BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

Ince has said nothing initially and then said he's happy and he's staying. When Hughes was obviously prostituting himself for several days for the Newcastle job in last time there wasn't all this moaning on here then. In fact some people slating Ince now were ones saying that Hughes would 'never leave except for Man U'.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you really want to know what Ince said go to the link at Post No.605 above.There you will also find the words that show that Ince is committed to his present job with Rovers, and that T4E conveniently "forgot" to mention in his edited version of the "transcript".

Fife If these are the comments you are referring to.

"However, I feel I owe it to the club, the players and the supporters to say that I am very happy at Ewood Park.

This comment was added later, and not part of the interview on SSN earlier.

Fife, there was absolutely NOTHING edited about the transcript I posted. I take it you have seen the words coming out of Ince's mouth on SSN like I did? I spent quite some time pausing, rewinding and playing the interview on Sky Plus to make sure that I captured EVERY SINGLE WORD that came out of his mouth on the matter. Not a single thing was edited, quite the opposite.

I would love to know what you have based to above accusation on.

I based it on what I read as a direct statement from Ince in the link in post #605.Which is what I said.

Fife this is LET version which is a different from Teamtalk & the BRFC site, but to my recolection the same as SSN earlier at the pre match interview.

LET

You will notice There is one quote that has been added to Teamtalk & BRFC official.

"However, I feel I owe it to the club, the players and the supporters to say that I am very happy at Ewood Park.

Fife this is LET version which is a different from Teamtalk & the BRFC site, but to my recolection the same as SSN earlier at the pre match interview.

LET

You will notice There is one quote that has been added to Teamtalk & BRFC official.

Thanks for that. I have read it and can see nothing in that article that suggests in any way at all that Ince is even contemplating a move away from Rovers to ANY club. If you or any one else can see such an implication perhaps you would be good enough to point it out and explain how it causes you to think this way.

Ince said on SSN that he was flattered by the interest from such a big club, but didn't want to comment on the speculation.

Sometime later the official Rovers site had a news article stating that Ince owed the fans, the club etc and he was enjoying his job.

It was obvious that something was said and that the club made a move to try and 'make it clearer' Ince's position on the subject.

Thanks for that. I have read it and can see nothing in that article that suggests in any way at all that Ince is even contemplating a move away from Rovers to ANY club. If you or any one else can see such an implication perhaps you would be good enough to point it out and explain how it causes you to think this way.

Sorry Fife, I shouldn't have stuck my nose in, I was just trying to show the difference between what had been said on SSN and then quoted in later editorials. To my recollection I never implied Ince is leaving.

Let's have a poll to show how many would be "happy", "indifferent" or "unhappy" if Ince leaves. I'm moving towards the "happy" category after his totally inadequate response on SSN. Obviously the follow-up statement is a put-up job from JW and even then he did not take the opportunity to say he has no interest in the Newcastle job. In other words a clarification that clarified nothing. He is living up to the "Bigtime Charlie" tag that Ferguson gave him. Who does he think he is? Knows nothing of the transfer market for Prem players. Has no coaching badges. In interviews behaves like a rabbit in headlights . Therefore perfectly qualified to take on one of the most demanding management jobs after 8 weeks and 4 games at BRFC. Lets hope the jokers at Toon also see it that way and hand over £5m compensation to add to the next manager's kitty. Curbishley might be boring and gloomy- rather than a pump-up egotist- but at least he gives an impression he knows what he's doing.

Sorry Fife, I shouldn't have stuck my nose in, I was just trying to show the difference between what had been said on SSN and then quoted in later editorials. To my recollection I never implied Ince is leaving.

No problem 67. There are as you know a small number of people on here who are so anxious to justify their agenda (i.e Ince hating) that it would appear they will go to any lengths to try and justify their prejudice. Rather like politicians and other spin doctors (used car salesmen?), they push forward only the bits that suit their case, instead of presenting an unbiased and rounded discussion then asking for the opinions of others. I am not totally convinced as yet on whether or not Ince was a good appointment, but as only time will tell on that one I am willing to keep an open mind and wait. Also to give the guy every possible encouragement and genuinely hope that he does succeed; which obviously will mean Rovers are succeeding too. I would argue that any true Rovers fan should take the view that the board have made an appointment after due process and they should be trusted to have made the correct choice until time and events prove otherwise.

Until it all goes wrong, and I hope and believe on the minimal evidence so far that it will not do so, we as Rovers fans should all be firmly behind Paul Ince and his players and back-room team. No doubt JW and the board are thinking along similar lines as they have a vested interest in doing so.

