looks good, though my scout reckons he won't be interested in joining, i've made a bid anyways. Checking out the other players now

Breno has gone to Bayern :(

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always use 4-4-2 although sometimes 4-5-1 against the better teams like united, liverpool, chelsea and arsenal.

usually play with both wingers pointing forward and one midfielder dropping deeper. always tackle hard, play a high line and play the counter attack

I find it prefers an attacking mindset.

Surprised you had to pay that much for Kalouda. I got him for 750k my first season with the same patch. Sold him for about 12-13 million with a big sell-on clause the next summer. He ended up with better numbers for the season than Bentley.

I find it prefers an attacking mindset.

Surprised you had to pay that much for Kalouda. I got him for 750k my first season with the same patch. Sold him for about 12-13 million with a big sell-on clause the next summer. He ended up with better numbers for the season than Bentley.

I was surprised as well i offered 800k and they turned it down, said they wanted close to £3 million. Though i probably should of made a bid for him before i sold Bents, noticed with the AI sometimes if they know you've got a bit of money they will demand more. A bit like real life i guess.

Anyone else get the April Fool in FM today?

I dunno how to put my screenshots up but basically I received a message in my inbox saying I'd received a £500m windfall, but when I clicked "accept" it gave me a little april fool's message!

Haha, quality...I didn't play it yesterday, so I dunno. Maybe I'll reset my clock to yesterday and see what happens.

Someone mentioned a Lubos Kalouda, czech winger that's good? That's funny- I'm the Czech Republic manager on mine and the name doesn't ring a bell. Only Pavel Kalouda. I'll have a look, maybe he's somehow evaded my search method.

I was surprised as well i offered 800k and they turned it down, said they wanted close to £3 million. Though i probably should of made a bid for him before i sold Bents, noticed with the AI sometimes if they know you've got a bit of money they will demand more. A bit like real life i guess.

The AI is very funny with transfer negotiations. Which is basically why I tend to cheat with most of my transfer negotiations by loading to the point before I make the bid etc. With some transfers, if you offer them a fee, even one they are supposed to accept (often one a lot higher than what they're supposed to accept), they ask for something higher, often with a sell-on fee. This part I'm fine with. What gets my goat is that if you then reply with a negotiated offer, they will ask for MORE than they asked for in the first place! This dynamic can continue indefinitely (well, until the board go over the manager's head and accept a bid). Obviously, this is a highly unrealistic negotiation process. When you meet someone halfway they don't up the asking price by 20 percent.

Anyone else get the April Fool in FM today?

I dunno how to put my screenshots up but basically I received a message in my inbox saying I'd received a £500m windfall, but when I clicked "accept" it gave me a little april fool's message!

I had that as well. It was very funny to see but i'm gutted I didn't receive the money as i'm totally broke on the game :angry:

Haha, quality...I didn't play it yesterday, so I dunno. Maybe I'll reset my clock to yesterday and see what happens.

Someone mentioned a Lubos Kalouda, czech winger that's good? That's funny- I'm the Czech Republic manager on mine and the name doesn't ring a bell.

Lubos Kalouda starts at 1. FC Brno at the start of the game, very decent right winger who i heard can turn out world class in a few years time. Definately worth a look at. ;)

Another possible good future player is Giannis Papadopoulos, you can get him cheap and it looks like he may have some potential.

Right, I need help. I just got manager of the month, we are 8th and climbing fast, McCarthy got Player of the month and Lulinha got young Player of the month.

And my contract is running out and they are unwilling to offer me a new one and are looking at Gary Megson/I. Dowie. What the f.....?

Now, as I have a great set up with Altidore/Diogo etc coming next season, this is annoying me. How can I get them to give me a new contract bearing in mind we have won 6 on the trot so it isn't like we are struggling.

Right, I need help. I just got manager of the month, we are 8th and climbing fast, McCarthy got Player of the month and Lulinha got young Player of the month.

And my contract is running out and they are unwilling to offer me a new one and are looking at Gary Megson/I. Dowie. What the f.....?

Now, as I have a great set up with Altidore/Diogo etc coming next season, this is annoying me. How can I get them to give me a new contract bearing in mind we have won 6 on the trot so it isn't like we are struggling.

I wouldn't worry too much, that speculation thing happens quite often but nothing comes of it. I'd fully expect you to get a new contract come the summer, unless you've promised the board you're going to win the league! :lol:

Ah right, thanks for putting my mind at ease. There is about 6 games left until the end of the season so unless I get thumped I think I should be fine.

Looking forward to when I can finally get Kose and Altidore. Altidore has played about 20 games and scored 30 odd goals, he'll be great.

More help:

Bowen buggered off and I need to know how to get my assistant (Nigel Pearson) to arrange pre season friendlies, where can I find that option? Also, how can I add more affliates (sp) like Brugge?

Ah right, thanks for putting my mind at ease. There is about 6 games left until the end of the season so unless I get thumped I think I should be fine.

Looking forward to when I can finally get Kose and Altidore. Altidore has played about 20 games and scored 30 odd goals, he'll be great.

More help:

Bowen buggered off and I need to know how to get my assistant (Nigel Pearson) to arrange pre season friendlies, where can I find that option? Also, how can I add more affliates (sp) like Brugge?

In answer to your first question go to Manager > Manager Options > Team Settings, then select the assistant manager to arrange/be in charge of friendlies tick boxes.

And to get affiliated clubs, go to Board Room > Make Board Request and there's an option for feeder clubs in there somewhere.

