BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2008

I have uploaded the shortlist that I use, it contains pretty much every decent player in the game and will cater for all budgets:

http://files.filefront.com/08+shortlistslf/;963650

To use it:

Download and save on desktop,

Load up FM2008,

Click shortlists,

At the bottom there will be an option to import file click that

go to location where you saved it

file will be shown double click

the shortlist will now be imported to your game

Enjoy!

Err that link goes to a completely different file.. nsinstall summat from 2002.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Bentley his value is now up to £8.25m and iv turned down a £17.5 million offer from Arsenal aswell as an offer of £1 million + Song, Traore & Merida.

Holy ######, you should have snapped their hands off. Song is good, but Traore and Merida develop into absolutely immense players!

I have uploaded the shortlist that I use, it contains pretty much every decent player in the game and will cater for all budgets:

http://files.filefront.com/08+shortlistslf/;963650

To use it:

Download and save on desktop,

Load up FM2008,

Click shortlists,

At the bottom there will be an option to import file click that

go to location where you saved it

file will be shown double click

the shortlist will now be imported to your game

Enjoy!

Link sends me to a Jedi Knight download. Please fix it, I need a decent shortlist!

Try

Toto tumaz

Yuval Shpungin

Kaimmer Saag (lith)

Emil salmonsson

Falcao

diego buonaotte ( river)

Jose san roman (river)

balasz dzsudzsak (debrecen)

Jozy Altidore

Brilliant player - diogo from portugese (brazil) cost 2 million

Bought:

Salomonsson - injured himself on his first day for a month.

Altidore - Failed WP, loan to CB

Diogo - bought, failed WP, loan to CB

Marin - ripped Fenebache apart then broke his foot, 2 months out.

Tumaz went to Ajax for 1.5m, didn't bother with him.

Any advice is welcome.

Guest Kamy100

Skjelbred (SP) is a quality AM/RLC. He is also cheap.

Banega DM - Probably the best DM in the game

Falco SC - Cheap and scores lots of goals

Piatti AMC - Again cheap and becomes an awesome player

Nazirath SC - Very good stiker who scores lots of goals, won't get a work Permit for him straight away. Get him and loan out abroad for a season and then you will get the work permit.

Arouna Kone - very fast and scores lots of goals, you get him on loan in first season

There are also some wonderkids at the start of the game, but not all of them are cheap:

Tom Lenz (AML) - HSV (15)

Ruben Olivera (ST) - Sevilla C (16)

David De Gea (GK) - Atletico B (16)

Raul Albiol (DC DMC MC) - Valencia (21)

Gonzalo Higuain (ST) - Real Madrid (19)

Javi Martinez (D/MC) - Athletic (18)

Marcelo (D/WB/L) - Real Madrid (19)

Lucas Trecarichi (AM/L/C) - Sevilla C (16)

Lorenzo De Silvestri (D/WB/R) - Lazio (19)

Kuzmanovic

Lupolli

Vanden Borre

Papastathopoulos

Atienza

Zarate

Ninis

Torje

Lomski

Danielle Moritti

Aaritalo

Fabio (Manchester United)

Thanks for those, I'll see how many I can afford when I get on.

I always seem to start well (won 5-0 in Euro Vase first game) but fade out then go downhill after a couple of games. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to change my formations? I'm using a formation of:

Brad

Emerton Samba Nelsen Warnock

Bentley--Savage--Pedersen

Marin/Reid if Marin injured

Santa----Benni

In a diamond formation. The reason I haven't got many of the players I bought is they are injured or out playing for CB for a WP. Or in negotiations.

I should really experiment with formations and instructions but it always seems to go wrong when I do and we get battered.

Guest Kamy100

Yup you need to really experiement with your formations and look at the individual player instructions to get the most out of the players.

I have found that 4-4-2 formations don't really work on FM2008, it is much more effective to play 4-5-1 formations as that give you attacking options and also defensive stability I am currently playing a 4-5-1 like this:

Robinson

Vanden-Borre Kompany Samba Olsson

Banega (DM Running Forwards)

Bentley (MR) Pedersen (ML)

Vander Vaart Piatti (AMC Both running backwards)

Falco

Of course 4-4-2 works on FM2008.

I always play 4-4-2. I sometimes change it so that I play 4-1-4-1 against the best teams like United & Chelsea.

I play 4 defenders in a straight line - no arrows anywhere.

Midfield - both wingers are pushing down the wing, arrow pushed forward by 1, so they are running just behind the level of the strikers. Centre midfield 1 normal other midfielder with an arrow taking him to sit just infront of the middle of the 2 centre backs.

Strikers just normal, no arrows

I set the team to be attacking, and quite abit of creative freedom, ask the defence to sit deep and tackle hard and always close down, with a mixture in where the play goes and how direct we play. Usually I use all 3 subs at half time, for freshness. Before every game I tell the team they can win it and it usually motivates at least 3 or 4 of them each game.

With 32 games gone in my 1st season I have just got up to 5th, 5 points behind reading with a game in hand who are in 4th. Top 3 is made up as Man United, Chelsea and then Liverpool. Pompey are behind me in 6th. Also for some reason Ferguson has decided he wants to be my enemy.

No chance - aslong as you have the right staff set up and training then patience is a virtue as they only get better at Bents age.

Bentley’s value is soaring; up to £12m after 32 games, asking price is set at £20m (has been since he was worth £8.5m) and both Arsenal and Bayern are tracking him. He has the most assists in the league (13 I think and also 6 goals).

Samba’s value has risen to £5.5m which has Liverpool, Lyon & Inter all interested with an asking price set at £11m.