No problem 67. There are as you know a small number of people on here who are so anxious to justify their agenda (i.e Ince hating) that it would appear they will go to any lengths to try and justify their prejudice. Rather like politicians and other spin doctors (used car salesmen?), they push forward only the bits that suit their case, instead of presenting an unbiased and rounded discussion then asking for the opinions of others. I am not totally convinced as yet on whether or not Ince was a good appointment, but as only time will tell on that one I am willing to keep an open mind and wait. Also to give the guy every possible encouragement and genuinely hope that he does succeed; which obviously will mean Rovers are succeeding too. I would argue that any true Rovers fan should take the view that the board have made an appointment after due process and they should be trusted to have made the correct choice until time and events prove otherwise.

Until it all goes wrong, and I hope and believe on the minimal evidence so far that it will not do so, we as Rovers fans should all be firmly behind Paul Ince and his players and back-room team. No doubt JW and the board are thinking along similar lines as they have a vested interest in doing so.

I would agree with that. Common sense needs to prevail, irrespective of personnel opinion.

This seems to be pretty unequivocal to me:

My future is here, as I said before,” said Ince. “I am here to concentrate on Blackburn and what people choose to write in the papers because me and Wisey are good mates, that is up to them, I can’t control that.

Link:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ackburn_Rovers/

(Edit......Sorry 67.........didn't spot that you had already posted the link.)

I based it on what I read as a direct statement from Ince in the link in post #605.Which is what I said.

In other words, you haven't actually seen the interview that you accuse me of editing.

The fact of the matter is, those comments that I posted are, word for word, the only comments that we have actually seen come out of Ince's mouth, anything else was added afterwards. Someone somewhere has seen the SSN interview and decided clarity was needed.

Anyway, no worries, apology accepted.

So, under Hughes, what would have been the results from the first three Premier League games we've played?

How is this squad depleted? Bentley has gone and so has Brad. We haven't got a direct replacement for Bentley but we tried to sign more than one. We have a direct replacement for Brad though. Other than that, Ince actually brought in players for positions we have been weak in for a long time. If you go on and tell me Hughes always replaced players I'll just point you in the direction of Lucas Neill in that right back position, one that Ince has actually attempted to fill.

Your diatribe against Ince (along with a number of others but certainly no where near your three quarters of Rovers fans) is wearing thin and showing how small minded and unwilling to give someone a chance you really are.

Small minded? You havent taken me up on my bet. You're really pathetic. Ince will NEVER achieve a top 8 finish as Hughes did. That's the bottom line. You can ponce around with all your weedy arguments and your online big talk but the reality is we're saddled with a less good manager than the one we've just lost. If you didnt agree you'd accept my bet. Either accept my bet or shut up and grown up. You';re tedious and clearly know nothing about football. End of argument.

To humour you and answer your question, under Hughes we would have beaten Hull at home and probably got a draw away to West Ham. I'm sure you'll disagree with me, just to be difficult. God help the people who have to live with you. What a fractious arsehole you are.

I appreciate your attempts to put a coherent pro-Ince argument together, Faz. I've seen similar litanies being offered as excuses why seemingly good teams got relegated or lost matches in the past. Successful clubs dont need excuses because success speaks for itself. Ince inherited a first-rate Hughes team which ought to have done well against the teams we've played so far. If drawing at home to Hull and conceding four against a West Ham about to lose their manager represents a good start to the season then you clearly have no ambition whatsoever and would probably be better served supporting the Claret Clowns down the road. My concerns are with the depleted quality of the squad over the season. We should have been building on the success of the last couple of seasons but we're so obviously going backwards appointing Ince and seeing what he's done in the transfer market as well as dividing the fans. I'd love us to have a manager we all had faith in but we dont.

We had 4 points from the first two games. We always knew we were going to lose to West Ham because thats what its like every season at Upton Park. For the record, 7 managers have tried since King Kenny, all have failed. So there isn't an issue of ambition. If you even cared to go to the Hull game, you would've clearly seen the players were tired and very slow in their usual passing game. Rightly so, Incey had a go at the pointless friendlies which cost us 2 points in that game. We've got Arsenal up next and we are clearly underdogs for this game. However, if /when we end up losing, most people won't see the fact we lost to a better footballing side with more quality than Rovers, they will just have a go at Paul Ince as per usual. Give the guy a break!

