• Tugay
    • Mokoena
    • Dunn
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Pedersen
    • Reid
    • Roberts

There were a number of callers knocking the Axe on Radio Rovers last night after the game. So Gerald dug up the stats, which told us that when Mokoena plays we have a 75% win rate compared to 30% when he doesn't....

When did you last see Treacy play Rover6?

Probably as the other 10 realise they have to work twice as hard. The axe can do a job but will never be good consistent/good enough to be our first choice DM.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that Pedersen didn't do too bad when he came on... Fair enough there was the 50/50 challenge that he bottled a few minutes after being introduced but he got a bit of a 'talking' too from the bench and from then on was more commited. He was unlucky with his header and played a simple ball to Roberts which led to our third goal.

Treacy will get his chance soon - wasn't it about January when Derbyshire came in? Hopefully we'll get a relatively safe draw in the cup this afternoon which will give him an opportunity to get in the side. After our recent stumble there's too much riding on our upcoming games to throw him in now and I'd rather have Savage, Reid, Dunn, MGP, etc available on the bench than an untried 19 year old.

Treacy will get his chance soon - wasn't it about January when Derbyshire came in? Hopefully we'll get a relatively safe draw in the cup this afternoon which will give him an opportunity to get in the side. After our recent stumble there's too much riding on our upcoming games to throw him in now and I'd rather have Savage, Reid, Dunn, MGP, etc available on the bench than an untried 19 year old.

Correct. A draw against lower league oposition is the normal method of blooding youngsters into the 1st team not the cut and thrust of the Prem.

MGP needs confidence to perform well and his must be low at the moment. Some players are affected in this way more than others. imo his confidence would have been done a world of good if that header had gone in.

The best part of yesterdays game? The return chant of "where did Shearer win the league" and "walking in a Shearer wonderland" from the BBE, in response to a tired "Shearer, Shearer, Shearer" chant from the Geordies.

Shut them up completely, that did! Superb.

must admit that was good, even the non-singers joined in with the shearer wonderland.

The best part of yesterdays game was getting Reid back, ok he didn't do much, but his running, strength and desire was there for all to see, welcome back Reidy!

must admit that was good, even the non-singers joined in with the shearer wonderland.

The best part of yesterdays game was getting Reid back, ok he didn't do much, but his running, strength and desire was there for all to see, welcome back Reidy!

I thought Reidy did well enough. At least he was trying to fill that massive void between the central midfield and the strikers. It's to be expected though, at the moment his mind is on his injuries more than his form.

I thought Reidy did well enough. At least he was trying to fill that massive void between the central midfield and the strikers. It's to be expected though, at the moment his mind is on his injuries more than his form.

yeah he was getting himself into good positions and making some good runs. he played a couple of shocking passes in the second half when things could have opened up for us but with such little match practice thats forgivable.

I am really taken aback at the amount of moaning on this thread. I thought the second half was as exhillarating a game of footy as I have seen for years. Two teams hell bent on winning, us coming back from a goal down, three cracking goals, plenty of niggle, a panto scouse villain, goalmouth scrambles, and Rovers winning. I went through every possible emotion and was completely drained at the end. Where else can you get that? It was a game to remember. Sure, we made errors, but they contributed to the tempo and emotion of the game. If people would rather watch sterile, one-sided, techinically accomplished three-nils, there's always Arsenal.

And I also don't get the ref bashing. None of his decisions took the result out of the hands of the players and we did well out of the possible penalties. Although I was screaming for a penalty at the time, I thought the replay showed he got it right on the Santa piledriver that hit the arm of the lunging defender. The Emerton incident thoguh, was a nailed on penalty: the ball was just dropping from on high, Emerton watched it all the way, then flapped his arm across the striker to hit the ball, and all in front of 7,000 eye-witnesses.

If every game at Ewood was like that, the place would soon be sold out

I am really taken aback at the amount of moaning on this thread. I thought the second half was as exhillarating a game of footy as I have seen for years. Two teams hell bent on winning, us coming back from a goal down, three cracking goals, plenty of niggle, a panto scouse villain, goalmouth scrambles, and Rovers winning. I went through every possible emotion and was completely drained at the end. Where else can you get that? It was a game to remember. Sure, we made errors, but they contributed to the tempo and emotion of the game. If people would rather watch sterile, one-sided, techinically accomplished three-nils, there's always Arsenal.