In January I sold Emerton to Reading for £4.6 million and replaced him with Van de Borre for £5 million! Good business I think! Iv also got Denilson coming in from Arsenal in the summer for £4 million, once he has completed his loan with Juve.

Iv also got a few kids who iv been using as subs and they have been doing well. Altidore has 9 goals in all competitions; Moses (from palace) is doing well when given a chance and he’s gone from (90k which I paid to be worth £1m). Iv also got around 15-20 players out on loan who all appear to be doing quite well and most of my youngsters value’s are all increasing quickly with experience, bought a Mark Hughes from Northampton (I think!?), got him for just a sell on clause of 10% & a friendly and he is now worth £1.1 million – not bad for a free.

As for Bentley his value is now up to £8.25m and iv turned down a £17.5 million offer from Arsenal aswell as an offer of £1 million + Song, Traore & Merida.

Holy ######, you should have snapped their hands off. Song is good, but Traore and Merida develop into absolutely immense players!

I'm with Kamy on this one. I've never managed to get 4-4-2 to work properly, ever since first playing on Championship Manager 3. I've always found it essential to have someone in the AMC position - but obviously 4-4-2 is working for you Hughesy.

The problem with not using 4-4-2 is that there are so many good strikers who are easy to pick up.

Summer of 2011, just let Benni go on a free, Roque is still banging them in, Josi Altidore was 3rd highest scorer in the Prem last season and is probably going to sell for upwards of 30 million this summer, Kone scores when there is playing time for him, have a youth player who is wanted by Chelsea and does well when given first team appearances, plus I just bought Billy Sharp who scored 4 goals in his first match.

I'm finding you have to move the formations around a little. In older versions diamond worked great because there were a lot of AMCs you could get and turn into stars. Not seeing that as much on this one. Used to stay away from MCs (especially Hammer!), but just bought Obi Mikel to anchor my midfield.

I still play with 2 strikers - I need to if I'm going to keep the following happy:

Fred, Bojan, McCarthy, Briand, Santa Cruz, Stancu, James Vaughan, Derbyshire

They're the strikers I'm about to start season 4 with. McCarthy looks like he's past his best, but I've got plenty of young quality there.

Season 1 just finished – finished 3rd with 70 points. Went above Reading on the last day as they slumped to a draw.

They key with 4-4-2 is to make it solid, and stick with it! If you keep changing your tactics then they will fail.

Bentleys value is now at £13.75m, asking price set to £23.5m (he scored 12 goals and 13 assists) and is being tracked by Bayern, Arsenal, Palermo and Valencia. He is however transfer listed by request due the fact that I was asking Arsenal for mega money. He also won 2nd best player of the year, behind Rooney. Il be looking for close to a £25 million deal I think. Or maybe settle for Merida, Armand Traore & £15 million & maybe one or two other youngsters aswell.

Have interested clubs looking at Reid, Nelsen, Altidore, McCarthy, Bentley, Derbyshire, Samba, Piatti – so it will be a busy and interesting summer as I will probably let Derbyshire, Nelsen & Bentley leave and also any of the others if they get an offer over double there value. Already have Denilson coming in and im about to offer Collins John a contract. Also got Bouzanis coming in January, when he is old enough!

I also signed Stokes for £4.5 million in the 1st summer but he failed to make much impact so he will hopefully improve for my 2nd season. Already arranged a deal for Roberts to join Fulham for £1.2 million.

As with all the top youngsters, it depends on how many opportunities you give them and how you develop them. Iv had many top class wonderkids that I have sold on for big money and they have then just struggled at there new clubs.

I had Merida in my last saved game before it crashed, and he was alright, but didnt get to the level I wanted, mainly because he couldnt get past my other left winger, who was quicker and had more affect against the better teams. Merida seems to be quite a slow developer too compared to others.

ive just finished my 2nd season with rovers, finished 7th and got an intertoto place

current team - friedel, ignashevoch, warnock, nelsen, samba, arshavin, mgp, reid, makoun, doyle, mccarthy

best bit of business i did was selling peter for 6m

or maybe buying sidwell for 1.4m and then swapping him + 2.5m for jean II makoun!

Hey, I've got a question I really need answering about the data editor, although I might sound dumb, but I don't have the manual. After creating a new set of data, how do I actually upload it to the game? And, can I only upload it before the game starts? Basically I've come across the bug where you get your stadium upgraded then when you reload the game it's back to your old stadium size. I only want to edit in the stadium change.

Also if anyone knows what the 'hardcore fans' bit is all about and what it affects (though I guess it just means dedicated regulars or whatever)? Cos, ours appears to be set to 0 percent, which is blatantly preposterous.

finished my first season with rovers in 4th place, dramatic 3-3 draw at anfield on the final day secured it by a point, done crap in the domestic cups but won the uefa cup beating spurs 3-1 in the final.

only signed 1 player all season, van der vart, 12 million, player of the year too.

sold peter, emerton fot hefty fee's and have got 35 million to spend on my champions league project in the 2nd season.

never played the game before but it's took me 2 weeks to play a full season and the things that annoy me are the press before every game and the amount of offside goals is just stupid!

bowen f offed to norwich so i brought in poyet as my assistant and signed bould as a coach to sort out the defense.

Also if anyone knows what the 'hardcore fans' bit is all about and what it affects (though I guess it just means dedicated regulars or whatever)? Cos, ours appears to be set to 0 percent, which is blatantly preposterous.

That field used to be used by the game, but it isn't anymore, so it does not matter.

Archived