We've played 4 games, haven't even seen Ince build his full squad up, and your having a go at him for the quality of the squad. The season has just started, let alone finished, and your already making judgements on our squad. That just basically finishes your end of the arguement. The usual "Anti-Ince" member, ahh what can you do eh? :rolleyes:

Small minded? You havent taken me up on my bet. You're really pathetic. Ince will NEVER achieve a top 8 finish as Hughes did. That's the bottom line. You can ponce around with all your weedy arguments and your online big talk but the reality is we're saddled with a less good manager than the one we've just lost. If you didnt agree you'd accept my bet. Either accept my bet or shut up and grown up. You';re tedious and clearly know nothing about football. End of argument.

To humour you and answer your question, under Hughes we would have beaten Hull at home and probably got a draw away to West Ham. I'm sure you'll disagree with me, just to be difficult. God help the people who have to live with you. What a fractious arsehole you are.

:lol: What a joke! We lost to West Ham countless time under Hughes at Upton Park. I guess you probably think Sparky would've beaten Hull just like you thought we'd beat Coventry, Bournemouth, Larrisa etc??

you sound like a chav!

give Ince a break, and if you knew for certain and are right that he is as bad as you say, someone really in the know in the football world would have you as their manager

:rover:

So unless someone takes you up on your bet they are not allowed an opinion?

You know for a fact we would have beaten Hull under Hughes?

Under Hughes, I don`t think we would have beaten Everton. Did you miss that one on purpose?

So me not taking you up on your £50 is being pathetic? The simple reason is I don't have £50 I want to bet with, I don't have that kind of money to throw around on bets. As I said previously, how about £5? You chose to ignore that didn't you? I'd change the bet though, £5 to me if we finish out of the bottom 8, £5 to you if we're out of the top 8 and a draw in the middle (maybe carry it over to the next season...). I actually think Ince might turn out to be a half decent manager but the equal chance is he could be a complete disaster.

As for Ince never achieving a top 8 position, that's your opinion at this point and nothing is going to dissuade you from writing Ince off at this stage in the season (and his career) so I'll give up and put you on the ignore list because the personal attack in your post is pointless and silly. This started out being about football and has degenerated into your assertion that I 'ponce around' with 'weedy arguments' and 'online big talk' along with not being grown up enough to take your bet. The best thing about this is you can't see that I'm not pro-Ince. I'm pro giving the guy a chance so taking a £50 bet is pointless to me because I'm waiting to see how Ince does and whether he is going to be a worthy successor to Hughes or not. Go find someone who is completely pro-Ince and get them to take your bet.

It's YOUR opinion that says we're saddled with a 'less good' (don't you mean worse?) manager not mine. I'll make my mind up when I choose to and not be persuaded by someone who hasn't given me a coherent and reasoned argument to prove he is awful. If being tedious and knowing nothing about football means I have a relatively open mind about our new manager and am quite willing for him to prove himself one way or the other then I'll be happily tedious and know nothing. Three matches just isn't anywhere near enough to judge anybody by, 6 matches isn't either.

Actually, being the 'fractious arsehole' that I am (according to you), I would have said we were more likely to draw at Everton, win at home to Hull and lose at West Ham because that's the kind of result we got last season. Hughes never changed the pattern of results at West Ham, someone will eventually I suppose...

Can you tell me in the last three years what our record has been at Upton Park? How many points would a Hughes team have attained at the start of the season, if you say more than Ince then you really have not seen much football under Hughes...

Hughes finished 15th in his first season at Ewood, I will take the bet that we finish in the top 8 with Ince within 2 years, willing to take it on?

We do not know how successful Ince will be but dont you think it is pathetic that you are judging him, his staff and his signings after FOUR games of football out of which we have lost ONE?

Your short term, defeatist attitude is exactly what is wrong with football today. Thankfully Rovers have a record of backing the managers and giving them time to develop...

It's a rather silly bet to take considering the last bet matched on Betfair is even money that Rovers finish higher that 17th.

This whole thing is crazy. The only person to benefit from it is Ince himself, as interest from a global football superpower like Newcastle 'proves' he's highly rated and not completely out of his depth like many Rovers fans suspect he is.

I reckon the story was put out there by Ince's agent (or his mum) in a twisted attempt to get Rovers fans behind him.

This whole thing is crazy. The only person to benefit from it is Ince himself, as interest from a global football superpower like Newcastle 'proves' he's highly rated and not completely out of his depth like many Rovers fans suspect he is.

I reckon the story was put out there by Ince's agent (or his mum) in a twisted attempt to get Rovers fans behind him.

:lol:

doo da doo doo da( x files theme)

the truth is out there

:lol:

Archived