And I also don't get the ref bashing. None of his decisions took the result out of the hands of the players and we did well out of the possible penalties. Although I was screaming for a penalty at the time, I thought the replay showed he got it right on the Santa piledriver that hit the arm of the lunging defender. The Emerton incident thoguh, was a nailed on penalty: the ball was just dropping from on high, Emerton watched it all the way, then flapped his arm across the striker to hit the ball, and all in front of 7,000 eye-witnesses.

Sums it up just about right for me.

Shame that McCarthy seems to feel that all this is a little bit beneath him. Pathetic attitude at being subbed. Time to cash in and bring in someone who actually cares about the team

Sums it up just about right for me.

Shame that McCarthy seems to feel that all this is a little bit beneath him. Pathetic attitude at being subbed. Time to cash in and bring in someone who actually cares about the team

McCarthy was playing with 14 stitches in his leg.

Hardly think that suggests an attitude of it being beneath him.

The quote you quoted was one I totally agreed with both in its summation of the game and the silly ninny whingeing which permeates Rovers supporters.

:wstu:

McCarthy was playing with 14 stitches in his leg.

Hardly think that suggests an attitude of it being beneath him.

The quote you quoted was one I totally agreed with both in its summation of the game and the silly ninny whingeing which permeates Rovers supporters.

:wstu:

Well running down the tunnel after he was subbed and driving off as the game finished (allegedly) hardly demonstrates any commitment to his colleagues or the Club

I could have course be entirely wrong and the players are free to do what they like if they are no longer required to be on the pitch

Didn't david Bentley say something similar, about it being better than some of the pretty passing football on offer that makes the pundits drool but doesn't stir the emotions like yesterday. When you're on the edge of your seat so nervous that you bite your nails to the quick and end up screaming every time the ball goes down the wrong end of the pitch and come out with a win despite all the things that could have gone wrong that's brilliant.

good win and to see the arrogent geordie silenced was worth every penny......

shearer they sang.....were did sheaer win the league sang back priceless

and as for the scum mags on bolton rd trying to scrap with everyone i really hope you got battered w@@@@@rs

I'm delighted with yesterday's win. Hopefully this will help us to get our season back on track. Bentley's goals were wonderful and I was also happy to see Reid getting a good 25 minutes of playing time. From the highlights it didn't look like we were to strong defensively, but there were some really committed blocks and tackles which is always nice to see. Hopefully we can build on this and be knocking on the door of a Champions League position again.

....as opposed to the silly ninny whingeing about the Rovers supporters - or paying punters as they're sometimes referred to <_<

....as opposed to the silly ninny whingeing about the Rovers supporters - or paying punters as they're sometimes referred to <_<

You'ld think they would be more grateful for the fact that they can actually get to the game and watch stuff like yesterday wouldnt you? Instead of moaning that we won 3-1.

For what its worth, watching the rerun on Sky last night showed an excellent 2nd half, end to end, goal mouth action, 3 great rovers goals and fat Sam looking very sick, priceless.

However, if I had been in the ground I'd probably had a heart attack.

We moan when we're dull, we moan when we're exciting, we moan when we lose and we moan when we win. I wish people would decide what they want from the club.

Just looking at those goals..

1. Bentley's strike was brilliant and executed to perfection but Shay Given was certainly showing a right footed kicker a hell of a lot to aim for.

2. A very 'picky' and slight whinge but Tugay by rights should have slid the ball to RSC (I assume) standing to his left and in a superb position instead of attempting to hit a very narrow target.

You'ld think they would be more grateful for the fact that they can actually get to the game and watch stuff like yesterday wouldnt you? Instead of moaning that we won 3-1.

For what its worth, watching the rerun on Sky last night showed an excellent 2nd half, end to end, goal mouth action, 3 great rovers goals and fat Sam looking very sick, priceless.

However, if I had been in the ground I'd probably had a heart attack.

We moan when we're dull, we moan when we're exciting, we moan when we lose and we moan when we win. I wish people would decide what they want from the club.

Oh stop moaning :angry2:

Archived