Lubos Kalouda starts at 1. FC Brno at the start of the game, very decent right winger who i heard can turn out world class in a few years time. Definately worth a look at. ;)

Another possible good future player is Giannis Papadopoulos, you can get him cheap and it looks like he may have some potential.

Nope, couldn't find Lubos Kalouda. I searched for kalouda, and the only one in my game is Pavel Kalouda, who is about 23 now (in 2011) and a pretty good right winger. Shame...unless Pavel is Lubos, somehow. Do you have the Czech league activated or something?? Or maybe you're spelling his name wrong? Brno do have a few players on my game (think I've bought from them before), but he isn't one of them.

And I just don't understand why you're all having so much success with Jozy Altidore!! His stats and potential just aren't that great...I've never had any player hit over 30 goals on this version of the game, and I've been at it four seasons! My top goalscorer in a season is still Benni from my first season, with about 28 I think. ADB...Diogo isn't that great. Worth buying on the cheap (I paid 1 mill), but if you've anything about you you'll find better players. I know his stats look great for someone his age, which is why I bought him, but I didn't play him once. I would've a bit if he hadn't needed to go to Cercle to get a permit, but by the time he came back I had about four better players in DM, so I sold him for 7 mill. Also, you don't have to set your assistant manager to control reserve team, friendlies etc, you can set any coach you have to it. I recommend you just give it to the one with the best tactical knowledge (though you might also consider man handling, motivation, discipline...and for your youth team, working with youngsters)

Do you have FM updated to the 8.0.2 version? If not, that could be why you can't find Kalouda. Incidently, the best forward I've had on the game to date has been Razak Omotoyossi of Helsingborgs. Unfortunately he rarely seems to crop up unless you have the Swedish league selected and often only gets a work permit so that he can be loaned out to an affiliated club. Still, that aside, he's brilliant!

Do you have FM updated to the 8.0.2 version? If not, that could be why you can't find Kalouda. Incidently, the best forward I've had on the game to date has been Razak Omotoyossi of Helsingborgs. Unfortunately he rarely seems to crop up unless you have the Swedish league selected and often only gets a work permit so that he can be loaned out to an affiliated club. Still, that aside, he's brilliant!

Yeah i only recall seeing Lubos Kalouda on the 8.02 patch. I wonder, if they just changed the name of the guy from Pavel to Lubos in 8.02? i can't find a Pavel Kalouda in 8.02... I do run the czech league as there are some really good young players coming out from there.

*Edit* I think its a possability Pavel and Lubos are the same player, Pavel on 8.00 and on the 8.02 patch he has been renamed to Lubos. I wonder if Kalouda's tag of being called the next Pavel Nedved caused SI to make an error and call him pavel instead of Lubos. It also looks like he has had a major stats increase from patch 8.00 to 8.02.

Razak Omotoyossi i'll have to check out, what sort of striker is he? pacey? big target man?

Looks like i am going to have to start my Rovers game again, my save won't load, corrupted or something.

BTW has anyone bought Rene Mihelic? he looked decent on my game, just wondering how he progresses in a few years time.

Omotoyossi's a pacey forward, he's from Benin and basically has all the attributes you want of a forward, 15 or so for finsihing, 14-odd for composure and 18 for pace and 19 for strength or thereabouts. Only costs £100,000 too.

Tango, that sounds like absolutely nothing compared to a lot of strikers out there. Ok he's quick and strong, but his finishing sucks for a top level forward. Floro Flores is very nearly as quick, better finisher, very skillfull, excellent header. And Kose is better than Flores, but pace 15. Miralem Pjanic retrained to a forward is probably better too (although since it seems impossible to become a natural, maybe not). Bojan annihilates him. And I still can't get him even after this season, where I just won everything. Maybe next season, as it seems I'm very very near to having a worldwide club reputation (although inexplicably my managerial reputation hasn't improved at all from this season).

Yeh I had started to think Lubos was probably just Pavel...Pavel is reasonable on mine, but not better than what I have. Mine is the original, can't install patches. Pavel also starts at Brno.

Looks like i am going to have to start my Rovers game again, my save won't load, corrupted or something.

BTW has anyone bought Rene Mihelic? he looked decent on my game, just wondering how he progresses in a few years time.

Don't you keep several saves precisely in case that happens? I also make a save every summer and never change it.

I haven't come across Rene Mihelic, that I recall. I'll try to remember to take a look later.

i give up with this game now, im convinced its fixed, theres a controversial incident in almost every match, everytime i say ye im unhappy with the decision, it then says the officials got it right and vice versa, my strikers are terrible, cant score for toffee, no matter how many chances they get and my defence is just a shambles, also its impossible to sign anybody for less than double their value :angry2:

Dont throw the towel in!! Yes its alot harder than normal, but find a good tactic and stick with it - try to allow your team at least 8 games with that tactic, only then will they gel to it.

As for Complaining about decisions - it isnt worth it, very rare do the FA stay silent and usually the ref is right, therefore if you complain you get fined, banned or your club isnt happy with you.

i give up with this game now, im convinced its fixed, theres a controversial incident in almost every match, everytime i say ye im unhappy with the decision, it then says the officials got it right and vice versa, my strikers are terrible, cant score for toffee, no matter how many chances they get and my defence is just a shambles, also its impossible to sign anybody for less than double their value :angry2:

Yeah, i have the same problem whenever i get into season 2. No matter how brillant my team is season 1 and how much i strengthen in the close season, once season 2 start, i'll drop into the relegation zone even if i use the SAME tactics and players! I always give up by end Oct season 2.

Archived