BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to smile when it was revealed the exact reason why Joe Kinnear is serving a two-match suspension from the dugout - which still lingers from his spell at Nottingham Forest, where he was sacked in 2004.

The reason for the suspension is that while he was at Forest - upsetting the supporters with his ugly brand of long-ball football and calling them "morons" for criticising his tactics - Kinnear called a referee "Coco the Clown", hence the two-match ban.

Doesn't 'Coco the Clown' just about sum up the crazy circus at St James' Park ?

Kinnear says that he "forgot" to tell Mike Ashley about his ban before accepting the position of interim manager. Kinnear firstly told the media that he was going to be in charge at Newcastle for six games. Now he says that it's for eight games.

It seems that Kinnear also put his foot in it when he told the media that Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer were going to form a managerial partnership under the new owners. Shearer says: "I don't know where that's come from. I don't know what he's talking about."

Mick Quinn, the former Newcastle striker, says that the supporters and players are "completely underwhelmed" by Joe Kinnear. Michael Owen says that the players are desperately lacking in confidence. Kinnear says: "Every second I turn a corner, it is 'Kevin Keegan'. Every second there's someone who wants to stab you in the back."

Welcome to the crazy circus Joe.

It's been reported in the press that the training so far at Newcastle consisted of giving the players a day off on Monday and taking them to a local cafe for tea and bacon sandwiches. When Kinnear was at Nottingham Forest, the players were woefully unfit according to the Forest chief executive Mark Arthur. Perhaps Kinnear is heading in the same direction for fitness levels at St James' Park.

At Wimbledon, Kinnear's team were known as the 'crazy gang'. Perhaps a better name for his team now would be the 'lazy gang'.

Looking at the points stats in the Premiership for the calendar year of 2008 so far, the stats would make grim reading for Newcastle fans. Since January 1st 2008, Newcastle have been averaging less than a point a game. Both Spurs and Newcastle finished the last campaign poorly and have managed to start this one even worse.

Of the Premiership's seventeen ever-presents since the start of 2008, Newcastle are currently rock bottom in terms of average points per game.

2008 League Table (points per game)

1 Chelsea 2.39

2 Manchester United 2.14

3 Arsenal 2.09

4 Liverpool 2.08

5 Everton 1.70

6 Aston Villa 1.61

7 Blackburn 1.52

8 Portsmouth 1.39

9= Sunderland 1.26

9= Wigan 1.26

11 Fulham 1.23

12= Manchester City 1.22

12= Middlesbrough 1.22

14 West Ham 1.21

15= Bolton 1.04

15= Tottenham 1.04

17 Newcastle 0.91

Averaging only 0.91 points per game is relegation form, and with a clown like Joe Kinnear in charge for the coming six or eight games, things could get even worse for Newcastle over the next couple of months.

Apparentley on SkySports News, They was saying that the South African Consortium is not or ever have been in line to buy Newcastle.

The head of the Consortium, I cant remember his name, But he apparently has said that he has never spoken to anybody from Newcastle and has no intrest in doing so.

Not only has Jiminez left but Keith Harris of Seymour Pierce who are selling Newcastle has said that potential buyers are finding good excuses for not buying in this climate and that he is not promising he will make a sale.

Guardian report

When Harris says the credir crunch will have a profound impact on the Premier League, you have got to believe that something big is going to happen.

Not only has Jiminez left but Keith Harries of Seymour Pierce who are selling Newcastle has said that potential buyers are finding good excuses for not buying in this climate and that he is not promising he will make a sale.

Orville is equally sceptical about a quick sale, but he's a Plymouth fan, so he doesn't care, whilst Bubbles just wants Blackpool to stay in the 1st division.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

"Ashley has no class whatsoever," says Dave Whelan

ashley-prat.jpg

Nice to see that Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has put the boot into the disgusting billionaire cockney chav Mike Ashley.

"He's got no class whatsoever," says Whelan. "I don't trust Ashley as far as I could throw him. I think he's got what he deserved. You don't go into a football club like Newcastle and lower all the standards. There's no pride left in the club."

Whelan describes Ashley as "a Tottenham fan buying Newcastle and letting people think that he supports them."

"The fans know that Ashley is not Newcastle United through and through," says Whelan.

I feel that Mike Ashley has dragged Newcastle United into the gutter. He's a parasite. Owners like Ashley, who are not real supporters of the clubs they own, are doing great damage to the game of football.

To paraphrase Kevin Keegan - I'd love it if Ashley was relegated, I'd love it...

A link to Dave Whelan's comments here

Archived