• McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Pedersen
    • Reid
    • Roberts

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crystal clear penalty for rovers, but not given. How the Enligsh commentator could say it wasn't a pen is just bloody amazing!!

WHAT?! The bloody fool says that newcastle should have had a pen on emertons handball.. How is that a pen but not ours?

Football's a funny old game. Against Villa we looked calm and composed, played some lovely football and got beat 4-0. Today we've suffered a barrage from Newcastle and defended desperately (and very poorly at times) and come away with a 3-1 win. Credit Warnock and Santa Cruz, I thought they were excellent today, while Samba, Mokoena and Emerton largely induced panic. Two brilliant goals by Bentley and a neat finish from Toogs has at least left me with a huge grin on my faces and nerves ripped to shreds! Like I say, football's a funny old game.

The game was all Bentley. Back where he belongs and 2 beautiful strikes. But what was with the bypassing of midfield for the whole game? Credit to Roberts for his thoroughly unselfish pass to Tugay for the goal when he could have shot (and missed) himself. You are truly a team player!

Cracking game, very English with play going back and forth, very physical play, challenges flying in from all players. We were the better team, especially in the second half, but Newcastle still had several chances to score and could've done so had they been a bit sharper in front of goal.

Friedel was solid, Warnock made many important challenges and would probably be my MotM. Samba had a mixed game, combined some brilliant challenges with schoolboy mistakes. Still, he's due the odd 'off' game, and I'm sure he'll be back to his usual self next week. We still don't seem to have "clicked" perfectly yet in attack, there's still too many occasions where the passer and the intended target aren't on the same page. Which can be bad news (If it stays that way) or good news (If it doesn't, meaning we'll only get better).

EDIT: And of course, Bentley with two goals is certainly worthy of praise. Beautiful free kick.

Archived